Account has to be 100 days old to enter a shop

54 minutes ago, grimmg0re said:

The issue is one of the creators with the age limit has it in their messages NOT to dm them because it will be ignored and in order to get in the group you have to pay 600 linden which is also the most expensive price I've seen to join a group 

Having a high price to join the group also discourages griefers...just a thought 🙂

8 minutes ago, grimmg0re said:

Nope, even says note cards will be ignored and deleted as well 😅

Yeah, they obviously just don't want new customers. Luckily there are enough other shops out there for you to be able to abide by their wishes.

(Extortionate group fees are normally an indicator of a large number of group gifts, rather than an attempt to deter griefers. However, there's no way of telling whether the gifts are worth it if they won't let you into the shop.)

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

The store also has a no-fly restriction so when I logged in using the SLurl for the store, I was hovering since this hasn't been fixed yet.  I was immediately sent home.  It's almost hilarious how much they don't want people to shop there.  

ETA...and this also at the Mainstore... NO blank/standard avis please
Payment info needed

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 6

23 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

The store also has a no-fly restriction so when I logged in using the SLurl for the store, I was hovering since this hasn't been fixed yet.  I was immediately sent home.  It's almost hilarious how much they don't want people to shop there.  

ETA...and this also at the Mainstore... blank/standard avis please
Payment info needed

Not sure where this is, but if I find out, I won't be shopping there.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Payment info needed

Bonus: By nobody wanting to shop there, it will be really low lag!

• Haha 4

51 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Payment info needed

wow.. the more i find out about this shop the more i dont wanna shop there anyways LOL 

this is insane 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, grimmg0re said:

wow.. the more i find out about this shop the more i dont wanna shop there anyways LOL 

this is insane 

There is also a Google doc you must fill out CORRECTLY if you should need assistance with anything.  It's not my style of clothing but sheesh.

ETA:    I'm sure if they ever see this post, I'll be banned from shopping there since they mentioned that as well.  No nasty comments on social media or get hit with the ban hammer.  🤣

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Sad 1

My word this store does not sound as if it wants any business indeed.

Maybe they have had some issues in the past and have decided it is better to drive business away rather than manage it well.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

There is also a Google doc you must fill out CORRECTLY if you should need assistance with anything.  It's not my style of clothing but sheesh.

ETA:    I'm sure if they ever see this post, I'll be banned from shopping there since they mentioned that as well.  No nasty comments on social media or get hit with the ban hammer.  🤣

WHATT no way 

how are people supposed to share their experiences / leave honest reviews if you risk getting banned anyway? 

Maybe that's also why they don't have anything on their marketplace so they can't have bad reviews 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, grimmg0re said:

The issue is one of the creators with the age limit has it in their messages NOT to dm them because it will be ignored and in order to get in the group you have to pay 600 linden which is also the most expensive price I've seen to join a group 

I also tried to look them up on the marketplace, and they only have ONE item on the actual marketplace but have a huuuge store full of stuff in world from what I saw in my 18 seconds being there before getting autobooted for my account age 

This creator and store sound exhausting. Plenty of red flags to not purchase from them. Seriously, there's likely 50 other stores that sell the same type of product and/or style of product.

The 600L group fee would indicate to me anyway that their product prices are likely overinflated as well.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, grimmg0re said:

WHATT no way 

how are people supposed to share their experiences / leave honest reviews if you risk getting banned anyway? 

Maybe that's also why they don't have anything on their marketplace so they can't have bad reviews 

Or, if there was a way to leave a review, they wouldn't be favorable.

Reminds me of a shop in world long ago that charged $L999 for the group and it said the group members were reset every 90 days and those wanting to stay have to rejoin.  Also the same shop had a sign that non-standard avatars would be banned and ARed. I got the hammer there since my avatar is black (like the RL me) but karma bit back at them as I lodged an AR on them and month later they were gone.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, grimmg0re said:

I also tried to look them up on the marketplace, and they only have ONE item on the actual marketplace but have a huuuge store full of stuff in world from what I saw in my 18 seconds being there before getting autobooted for my account age 

The side question that comes to mind is if you are barred from the entire region (private region) or just the store parcel section.  I mean cam shopping is a thing*....

--

*not that'd I'd expect you really want to given the policies as given, vis a vis customer support.

