Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

LOL nope I wouldn't. There's finally people on my friends list that aren't my alts =o.o=

Rhonda and I used to go to SCA events and play medieval dress up. If I can ever get my sewing room set up and stopped being used for storage I can make some of the costumes I've been wanting to.

• Like 4

There´s fnally people on my list that aren´t long gone xD

uhhh nice ^^ well my bf and I are in the 501st Legion - the StarWars costuming club that´s booked by Disney and Lucasfilm  - and there´s a huge event in southern Germany this weekend - 250 people of the German Garrison (501st) + dunno how many Rebels, Mandalorians, StarTrek folks and what have you....  He was the one who taught me how to sew and inspired me to turn my garbage bin...erm.... office... into a building/creative space

There´s gonna be so many pics of us  ...alone, as a couple, with friends....

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Clover Jinx said:

LOL nope I wouldn't. There's finally people on my friends list that aren't my alts =o.o=

Rhonda and I used to go to SCA events and play medieval dress up. If I can ever get my sewing room set up and stopped being used for storage I can make some of the costumes I've been wanting to.

SCA!  My older brother (who used to be in SL) and his wife were very, very active in the SCA!  I accompanied them to a Twelfth Night event in the DC area. LOVED dressing up! :)

Not sure where you and Rhonda are located, but did you ever attend Pennsic?

Edited by Maureen Boccaccio
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Maureen Boccaccio said:

SCA!  My older brother (who used to be in SL) and his wife were very, very active in the SCA!  I accompanied them to a Twelfth Night event in the DC area. LOVED dressing up! :)

Not sure where you and Rhonda are located, but did you ever attend Pennsic?

Well it is a small world! No, never made it to Pennsic, but we knew some people who did so heard lots of stories. The biggest event I made it to was Gulf Wars about 16-18 years ago. Yeah it's been a while.

My goodness. I didna know what you guys were talking about with the SCA business. I'm flabbergasted. I mean I'm hardly scratching the surface but the roots! I saw Marion Zimmer Bradley! And Poul Anderson. POUL ANDERSON!

I wish I had actually looked at fan stuff once in a while. I never gave a fig for any of that stuff; for me just reading the books was enough of a reward, but I gotta admit SCA sounds pretty special.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

#*&!@ Skell! Now I need to find a bigger taser!

:D

Seriously, though, I spent a ridiculous amount of time last night playing with those animations. They're utterly superb, and at times hilarious! I especially love how Catwa created new, more masculine animations for the male heads (only Daniel has been updated so far, but I think Stanley and Shaheen will be done over the next day or two), but some of the best bits from the female heads are still included. I'd really hoped that the little sniff from the crying animation was going to be kept in, and it was. (Which, uh, yeah, means that Daros will be able to get away with even more than he already does, if he tries that one on me! :x)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

Hey, guys.  Don't forget that next week is the start of Proctober.  Don't get left behind.  Schedule your colonoscopy today!

Did not know this was a thing. By coincidence, I see my doctor next week to consult and schedule a follow up from my last one. Dreading. The prep years ago was AWFUL. I hear they've improved so we'll see...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I'm not due until 2020. I can't hardly wait.

I propositioned the nurse during my last one. Gotta love anesthesia.

TMI to follow.

The last time I was put under, was for a D&C to remove some polyps.  Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

In the middle of the procedure, I woke up enough to feel intense pain.  More than intense.  Unbearable. 

I was so out of it and yet, managed to tell my doctor to go ***** herself, and many other obscene comments. Then, they must have administered more anesthesia and I slipped under again.

At my follow up, I mentioned this to the doctor and she was like "Oh yea, I remember that!"  She said she was surprised I remembered, since most patients apparently tend to forget the experience once over. Nope. Not me.  I'd think twice about using them again. I've been under more than several times in my life and it certainly was a first. 

/gives middle to the inexperienced anesthesiologist 

• Sad 1