Just Ignore and let this one die

Maureen Boccaccio

Well, I distinctly recall telling *someone* I'm an idiot.

There's nothing wrong with the sun on my region. It was the sun on my *parcel.*

Huh?

There was an EEP setting on my parcel. I did not know this. I also didn't know that you only need the EEP viewer to change it - it's at the server level so everyone sees it, including scripts.

And, as mentioned, I didn't know you could set the sun for a *parcel.*

So on your parcel, you could have a 24-hour day with a ten-hour night with the sun setting in the north and, if I'm correct, all the sun-sensitive stuff already out there on your property will react appropriately. 

Mine did not, because the EEP on my parcel indicated a set sky. No sun movement at all. Lights would not turn on because they were being told it was daytime. Forever. 

Don't ask me how it got that way. I'm sure I did it to myself but I can't prove it, so I'm technically innocent. 👼

Anyway, once I figured out how to set the EEP thingie to default region settings (and then delete it), everything has worked properly and things happen when they should, and all is right with the world.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2019 at 4:51 PM, Skell Dagger said:

Speaking of which, I spotted this at the current 'King Arthur' round of Enchantment yesterday, and it gave me a good chuckle:

fa1c7cda6245d227f80e482c8bf8f13e.png

@kiramanell - This made me think of you! (... wait, wait... nope, that came out all wrong) 🤣

aR1LQR2_460s.jpg.4e213e48ccaf1e329466495edd39327f.jpg

But still better than the farce also known as the Australian Government. 🤬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Ghosty Kips said:

There was an EEP setting on my parcel. I did not know this. I also didn't know that you only need the EEP viewer to change it - it's at the server level so everyone sees it, including scripts.

8 hours ago, Ghosty Kips said:

Don't ask me how it got that way. I'm sure I did it to myself but I can't prove it, so I'm technically innocent.

Wait, if you need an EEP enabled browser to change it but you had to get an EEP viewer to correct it, that means you did not have one to mess it up with in the first place.

Defense rests.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am playing with BOM again.  Glam Affair had a new skin out for 50 linden Friday that included a system skin.  It is for the Genus head which I don't have but I do have Glam Affair skins in my LeLutka head.  So it made me curious how a modern system skin will look.

So .. first up is my regular mesh self wearing GA tone 5 skin.  Also wearing muscle shading on a tattoo layer (unseen) and a tattoo on the clothing layer.  Yes, that was a set up because I know the two will not be seen together without masking one or the other.  But any way ...

BOM-Test_004.thumb.jpg.660b056dc1f6ac9b23ccc8a442b5ebbf.jpg

This is the base.  I need to look at least this nice with BOM or else it's going to be a hard sale.

BOM-Test_005.thumb.jpg.f208e9665a7b2325df8fde56b545ff59.jpg

The face is obviously not meant for this head but it's close enough to get a feel for how this will work.  The quality of the muscle shading of the abs is not the best.  What I should have done was take off that tattoo and use my better quality applier on the body's tattoo layer.

The face is also a bit waked because I still have makeup layers turned on.  I wanted to see how BOM and onion layers would work together.

Since I set up a scenario where I knew BOM would be better, I might as well show one the other way.

BOM-Test_006.thumb.jpg.b23e887e9c03b8665b8f1adaccdea898.jpg

Those are some jacked up toes. :(
If I can talk myself into logging back into LL's viewer and playing with it all again I will try a shot where I take off my feet before toggling BOM. 

When we go to full on BOM, can we keep at least one onion layer? 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

If I can talk myself into logging back into LL's viewer and playing with it all again I will try a shot where I take off my feet before toggling BOM. 

Catznip beta is out with BOM so I tried this.  No good. As soon as I put the feet back on they updated with the "correct" texture.

• Sad 1

So, my alt managed to get a houseboat. Now I have to make a huge decision whether to give up my extremely private Willow house (that looks out over a Linden protected park) where I've lived for many years. I just want to know whose brilliant idea it was not to let all of the walls of the Windlass model be repainted. 😐

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HoneyBear Lilliehook said:

I just want to know whose brilliant idea it was not to let all of the walls of the Windlass model be repainted. 