I remember a store offered a under 30-day newbie gift only to boot them out for being under 48 hours old.  If that isn't a defintion of nasty, I don't know what is.

• Like 4

I think many creators do things like this out of ignorance rather than malevolence. Setting up an age ban to prevent griefers doesn’t have a real life equivalent. There isn't any guidance on this because who can even give guidance? A store owner doesn’t have the time or patience to incrementally increase age limits and measure incidents of griefing. I used to block residents that bumped into me in welcome areas but then I decided to stop blocking and never saw any problems. Like creators setting products to no mod or splitting demos of an outfit into individual items, people just make random decisions without any serious study because why would they? 

Interesting. About 4 or 5 years ago I decided to move to a new account as my main, which is this one. I basically replicated my avi from my original account, including most of the accessories such as clothes, make-up, hair, and so forth (thankfully around Black Friday, though I did not plan it that way lol). IIRC, I did this pretty much as soon as I opened the account, I don't think it had been ripening but then again that was several years ago and I can't say for sure.

Anyhow, I don't recall running into any age restrictions anywhere I went shopping. I know in the past a few clubs and other social places I went blocked avis less than 30 days, and I got auto-booted many times, but I almost think that was in my very early days in SL.

OT, but I sometimes have wondered whether the account I use now would be considered an alt lol. Not that I really care, just 'how many angels can dance on the head of a pin sort of thing.' So, is my original account my main, and this one an alt? Or since I only use this account for any public-facing activities and only use my original account to try out various things, mostly when I am logged in with this account, is this my main and that an alt? Or perhaps those terms just do not fit with my situation? Also, tbc, I have never used my original account or this account in an attempt to fool anyone. I looked the same in both until most most current (failed) attempt in SL, in which I massively upgraded my avi and accessories. Other than body shape, now the avis in my original and current accounts look very different, esp the head.

Back to the topic of the thread, wow, I would have to be really hard-pressed to ever buy there, even when I was more than 100 days old. I am not for rewarding what I consider bad behavior. OTOH, I guess my principles are weak, because if Maitreya was that way, or the only place that sold a head I wanted, I would have tried to find a way to buy a body there no matter what. Someone upthread mentioned getting someone to front for you using the Gift approach, which I forgot was even an option. Then again, without a Demo, would I have even known that those brands were what I wanted? Maybe you can gift Demos too, I dunno. Really, though, I wonder if Maitreya and LeLutka would even have become so popular if they had such unfriendly policies?

1 minute ago, Bree Giffen said:

I think many creators do things like this out of ignorance rather than malevolence. Setting up an age ban to prevent griefers doesn’t have a real life equivalent. There isn't any guidance on this because who can even give guidance? A store owner doesn’t have the time or patience to incrementally increase age limits and measure incidents of griefing. I used to block residents that bumped into me in welcome areas but then I decided to stop blocking and never saw any problems. Like creators setting products to no mod or splitting demos of an outfit into individual items, people just make random decisions without any serious study because why would they? 

To me, and if I understand correctly, also to a lot of others in the thread, the bigger issue is the owners' hostile policies in general. I mean, they won't even read NCs??? Unless I am mistaken, it sounds like they will not communicate with customers in any way. Like, wow.

Then again, refusing to read NCs is better than not saying that but just not reading them; when I was looking for skins for my new head and updated body, I sent an NC with a question to the owner of one of the most well-known skin vendors and never heard back. I guess it worked out fine for them, though, I bought their skin and eventually worked through making it work myself (which was the theme of the whole process of updating my avi, mostly).

6 hours ago, grimmg0re said:

Nope, even says note cards will be ignored and deleted as well 😅

I never really get this far with a seller. I mean if they are not trying their best to get my money, then they don't deserve my money..

It's not our job to try and make them take it.. It's their job to entice us to just try their product..  When it starts to feel like you are working for it and then paying for their stuff..

Ya, that's when I say, Not in my world  Chip. You gotta earn me Chica.  hehehe

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Wow that is pretty extreme.

It has been years but I do remember the experience of being new, it wasn't much fun with so many places having a 30 day old restriction but I'm not sure I remember any as long as 100 days.

Truth be told I'm not sure any restriction is worth it, if someone intends on trolling your store they will just be prepared and register the accounts in advance.

Better to be active and vigilant if you can or have staff that can watch over a location. It's going to be more effective a deterrent than any account age restriction will be.

Edited by Fraser Lisle