Does anybody from the Forum Cartel use these forums any more?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1377 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

How does one join the cartel? Or, how does one hide from the cartel if targeted?

When you're inworld, search for the group "The Forum Cartel"  - you should be able to join it. (I cannot remember if I left "join group" open or closed...I'll check when I'm inworld.)

• 1 month later...

Here's the Hangout on St. Paddy's Day 2011...

59131fc242a63_StPaddys@TheHangout.thumb.jpg.36f56f8d655208a61d995a2e56901210.jpg59131fcad4477_St.Paddys@TheHangout2.thumb.jpg.339740c4aa0617ae8617fad8712447b9.jpg

I couldn't begin to identify everybody in those pics. I do see Mo and Ant dancing on the shelf in the second shot. Dillon's in the bib overalls with big hat, Keli Kyriei's wearing the shamrock antennae and big blonde hair (and perhaps dancing with Celestiall, who's bum looks familiar). DQ Darwin's in the green dress with straight red hair. Mags Indigo's in a green shirt, sitting on the right most stool. I'm tending bar in the second shot and I'm just to the right of the avatar cloud in the first. That might be Quinn Morani between Dil and DQ in the second shot. I can't be sure, but that might be Chris Norse dancing with someone in a green ball gown.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
Fixin' names.
  • Like 3

I found some more old photos

First is Lexxi if I am not mistaken.  Then me posing with Helga (the old bar maid)

110304_001.thumb.png.39f10081add45d59989df494c104e047.png100922_002.thumb.png.309751a4b7f255189b1f9dbba9281d0a.png

Also, Clover and I at the 2010 Halloween party.  The background was an impromptu photo on a prim for the pic.

100919_028.thumb.png.421c0c5a215280e3977ca45fe9c30d22.png

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

form cartel is a name i have not heard of in a long long time, then again, i was not there much, but i had joined along with my rl sis (erika nemeth) its good to see its still around, think the only name i really remember was a guy named trout.. maybe i will have to pop around again just for memory sake not sure yet 

• Like 2

On 5/26/2017 at 1:20 AM, Nuku Nemeth said:

form cartel is a name i have not heard of in a long long time, then again, i was not there much, but i had joined along with my rl sis (erika nemeth) its good to see its still around, think the only name i really remember was a guy named trout.. maybe i will have to pop around again just for memory sake not sure yet 

Yep, Trout Recreant. 

He doesn't come in any longer. I'm friendly with him and his wife in RL (Oryx). She pops in now and then, but hasn't in quite some time either.

I have a lot of early pix which I should post.  From the very beginning of the Cartel. They are so basic looking and funny. SL has come along way in (almost) the 10 years I'm there.

• Like 3

On 31-3-2017 at 11:08 PM, Maureen Boccaccio said:

When you're inworld, search for the group "The Forum Cartel"  - you should be able to join it.

just wondering.. is this group really active or only used by some to promote parties?... because when isee the notices it shows only that .... and i have enough of those already.. :)

44 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

just wondering.. is this group really active or only used by some to promote parties?... because when isee the notices it shows only that .... and i have enough of those already.. :)

On the weekend evenings (SLT),the group chat will sometimes get lively.  The group is not near as active as it was years ago though.  There is also the occassional party, but that is also much less frequent these days.  Hippie (one of the members) does Sunday breakfast meetups at different places each week, but I think that is the only current ongoing activity.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

On 5/28/2017 at 11:31 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

On the weekend evenings (SLT),the group chat will sometimes get lively.  The group is not near as active as it was years ago though.  There is also the occassional party, but that is also much less frequent these days.  Hippie (one of the members) does Sunday breakfast meetups at different places each week, but I think that is the only current ongoing activity.

In fact, the Forum Cartel Hangout is on the circuit for Hippie's Breakfast Club on Sunday mornings.  The next time the group wil be at the Hangout is...I think the end of June (must check with Hippie).

Edited by Maureen Boccaccio
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:19 AM, Madelaine McMasters said:

Here's the Hangout on St. Paddy's Day 2011...

59131fc242a63_StPaddys@TheHangout.thumb.jpg.36f56f8d655208a61d995a2e56901210.jpg59131fcad4477_St.Paddys@TheHangout2.thumb.jpg.339740c4aa0617ae8617fad8712447b9.jpg

I couldn't begin to identify everybody in those pics. I do see Mo and Ant dancing on the shelf in the second shot. Dillon's in the bib overalls with big hat, Keli Kyriei's wearing the shamrock antennae and big blonde hair (and perhaps dancing with Celestiall, who's bum looks familiar). DQ Darwin's in the green dress with straight red hair. Mags Indigo's in a green shirt, sitting on the right most stool. I'm tending bar in the second shot and I'm just to the right of the avatar cloud in the first. That might be Quinn Morani between Dil and DQ in the second shot. I can't be sure, but that might be Chris Norse dancing with someone in a green ball gown.

I can't understand how I missed seeing this thread had been updated: I POSTED in it earlier, even. That was such a great party. It's definitely Quinn to my left, btw. Mags was the DJ and she was awesome. For those that didn't/don't know her (haven't seen her in SL for years) she lived in Liverpool but she was a transplant from Eire. Since the DJ gig announced in Voice, we had her lovely lilt introducing every song. She played a great deal of songs done by Irish musicians, too, including I think every single song The Commitments ever made. Given the fact that was one of my all-time favorite movies, I was loving it. And I gotta admit, that hat might have been a little too big, Maddy. As I recall you told me I looked like The Cat in the Hat. :-)

Edited by Dillon Levenque
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, Dillon Levenque said:

Mags was the DJ and she was awesome.

As I recall you told me I looked like The Cat in the Hat. :-)

Yes she was.

I was terribly complimented that some forum folks thought I was her alt.

Mags Indigo built a lovely little pub in the last months of her SL life, called "The Hopstore". We'd have long conversations there. She'd go to ashes while I cleaned the bar...

5970bc8b5021d_MagsIndigo.thumb.jpg.f4a923e4358bae4814219cf728a7782b.jpg

When she finally decided to pull the SL plug, she invited me over to burn down the house.

I was unhappy to oblige.

(Not only did you look like The Cat in the Hat, you continue to behave that way. Don't stop. ;-).

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

I lament some of the things I was not there for; the things that I missed out on and can only read about. 

Don't do that! Wherever you go, there you are. Now you are here.

Someday someone will fondly remember the Forum's Emergency Backup Mom...

...but not while you are still here.

;-).

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1377 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.