Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

10 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

I am off Friday, too.  Also the following Monday and Tuesday.

Same here plus next week (but we´ll be busy with family dinner and D&D, a small con and who knows what else xD

7 hours ago, Darrius Gothly said:

May I have a sip of whatever you're drinking .. please?

awww I liked what she posted - it was cute^^ - so maybe the shake´s sugar...but then she´s cute 24/7... Anyways...wb^^

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I know how that can go - I've seen my mom & dad.  This is why any house that we downsize to will always have an office in a separate room from the family room where the TV is.  I can always go to whichever room he is currently not in.

ETA: I've actually had a taste of this over the past couple of months.  He got laid off and it took 7 weeks for him to get his next job.  His lack of having coworkers to talk to during the day just about drove me crazy every evening and all weekend during those very looooooooooooong 7 weeks.

Ohh I see... like "Hun I love you but..STFU"?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

OMG - My boss signed me up for a 'Technical Deep Dive' presentation on a database system that we use.  It ended up being basically a sales pitch of the new release.  

Wasted 2 hours of my life that most definitely could have been better spent.

That  is one of the lowest sales tricks in the book, and has never led to a sale in any company I've worked at, and by Grabthar's Hammer, I swear it never will.

Edited by dossiere
  • Like 4

About the whole retiring thing - I'm glad I saw the way my dad did it. This is how it went from my point of view:

My dad and I were going somewhere, and ran into one of his ex-colleagues. We talked to the guy for a while and all the guy did was complain about how much he hated retirement. It really disturbed my father.

So, Dad started looking ahead and thinking about the things he liked to do, and he started spending time doing those things. He rearranged the family budget so he could save more for retirement.

Then he retired, and he was having fun and relaxing and hanging out with his friends...

But he missed his job, so did some part-time consulting. Some of the jobs he didn't like, so he quit doing those, and in the end he found a work/life balance -- meaning, he worked as much as he played. I think if he could have foreseen that he could arrange his life that way, he would have retired much earlier.

Edited by dossiere
  • Like 4

blergh!!!! And uh oh Clover you´re in trouble, hun...^^

I´ve got the next week off ..and tomorrow.... and I´m planning to surprise my bf as it´s our 2 monthsy today (yeah I know... cute, right? :P:P:P) ...let´s see if that works out - else I´ll go over tomorrow... 

I don´t suppose myself to be more online next week though as we´re attending a con on saturday, family dinner on tuesday, d&D on Wednesday...... xD Damn nerds, eh?^^

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Maureen Boccaccio said:

But here's a question for the class:  How do I change the parcel windlight settings for the Hangout?  I want to set it to midnight for Saturday's Halloween events...

I'm guessing one of the tabs in the About Land window - though I do not know that for sure since I cannot get inworld right now to check.

18 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I'm guessing one of the tabs in the About Land window - though I do not know that for sure since I cannot get inworld right now to check.

Yeah, I looked there...and I didn't see it.  But it could be behind something (you know...when someone is looking in the fridge for something, and they cannot find it...you tell them it's there, but they still cannot find it...because it's behind the milk. :p).

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Maureen Boccaccio said:

Yeah, I looked there...and I didn't see it.  But it could be behind something (you know...when someone is looking in the fridge for something, and they cannot find it...you tell them it's there, but they still cannot find it...because it's behind the milk. :p).

Can Mainland override the SL settings?  I know private regions/estates can, but not even sure about Mainland.