So what changed in the Terms of Service?

5 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Of course you have to be able to remove it.

While a child avatar, you have to be able to pick a different skin .. that will also have a modesty layer cooked onto it.

Nothing. The same nothing that stops someone from wearing an entirely different avatar.

The case they wish to prevent is skins and separate modesty layers.

Those risk being forgotten or removed accidentally.

The tiny minority of actual bad apples who don't care, wont care and aren't paying attention to the rules anyway. This rule isn't for them.

Dirty old man.... "omg all child avatars will have modesty layers now, I won't be able to engage in my "interest" with them any more".

riiiiiiight 😂

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

My point is, at the moment there isn't an option to be legal. It's not choosing to break the rules or not, at the moment there is no option to follow the rules. By default, all child avatars break the rules. The modesty layer cannot be removable. How do you achieve that?

You have almost two months before you need to take action on the modesty layer part. I'd suggest looking to the maker of your body/skin for now and if they aren't around anymore focus on finding a new active creator. Join those groups and see what is going to be done there. There will be new items made.   I feel bad for you on this.

If time is getting short you might have to change into an alternate avatar for a little while. It's all doable.

• Like 6

First they came for the kiddie avatars, but because I am not a kiddie, I did nothing.

Next they came for the Nekos, but because I am not a Ne . . .

OMG, wait! I DO HAVE A NEKO OUTFIT!!!

😮

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

First they came for the kiddie avatars, but because I am not a kiddie, I did nothing.

😮

Don't forget the bunnies 😁

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

😮

You actually draw a line from LL to the Nazis? /me coughs.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

My avatar literally has big breasts and a butt and has wide hips btw A child does not have that usually they don't.

Edited by Wincil
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Vivienne Schell said:

Knowing Scylla, I detected what I suspect was sarcasm in her post.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Wow.

This really just isn't that complicated . . .

There is sufficient uncertainly and anxiety that it's hard to feel safe in SL as a child avatar on a good day. This is not a good day. There are new rules, they are vague in areas of compliance. The news is spreading very slowly and everyone is afraid for their ability to continue participating in SL.

No one I know with a child avatar is doing ok today. Not a single one.

I think you're missing  that those who play a child avatar often have more demanding emotional needs.

This is exceptionally complicated and involved.

They can't even work the problem as they have no idea what the mandatory modesty layer might need to look like.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

You look like a child.

Change my mind.

1. I don't have to. Do feel free to file a fraudulent Abuse Report when you see my avatar on an A rated parcel, for being "child like", I'll let LL's Governance b*tch slap you for filing false AR's.

2. To change your mind I would need to find it first, and I left my Electron Microscope in the pocket of my other jacket. Sorry.

Yeah, I know I come across as cold and uncaring, that's because I am.

HornedandBlue.thumb.jpg.2486b1579c565447212c8116b2a03c17.jpg

Edited by Zalificent Corvinus
  • Like 4

I find the use of "femboys" confusing, in RL it most often means "legal age, young looking, effeminate". Like "twink" is "legal age" and "young looking".

I realize things get exaggerated and taken to extremes in Second Life, so it's not a "conspiracy" or anything.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

I doubt that the kawaii, femboy and even anime avatars will be affected by Linden Labs.

And what do you base that on? There have been reports of femboys being banned and one club I visit on occasion, quite a few less then normal.

Posted (edited)

I wouldn't be surprised if some forward thinking creator came out with a kind of rapid solution for this.  The modest layer part...  Perhaps even a freebie with more to come.  Could land them some sales in the future.

Edited by Chery Amore
clarity
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

I'm not sure I understand why people who represent as children should be jumping ship, to be honest?

There is a nearly 2 month grace period here. There are lots of people making content for children's avatars -- I am sure there will be new compliant skins available for most relatively current bodies soon. I get that some are using very old bodies, but . . . well, I used to use mainly a Slink body, and had to switch over as it was abandoned by creators. It happens. You adapt.

Yeah, kid avatars won't be able to go to adult rated areas anymore. I'm not sure why this is a hardship, really? I haven't heard a really cogent and rational explanation for this. If the store you want to shop in is Adult, then use an adult body, and bring home a demo. Like most of us do?

And as for the "my child avatar can't be naked anymore" thing . . . yeesh.

Try saying this aloud, and ask yourself how it sounds:

"I am upset because my 10 year old boy/girl can't run around naked on a beach full of naked adults."

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Typo
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

😮

Nekos should be fine if they look old enough. I can't imagine you looking young. Wait, I meant..you know.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Vivienne Schell said:

Only facetiously, Vivienne. My point is precisely that this is NOT like that.

And you're late -- I already made this same point to someone else much earlier in this thread.

16 minutes ago, Wincil said:

Not every adult region has that restriction.

Reading is fundamental.

What I actually said was...

21 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Every single adult region I go to has a restriction against anime type avatars so I'd say a majority of people see them as children.  Whether YOU see.them as such is really irrelevant.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Coffee Pancake said:

No one I know with a child avatar is doing ok today. Not a single one.

I know the feeling, I use to get drowned by rolling restarts each tuesday. Pure emotional stress. Unbelievable pain. Uncertainity. When will it happen? Were will it happen? How? OMG!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Try saying this aloud, and ask yourself how it sounds:

"I am upset because my 10 year old boy/girl can't run around naked on a beach full of naked adults."

"Sorry, daddy. We can't date any more."

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Nekos should be fine if they look old enough. I can't imagine you looking young. Wait, I meant..you know.

Of course a Neko will be fine.

So will 90% of anime or Manga avatars.

This is an irrational panic.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1