All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. No having a skin does not mean you have the textures. There are two ways you can go about getting a skin texture: 1) creating a skin and uploading it into Second Life yourself. 2) purchasing a full perm skin (usually a set) where you have full permissions to copy mod transfer the skin. You also have access to the skin uuids. You most likely need the uuids the most for a mod body like Ruth 2.0. But with full perm skins you should have everything you need regardless.
  3. P:ermission from the creator.
  4. Well, at all times during their business hours, right?
  5. Not my animal but I was riding through Wolfsboro today and spotted a cute little deer grazing in the undergrowth...
  6. I’ve been delving through the marketplace and visiting many of the home furnishing stores in SL and it seems like quality kitchen selection is really limited. Many of my favorite designers don’t even have them, or only have country, southern, or retro style ones.Typically with white cabinets. I wonder why this is the case, especially with all the interest in the new Linden homes. Personally I’m looking for a kitchen with darker wood cabinets. I’d like the textures to be decent and sink and stove burners to have some detail. I am not interested in “adult” animations. And I would like to find something that is around $L1000 or less...there are at least some nice quality kitchens with white cabinets in that range. And of course modular so I can fit the pieces into a Linden home. Any ideas?
  7. Again, they been doing releases daily for awhile now (except weekends). At all times.
  8. That's... Fishy. When you upload a mesh object into Second Life, you can determine how it will be rendered at a distance by reducing the object's amount of rendered triangles. If you make a plain bottle, it would on its own have no real issue being fully drawn. You can either reduce the triangle count automatically in the upload, in which case SL decides what goes and what stays, or you can make a lower-poly object to replace it. For small clutter objects, a lower poly count at a distance means that it will have less impact on your rendering performance when your camera is far away from it by making it less detailed - but it's also an issue of how many items and, more importantly, how many (and how large) textures are on them. You can change how far this distance is by changing your LOD distance in your viewer, and for a bottle which is already quite few triangles (again, unless the design is too intricate), it may be argued that there's no need for a lower-poly model at all as the object is so 'light' to begin with (although an equally strong argument can be made that 'but if I have 200 bottles in a room and I'm not looking into the room, there's no need to fully render them all' - though personally I'd shift that issue primarily to furnishing and region design; too much clutter is never good for performance and should be kept reasonable). Lower-poly models become more important with larger and more intricate objects, say a building's facade where you have a lot of detail that won't be necessary from a far vantage point, where you might just want the general structure to be drawn. L$10,000 for two bottles, at that point I'd expect them to come with a decent beverage inside.
  9. Estia Estates is offering fullsim parcel with full land rights 1875 prims at 1875L$ per week for limited amount of parcels. After 8 years on the market WE DO KNOW what you need. Hurry up and tp in our office  For more great offers visit our page : http://estia-estates.blogspot.com/ Teleport to Estia Office or Contact Destiny91 Resident, Antikratis Nirvana and VictoriaElina Resident inworld!!! 
  10. perhaps you dont realise but those third party resellers are most likely not delivering at all, and if they do it's money that's collected in a not so fresh way or even stolen. If LL doesn't protect you, me, us from that would that make you more happy? I'm guessing with paypal, skril, credit cards and the other accepted payment methods, including combinations of those ( like PP +prepaid cards) a coverage of very high numbers is reached.
  11. I took one of the Japanese houses while I was waiting for the launch of Bellisseria. I added a divider wall and a balcony bedroom.
  12. Ladies & gentlemen, please join us at Elysium tonight from 7-9pm SLT for two hours of fantastic music by DJ Haunani! Haunani has been a DJ in SL since 2016 and spins music from a variety of genres ranging from Pop to Indie and even ballroom style. Haunani will be spinning an eclectic set plus your requests! Attire: smart casual or elegant. http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Elysium/82/131/17
  13. If I recall correctly (and things may have changed since I last downgraded) - when you select to downgrade to basic from Premium, *it warns you* that you may lose some benefits immediately. Whether it specifies which those are or not is moot; you still are warned about it. You also are asked to give feedback, including the reason for your downgrade. I was warned and asked for feedback when I downgraded a year or so - I downgraded an alt I rarely use anymore so I could "transfer" it by subscribing with this alt. That process is still pretty fresh in my memory. Which is why my OC states: OP did it willingly and intentionally. As for some subscription services continuing full benefits after a "cancelation of renewal" - that's fine and fair, but this is not a cancellation of renewal, it is an outright downgrade. Words have meaning. Or, at least, they used to.
