So what changed in the Terms of Service?

14 minutes ago, Vivienne Schell said:

In RL one cannot zoom into someone´s bedroom. From miles away. Also, in RL quite a lot of creeps doing the same creepy things they do in SL would be banned from RL by some judge. Especially in regards to creepy child things.

haha banned from real life.  "Banned from Real Life, Banned from Fiction. banned from augmented reality, banned from VR." Nowhere to go, are they even alive at that point? lol

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Starberry Passion said:

Or they use an adult head and think it looks like a child, but it doesn't look like it but it's on a child avatar body, For example.

3c340129ad552eb82b8ed2c58f5a6bcc(1).png.9c6ad4d5155436c66695654b0c75676e.png

The face look like some 20 year old woman's face but it's on a child's body.

That does not look like a 20 year old's face. For comparison, here are pictures of some real 10 year old girls.

image.png.5c2a45c3b3e4fef367c0fd07bb8e4b2f.png

image.png.8839654a94826d18dd30e5bc05843d10.png

image.png.5a45bf1a1936aa5c99194922dee4af18.png

image.thumb.png.9a030a4335ee03b7bd9c8bc605999179.png

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Leslie Trihey said:

The problem is anyone can decide that you look "underage" and decide to ruin your day for a number of factors. From clothing, to make up, to heads, to avatar shape can effect this. I put on a goth dommy outfit and makeup one moment, then I go for kawaii aesthetic the next and all the sudden I look "underage" 

Again, you're wishing it wasn't easy to distinguish between adults and children and that's not the case. 

And as for someone not liking your outfit, anyone can ban me from a sim for having an ugly avi or a female avi. If you want to go somewhere you have to comply with the requirements of the sim owner. That's still the same as ever.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Leslie Trihey said:

The problem is anyone can decide that you look "underage" and decide to ruin your day for a number of factors.

The reality is that's only gonna work on avis that look, you know, underage. Yeah I'm short. I'm petite. But if anyone ARs me for being a kid avi, & attaches a snapshot, they're just gonna get laughed at.

• Like 4

Just now, Persephone Emerald said:

That does not look like a 20 year old's face. For comparison, here are pictures of some real 10 year old girls.

These kids look like kids, that face looks like an adult face that I posted.

• Confused 2

38 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I expect the entire "modesty layer" aspect will be dealt with that way.

Only if a child avatar is "naked" in public and reported will anything be done.  

Otherwise, nobody probably cares if a child avatar does / does not actually have a modesty layer.  Just don't be naked.

That's not totally correct from different reports where child avatars were fully clothed, not indulging in adult behavior but only stood too close to an adult sofa, looking too young in a Adult club according to a reporter etc. One does not have to be naked or indulging in adult behaviour to get banned.

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

That's not totally correct from different reports where child avatars were fully clothed, not indulging in adult behavior but only stood too close to an adult sofa, looking too young in a Adult club

Yeah but what were child avis even doing in an adult club?

• Like 4

Just now, Monika Skydancer said:

I totally agree with this sentiment. The problem is before the TOS change it was debatable, now there is no debate. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Monika Skydancer said:

Because they were allowed to be up to now and others of their kind were meeting there. That is those who are considered as late teen and early 20's

32 minutes ago, Daniel Regenbogen said:

Adult rating simply means that adult activities are allowed - not that they actually take place all or even most of the time (except really sex related areas). And once more: there are many adult rated regions that have nothing adult on them - owners just want to be on the safe side (a reaction to another witch hunt years ago). And I explained about the store topic already, but for you I will do it again. If I for example want to check out totally-non-adult furniture or animations, that are sold in totally different corner of a region that is rated adult because in some area there *is* adult stuff available, I can't do that. If I want to buy for example a teen bedroom for *my* avatar, I want to check it out with *my* avatar to see if it actually works the way I like it.

You got it! You can't enter an Adult-rated region with a child avatar. Change avatars. Fixed. The rule seems plain enough to me, but here it is again ...

"Residents presenting as Child Avatars shall be prohibited from ... (e)ntering any Region rated Adult. Residents must change to a non-child or non-childlike avatar to visit Adult rated regions."

Change to a dragon, mouse, adult female, furry, whatever and have at it.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

That's not totally correct from different reports where child avatars were fully clothed, not indulging in adult behavior but only stood too close to an adult sofa, looking too young in a Adult club according to a reporter etc. One does not have to be naked or indulging in adult behaviour to get banned.

