Where are all my friends? Come on in and lets get comfy by the fire!

Hippie Bowman

9 hours ago, Jameson2001 said:

They are one of the few animals that use tools! Sea otters use rocks to crack open shellfish and clams to eat.

The otter lays on his back in the water, puts the rock on his stomach, and then grips the clam or whatever in both hands and repeatedly smashes it against the rock on his belly.  After it breaks open and he eats the inside, he quickly dives down to get another and then comes back up to repeat the whole scene.  Interesting and a bit comical to watch.

At the aquarium though, they learned that they cannot give them anything in shells harder than shrimp, because they started using the glass enclosure to smash the clams and such against.

Second fun fact - in the kelp beds where they live, they wrap the kelp around them for sleeping to help ensure they don't float away. 

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

Hey @Hippie Bowman, I sent your wallet back to you Eventual Express. I put a frozen yogurt coupon in it. It's really good yogurt, so... you know... you're welcome.

Oh thank you Iva! Good morning! Happy peak of the week!

Peace!

1451d210229297a5ab6e4ecb1a97d8e3.jpg

379f9fe2a55ca0daceb5fc49acba80df.jpg

• Like 4

image.png.897c6fc7113ba8ade03e7c174bbfd326.png

Happy Wednesday to all!  Thank you for more Sea Otter fun facts and aquarium visit details.  Is it just me or does the cute photo that Hippie provided look like that of a land Sea Otter:D

Dachshund puppies are adorable since their paws are almost as big as their head. 

Since we are getting to the end of the week and summer is officially starting around the corner I thought we could all enjoy some sage wisdom from the greatest detective in the world:  Chief inspector Clouseau 

image.png.9d6d6ca3b8094f62990ebc91fd6ca7fe.png

Kato! You have turned my apartment into a..a..Chinese nooky factory!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Well, I'm officially moved into my new cubicle

image.png.f034620f7771fa30e8226079b4543306.png    Hang in there LMJ with you new work space, and if you see Milton's stapler please return it!

Happy Thursday!  and for some a start of the Memorial Day weekend

image.png.4011509c8024ab80a5e5374689f47984.pngimage.png.1afd142df4eec7bf22a839af1e088439.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sub- tropical storm Alberto has formed and is just off the Yucatan peninsula and about to head into the gulf of Mexico.  This will be a big rain maker for us here in Florida. However, please begin to make preparations now for it's arrival.  Although it is not expected to be a big wind maker,  it is better to be safe than sorry.  Remove all potential projectiles from around your property to minimize damage to your home and to your neighbors home. Expect lots of rain. We do need it. Hunker down and hopefully it will pass quickly and the bar b q will still happen on Monday!   I don't expect damage from this storm. However,  I will do a flyover of CWW  my home with the drone after the storm has passed to keep all of you that are away for the summer informed of the situation. Peace out everyone!

Peace!

Invest90L_Tue_PM.jpg

• Sad 1

I think almost all of Florida got extensive rain, but right now Alberto's heading straight for the Panhandle. If it stays on track it'll go right up the middle of Alabama tomorrow. Ceka may not want to go horseback riding Tuesday night.  The path goes up through Illinois and Indiana and even Maddy might see some Alberto induced rain by Thursday.

Stay dry, folks! Except Maddy—she'll find some way to enjoy/experience the weather. She does that. Chick's a little batty that way. ;-)

alberto.jpg

Edited by Dillon Levenque
  • Like 2

On 5/25/2018 at 1:18 PM, Hippie Bowman said:

Sub- tropical storm Alberto has formed and is just off the Yucatan peninsula and about to head into the gulf of Mexico.  This will be a big rain maker for us here in Florida. However, please begin to make preparations now for it's arrival.  Although it is not expected to be a big wind maker,  it is better to be safe than sorry.  Remove all potential projectiles from around your property to minimize damage to your home and to your neighbors home. Expect lots of rain. We do need it. Hunker down and hopefully it will pass quickly and the bar b q will still happen on Monday!   I don't expect damage from this storm. However,  I will do a flyover of CWW  my home with the drone after the storm has passed to keep all of you that are away for the summer informed of the situation. Peace out everyone!

Peace!

Invest90L_Tue_PM.jpg

Good morning all! Happy Tuesday! Well the storm has passed. It was quite a Pussycat of a storm. All is well! Have a great day all!

Peace!

d6fa6fd00eeebce062c3098d2357b7fa.jpg

8d8af32d1fc985ddd4bb7a98c9a661d3.jpg

e2bc1f5616a39e03864695aa9fabf2a2.jpg

images (3).jpeg

• Like 4

image.png.3cba79fcf897bbb58c05dbe3fc3eec1a.png   Happy Blah day (oops I mean Wednesday!)  Here are some ways to beat the afternoon blahs!

image.png.17ec972f79bdbdc660718d99de0668b6.png Yawning actually helps us wake up by giving us a boost of oxygen when we need it most

image.png.b6de5041f145f7eeabb27d909478c813.png Take an invigorating walk with your friends

image.png.5b1787195a1b237306cb780ba0260e49.png  If all else fails drink lots of coffee!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1