That was a bad decision, for sure.  There are one or more wall insert kits on the MP that you can buy to provide more modifiable walls.

And CONGRATS on the houseboat!!!

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

That was a bad decision, for sure.  There are one or more wall insert kits on the MP that you can buy to provide more modifiable walls.

And CONGRATS on the houseboat!!!

Thanks Lil....It's a really tough decision. My Willow home is almost right on the sim line next to the protected park. There are rarely more than 1 or 2 people on the sim, it's quiet. There's been 3-4 on Beluga since I got here. The houseboat has a Linden road right behind it, and houses across the street. I suspect it may end up having a lot of traffic. I've decided to sleep on it.

old house.jpg

new house.jpg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, HoneyBear Lilliehook said:

It's a really tough decision. My Willow home is almost right on the sim line next to the protected park. There are rarely more than 1 or 2 people on the sim, it's quiet. There's been 3-4 on Beluga since I got here. The houseboat has a Linden road right behind it, and houses across the street. I suspect it may end up having a lot of traffic. I've decided to sleep on it.

Eventually, you'll have to give up the Willow home anyway -- though probably not for at least another year or two.  Eventually, when LL has rolled out all of their various themes (at least 8 of those), and they have enough houses for everyone, including everyone living in the older homes, then they will pretty much force you to move so that they can permanently shut down all those old home regions.

If you aren't so sure about the current houseboat location, you could abandon it and keep trying for something different.  Or keep the houseboat and use your main to try for a more preferable location.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

37 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Eventually, you'll have to give up the Willow home anyway -- though probably not for at least another year or two.  Eventually, when LL has rolled out all of their various themes (at least 8 of those), and they have enough houses for everyone, including everyone living in the older homes, then they will pretty much force you to move so that they can permanently shut down all those old home regions.

REALLY?? Hm....something else to mull over!

On 9/8/2019 at 8:45 PM, HoneyBear Lilliehook said:

So, my alt managed to get a houseboat. Now I have to make a huge decision whether to give up my extremely private Willow house (that looks out over a Linden protected park) where I've lived for many years. I just want to know whose brilliant idea it was not to let all of the walls of the Windlass model be repainted. 😐

Or, you can put up your own editable walls, as I did.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ghosty Kips said:

Or, you can put up your own editable walls, as I did.

I did get a cheap insert that kinda works. The same textures look completely different though on the insert and on the regular walls.

I really don't know if I can adapt to people being 15m from me all the time, but all those extra prims have me drooling :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HoneyBear Lilliehook said:

really don't know if I can adapt to people being 15m from me all the time, but all those extra prims have me drooling :)

I primarily use my houseboat as mooring point for my boat. I still have a 4096 I'm renting privately. But do you know how hard it is to find sailable oceanfront? So, the houseboat in Bellasseria is a win. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HoneyBear Lilliehook said:

I did get a cheap insert that kinda works. The same textures look completely different though on the insert and on the regular walls.

I really don't know if I can adapt to people being 15m from me all the time, but all those extra prims have me drooling :)

Unless you are dead set on a Houseboat, maybe opt for a Traditional house.  You at least get a bit more distance between you and your neighbors. 

4 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

I will never understand this kind of protective overkill. There are anti-rez scripts in everything, too:

I got a demo baseball cap the other day that had a large DEMO sign attached to it, with both no-rez scripting and a 5 minute timer, including the resize HUD. 

Try editing hair to fit a demo hat in under 5 minutes. 😵

• Sad 2

16 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

I will never understand this kind of protective overkill. There are anti-rez scripts in everything, too:

16e0c7bdbbc716e12e0d8523c73ab68b.png

Oh, I understand it perfectly! That's the creator's message: "Do not ever buy anything from me, turn around and run as fast as you possibly can and tell everyone you know about it" 

• Like 2