say something nice... about the marketplace!

Couldbe Yue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4392 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

go on, I dare you!  let's see how many positives we can find. (I know this is probably going to be a short thread but let's give it a go)

I'll start,

I can always log into it from my phone (unlike the sl account dashboard which doesn't let me - grrr!)

and since I'm feeling rules based today, if you have to say you can't do something that someone else claims they can then you can write that but you still have to list something you can do.

now, any takers for the first reply?

Finally!!! I have been trying to sign in for ages to post this lol...

Something nice about the Market Place....well for me, last minute buys, for example, I was invited to a birthday party, dress code beach wear and I had nothing appropriate in my inventory, and little time to shop around in world...put in a search for beach wear, my price limit and bang...the most fantastic outfit came up.  So for that convenience I do like to shop there.

I also like the reviews, it has stopped me from making quite a few bad choices, especially when I am in the mood to impulse buy :)

~Ceddy~

Actually I can :D

I haven't had any issues, major or minor, in a little while.(yes I know, I'm the minority, no I'm not discounting the issues others have, this just happens to be a breath of fresh air for me after having some serious issues for a bit, lol).

Surprisingly a couple of things I added for a holiday not a lot of people around the world celebrate, are selling. I wasn't sure how effective they'd be but since their sister products for a similar holiday did extremely well this year and last I figured I'd go for it. It paid off nicely. Or well, it is paying off nicely.

Also another very obscure object I added ages ago is selling quite a few everyday. It's not expensive, not that anything I sell is, but it is quite hilarious. The funniest part is the sales go up and down in waves according to how much MP, and SL in general, is screwing up for others, hahaha.(not that I am laughing at others' misfortunes, just the fact that this item even sells at all much less the way it does)

My MB is still working wonderfully. Yes, I AM one of the idiots who hasn't migrated entirely to DD yet. I tried it, had nothing but issues, and decided MB is it for me for a bit, until they fix some of the issues that seem to only plague me with DD, lol. Unfounded fear by some standards, but, eh...it's working for me. When I find something thay actually works on MP, I go with it, until it no longer does. I think that's important, sometimes, knowing how epic the fail at MP can be, lol.

I take the good and go with "awesome" rather than "just okay" because I know what the other side looks like and it's fugly...(and it is no surprise my typo there was toke instead of take...that very well may be why I'm not nearly as miffed at some of the MP's antics as of late too..)

So all in all, my experience(s) both as a merchant and customer, as of late, have been fantastic. The only issue I did have, which was minor, I guess, is that a customer bought something and I can only presume they tried to take it apart, and didn't know how, because they claimed it had no scripts. It did, and does, they're just not in the root prim. That's not the first time that's happened in the last two weeks with the same product though, it's happened 6 times since, which tells me something fishy is going on.(but the script is full perm, on purpose, so, they're not doing a very good job of being sneaky, lol). Not really an issue, or MP related except it only sells on MP, it's just my best complaint for now :P

Something nice huh....

Well, I found rip offs of my Samurai Armor o the marketplace. I sent a DMCA to LL containing links my own Samurai Armor and kinks to the rip offs. LL decided to do just NOTHING again. Why am I surpriced? Their reply was; I didn't provide inworld locations as where to find the stolen goods...  That's right, the stolen goods COULDN'T  be found inworld. The goods can be found on the marketplace. LL own marketplace!

Whats wrong with those people!

Ami

Tari Landar wrote:

Also another very obscure object I added ages ago is selling quite a few everyday. It's not expensive, not that anything I sell is, but it is quite hilarious. The funniest part is the sales go up and down in waves according to how much MP, and SL in general, is screwing up for others, hahaha.(not that I am laughing at others' misfortunes, just the fact that this item even sells at all much less the way it does)

My MB is still working wonderfully. Yes, I AM one of the idiots who hasn't migrated entirely to DD yet. I tried it, had nothing but issues, and decided MB is it for me for a bit, until they fix some of the issues that seem to only plague me with DD, lol. Unfounded fear by some standards, but, eh...it's working for me. When I find something thay actually works on MP, I go with it, until it no longer does. I think that's important, sometimes, knowing how epic the fail at MP can be, lol.

Hi Tari :)

I've had the same experience of something obscure selling in waves as well.  Another time I find this happens is if I make some change to an item (like changing the included instruction card or even updating the photo on the MP site) - that particular item invariably sells that day!!!

Regardless of what anyone thinks, imo it is NOT being an "idiot" to still use MBs.  In my case, at present, I can't due to my PC but even if I could, I wouldn't.  "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" and my MB is still working.  I agree that the MP issues are with the MP servers, etc. and not with DD as both DD & MB users are experiencing similar issues, but as long as I have a choice, I will continue using the MB.

Something nice about the MP - although I am doing more to promote my in-world store, I am thankful that the MP is still here as I make most of my sales via the Marketplace.  I enjoy it for quick browsing and comparison shopping.

The part which pays Linden Lab commission always works flawlessly.

Before the big transition, when it was the independently operated 'SL Exchange' it had fun uncensored forum, nice sales tracking charts & worthwhile advertising system.

Can't think of anything else nice to say about it :catfrustrated:

Something new which I have to add a nice thing about marketplace. Genuinely nice thing!

Not like my last comments which were a little bit.... not so nice :catembarrassed:

I am very happy that marketplace is not embedded inside facebook and only available inside facebook.

Never thought of that before but this is suddenly relevent and HUGE upside I see to Second Life in general, including marketplace. Some of you might know what I'm talking about....

You don't have to login to facebook to get here or to get to marketplace. That is awesome! What a great thing we have here.

All the freedom we enjoy to not be spied on, tracked & forced to endure all sorts of other creepiness.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4392 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.