I left out the part where I assume the Child avatar is in an area they are allowed to be in, yes. I was only referring to clothing / lack thereof.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Leslie Trihey said:

The problem is anyone can decide that you look "underage" and decide to ruin your day for a number of factors. From clothing, to make up, to heads, to avatar shape can effect this. I put on a goth dommy outfit and makeup one moment, then I go for kawaii aesthetic the next and all the sudden I look "underage" because of a blush layer that makes my cheeks look bigger and make up that accentuates my eyes. 

People say "Oh I can spot *insert type here* a mile away", to which I say: sure if they are blatantly a child avatar. But we all know this is a can of worms.

The the thing is, Someone can make a report for that, but it still has to pass the litmus test that LL uses for it to stick..

That's based  on much more than just looks.

I couldn't imagine how many reports they get from those that just shoot from the hip  but never land on target.. hehehe

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Starberry Passion said:

These kids look like kids, that face looks like an adult face that I posted.

That face looks childish, and even if one´s view is distorted enough to recognise it as being "adult", it appears to be childish in combination with the child avatar. Come on....seriously.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

You got it! You can't enter an Adult-rated region with a child avatar. Change avatars. Fixed. The rule seems plain enough to me, but here it is again ...

"Residents presenting as Child Avatars shall be prohibited from ... (e)ntering any Region rated Adult. Residents must change to a non-child or non-childlike avatar to visit Adult rated regions."

Change to a dragon, mouse, adult female, furry, whatever and have at it.

Ok Katherine, I realize you're not listening but i'll point out that for some to change their look is tantamount to you changing the medium of your artwork. Probably not something you'd like to do but do expect that others can change their artwork(looks) because someone says so.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Drayke Newall said:

The policies would not have changed because of just public child avatars being naked but also to stop what goes on in private of which was the main issue that article was about that caused the review of policies.

As you said (and I have said earlier) it is pointless to create a rule that is so easy to break and cannot be enforced. The problem is that the rule demanding that all child avies have a baked on modesty layer is just that, a rule that is easy to break and cannot be enforced in its current form.

The only way it can be enforced in some feasible manner and not easy to break is to make it so that any child mesh body is not BoM. It is the only way it can be to have that rule stay. By doing that it would reduce the amount of IR's as then you are making it harder for them to abuse the rule in both a private and public place.

You will never be able to completely enforce it as people could just use adult body's shrunk to suit. That just wont happen however, at least LL can tackle the bodies that are made specifically for child rp.

The only way I can see it happening if I understand right and that the body it's self, not the skin, needs the non removable layer, is to have some kind of non bom underwear over the BoM body and to move the body to no mod. So any BoM skin would render under the underwear. I don't see how you can make it non removable and the body still able to be BoM any other way.

1 hour ago, Daniel Regenbogen said:

Do you put modesty patches on RL kids, too? Hm. Mormon underwear? But I think even Mormons take off their kids's clothes in the appropriate situations.

This isn't real life though, of course in real life those things are fine, but SL is a whole different ballgame just due to anonymity alone.

46 minutes ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Children have distinct facial features and body shapes and as humans we can easily spot a juvenile. This is not new science. But there will always be people in sl who insist its aabsolutely to impossible to recognize those features in sl. For "reasons"

In RL at age 19 I was often told by others I looked 15, in my late 20's I got told I looked 19, even now at almost 38 people tell me I look younger. If people can't even tell in real life, good luck doing it is SL with any avatar over 13.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I went around for the longest time  with people thinking I was my husbands daughter..

We even got into it one time with a cashier, because she said I was too young to be with him.. Boy did I light her up quick.

Heck I was older than she was.. I just didn't look it.. hehehe

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

Again, you're wishing it wasn't easy to distinguish between adults and children and that's not the case. 

And as for someone not liking your outfit, anyone can ban me from a sim for having an ugly avi or a female avi. If you want to go somewhere you have to comply with the requirements of the sim owner. That's still the same as ever.

No your just just misinterpreting what I'm typing (not to mention half accusing me of being a child av myself). Yes you can easily distinguish a child from an adult. However a lot of people that will be effected by this new moral panic will be adult AVs.

• Like 2