  14. The voluntary information submission form that was discussed in the Tilia Town Hall is now available. Information on the commerce blog linked above.
  15. Since there was a way early release of Sweetmarsh on Friday, then a morning release of Wolfboro today, all Patch's team was ready. They are getting faster doing it. A region delay could happen. One more region release this week is highly likely.
  16. I had two offers. One said they'd only do it for L$10,000 and the other for L$5,000 minimum. when I originally made this request, I went on the average I saw on the marketplace for mesh objects, which I calculated to about L$500/object. I was hopinging to pay about L$1000, L$1500 if I pushed my funds(so between $5-$8 USD). The second offer person made it painfully clear that no mesh commission was lower than L$5000 for a high quality item, especially one that won't "turn triangle" when zoomed out. I don't have much money IRL. I am unemployed and disabled(not on disability however because high fail rate). So when I do spend on anything frivilous like SL, it's usually not much since I can't only spare maybe about $5 USD. So since I can't pay the appropriate amount and since copyrights are an issue, I have no choice but to give up on this... It's saddening, but it is what it is...
  17. Well, there wont be much to shop if they drop like flies though Businesses arent closing all the time, how many people working on SL we had when residents could build and create without being 3d artists and how many now? Plus I just dont think that many people who make their living in SL appreciate the 5% of their income to be given in LLab fees. They dont have motive to be in SL and create. Thats what I am saying.
  18. I think I may have fussed over and edited my first post so much that I whittled out the actual question. Here is what I have: A mesh body and head (one of the free ones, "RuthToo"). A skin, which I fully understand to be a set of three textures. I can see those textures by wearing the skin and selecting edit on its inventory listing. An HUD from the makers of the body, which features illustrated buttons of several skins they have provided. Each button shows either head, upper or lower body. As per the instructions, this is the process for adding a SKIN*: "Right click on the HUD : Choose Edit : Click Edit Linked tab : Click on single button on HUD > Click Texture tab in Edit : Add Texture :" ... and that's where they stop. At this point, I understand that what I need is a TEXTURE item; specifically, I want one of the three TEXTURES that are inside the SKIN. However, I cannot find any way to access those three images as texture objects. As far as the knowledge I have goes (which is of course quite limited til yet), it doesn't seem likely that they even exist as textures -- that is, as a datatype called by colorful-checkerboard icons in viewer panels -- unless and until some kind of process is applied to the skin object. What I really need to know, then, is whether having the skin means I also "have" the textures, and if so, how can I access them? Or do I need to skip this and seek skin-patterned textures instead of shopping for skins? * the instructions also say you can "drag and drop on button" to add skins, but that... that doesn't even... I mean, you can't drag skins "onto" an HUD button, right?
  19. On Bellisseria you can have a sky structure as long as it is at 2000m or above
  20. Live Music at 1:00 p.m. SLT today! Russell Eponym at the Alurel Dance Circle. Come and join us for acoustic guitar - Folk, Blues, and Beyond! http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Alurel/122/207/24
  21. Two more regions without lettering on the Homes look ready just like Wolfboro today. Could be region release Wednesday and Friday
  22. Wisdom is the ability to recognize that there are things which one does not understand.
  23. Hi Ehawee. I hope so too. Though they did come along and close that particular ticket as a duplicate, so you won't be able to add any additional information now. If you continue having this problem, I would suggest submitting your own ticket so you can add to it as needed. You'll find a blue CREATE button at the top of the page once you are logged into the the bug tracker.
  24. Now I'm curious about those offers. In SL (as well as to a large extent, RL), price doesn't translate to quality. Making a mesh bottle or two and a texture each is a fairly quick job (unless you want a very intricate design); for SL you generally don't want the kind of mesh that comes in "100% realistic detail" since, well, we're talking clutter objects - they should have as few triangles and as low resolution texture as possible to avoid unnecessary lag. When a creator approaches you, always check their portfolio to assure yourself that their quality is up to your expectations - and as far as pricing goes, be reasonable. L$2,500 is 'roughly' a minimum wage by US standards, but to most people it's not employment but a hobby - if you want to hire a professional asset creator the hourly charge should increase, but they should also be able to work more efficiently. Also, it's a question of what your commission entails - for you to own the mesh and textures and be able to redistribute them however you see fit is one thing, for an item with M/C/NT where they keep the product to distribute themselves, is a wholly different matter. You can't, but if you flag it for deletion a moderator will get to it eventually.
  1. Load more activity