So what changed in the Terms of Service?

8 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I will defend Luna on this one point: while it appears to be paradoxical, she is reminding us to be empathetic.

I suppose to some, the "injured party" seems like a victim, rather than someone caught with their hand in a cookie jar. Quite a different perspective. 

Being empathetic is one thing, developing empathy for an immersed spoiled psyche is another, and dismissing empathy for pedos is international law.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

I feel like when the screenshot of the disembodied limbs is sent in, LL will suspect that derendering may have been involved.

I still don't know how these hypothetical pervs have the power to see though alphas and BOM layers to verify that I don't have the mystical modesty layer, especially since nobody yet knows what said modesty layer is supposed to look like. They're seriously going to complain to LL that because they can't see ANYTHING beneath my clothes I am in violation of ToS? Because I don't think Governance are going to take that as seriously as everyone seems to think.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Vivienne Schell said:

Being empathetic is one thing, developing empathy for an immersed spoiled psyche is another, and dismissing empathy for pedos is international law.

True dat. I was just practicing being nice, it took a lot of effort.

I've been a victim of the pervs twice in my 6 years in SL and it's something I will never ever forget. For context my avatar is a 9 year old boy. Both times I was fully clothed/ alphas and all and in a public shoping place. Once on a G sim and the other on a M sim. You want to know how it actually happens? They jump in your IM and start talking suggestively to you. It's absolutely sick. I still feel like throwing up even thinking about it now. I AR'ed them both instantly and thankfully never saw them again, but that's how it happens. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 4

Just now, Arielle Popstar said:

And my point is that I can be ar'ed for appearing under 18 when it wasn't my intention to be. Many of those creators you listed above I won't use because their products would give my avatar an even greater risk of appearing underage.

This is why we can't ever get a definition of what counts as a child.

It's entirely subjective and beholden to personal and cultural bias.

Perceptions of age are also drift with age and time spent around younger adults. Half the old farts in this thread would mistake a 25yo for a 19, and an 18 for 14.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Madi Melodious said:

My new size is 5' 4".    This puts me in the mid range of your average 19 to 20 year old adult person in RL.   Is this tal enough to make you child haters happy?

I thought a huge percentage of RL women are 5'0" and shorter. I think most people aren't too concerned about height, although sim owners can do what they please.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

I've got very little empathy for anyone complaining about having to wear virtual undies and villainizing a company that seems to finally be taking significant  steps to solve a pedophile problem in their platform.

Let me break out the tiniest violin for them. 

Except it doesn't do a darn thing to solve the pedophile problem. Thinking it will, is a delusion.

3 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:

My new size is 5' 4".    This puts me in the mid range of your average 19 to 20 year old adult person in RL.   Is this tal enough to make you child haters happy?

height doesn't have anything to do with it, but that is around average height in the U.S. for adult American women, you should be fine.

11 minutes ago, Vivienne Schell said:

Don´t you think that some pedos derendered your attachments before the rule changes?

Theresa Tennyson whispers, "With boys, that isn't as effective as you seem to think."

3 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:

You know, you are adult. Hopefully. If you are, why should anyone hate you? And why should everyone disliking child avatars in Second Life for various reasons be a child hater? Please explain.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Growth of breasts is a hormonal thing, so the onset of puberty controls that unless someone is getting a boob job later in life. The other situation controlling breast size is weight gain, which isn't necessarily age related. 

Most females will start puberty when they're 8 to 13 years old.  *sourced from google

?

Edited by Wincil

2 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Except it doesn't do a darn thing to solve the pedophile problem. Thinking it will, is a delusion.

Obviously its a big turn off if someone joins sl expressly for the purpose of naked kid avatars, and there's no naked kid avatars. Will it solve the problem completely? Probably not. But you have to start somewhere.

• Like 5

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

Puberty is a Hormonal thing, in both Male and Female.

Well Some people wouldn't hit Puberty until they are 13

Edited by Wincil

6 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:

You can still play a child avatar under the new rules, I don't see why you would need to change your height. And if you have the overall appearance of a child, but are just a bit taller, it would not save you from the restrictions if you broke them. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:

Hahahaha.

2 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

The funniest nonsense is claiming a child like avatar isn't child like if it 5'4" tall, as if there were some "official adult height" which there isn't.

And that ladies and gentlemen of the jury concludes the cae for the Prosecution...

The Defendant has convicted themselves!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

LL's new TOS requires something that doesn't currently exist and may never exist effectively banning child avatars. 

I took a day-long break from this thread, so haven't read all the intervening pages.  But ..."May never exist"?  What makes you think that?  LL clearly does not intend to ban child avatars.  Maybe take a deep breath or 3?  You seem to be working yourself up into a bit of hysteria - and I doubt that you're the only one doing so.

I don't see what is so hard about skin and/or mesh body makers putting out a version with underwear baked on, and I assume LL will be working with creators to be more specific about what sort of undies are required.   In the unlikely event that creators flat out refuse to do so, LL will have to change the policy or (more likely!), give them money or perqs to persuade them to play ball.

And yes, there will be a spike in ARs when the requirement goes into effect, but governance deals with new policies not by banning avatars who infringe, but by sending them a warning email explaining that there is a new policy, with links to wiki articles.  I don't see why they wouldn't do the same for this new policy.  Especially as most residents may have no idea this change is taking place.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Obviously its a big turn off if someone joins sl expressly for the purpose of naked kid avatars, and there's no naked kid avatars. Will it solve the problem completely? Probably not. But you have to start somewhere.

This obsession is concerning, are the naked kid avatars in the thread with us now?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Stephanie Misfit said:

You can still play a child avatar under the new rules, I don't see why you would need to change your height. And if you have the overall appearance of a child, but are just a bit taller, it would not save you from the restrictions if you broke them. 

It's probably because of what a few people have said towards them and the feeling that it gave them. She probably felt targeted by them, hated, belittled, made to feel guilty.

Some people were calling them pedophiles, some were saying "Can I burn them before I ban them?" it's no wonder why it would scare someone and feel hated

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nika Talaj said:

And yes, there will be a spike in ARs when the requirement goes into effect, but governance deals with new policies not by banning avatars who infringe, but by sending them a warning email explaining that there is a new policy, with links to wiki articles.  I don't see why they wouldn't do the same for this new policy.  Especially as most residents may have no idea this change is taking place.

Where did you get this from? I'd be interested to see official verification of that statement.

• Like 1