So what changed in the Terms of Service?

1 minute ago, Cristiano Midnight said:

Elaborate on what you mean - that seems rather extreme.

I have a very expensive body for SL, AVIL.  The skins are very expensive as are the cloths.  I've had the body for over 6 years.  The creator left SL last year and didn't share any way to update the body.   I spend close to 100 USD on the body alone.  And as I've said in other posts, I can comply with the spirt but not the letter.  I'm perfectly happy to comply with the spirit if that would be allowed.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Fraser Lisle said:

Would you say it's therefore basically impossible to present successfully (as in free of any risk) as an eighteen year old avi?

Just based on what you have said, I think I agree. There's nothing we can use to define seventeen Vs eighteen so here we have an adult avi that is highly likely to be victim of rules that are not supposed to apply to them.

I look like I could be 18, but so what? I'm short, but buxom.

And I always play my real age... 39

Haters gonna hate right?

1 minute ago, Cristiano Midnight said:

If it is alpha ed out altogether, why would it be an issue?

Well they would be more than alpha'ed out.  They would be gone, and I'm wondering why it would be a issue.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Madi Melodious said:

I have a very expensive body for SL, AVIL.  The skins are very expensive as are the cloths.  I've had the body for over 6 years.  The creator left SL last year and didn't share any way to update the body.   I spend close to 100 USD on the body alone.  And as I've said in other posts, I can comply with the spirt but not the letter.  I'm perfectly happy to comply with the spirit if that would be allowed.

You still did not explain - what part can you not meet the letter of?

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Sounds like they will at least be restricted to bodies that have the enforced modesty layer.  So maybe Maitreya and others put out 2 versions of the body, one with the layer and one without.  

Avatars are not and will never be required to use mesh bodies. People made child avatars before there were mesh bodies. They can still do so, even though doing so looks pretty crappy. This is why modesty is defined by the Skin, and not by the body.

Edited by Persephone Emerald

2 minutes ago, Cristiano Midnight said:

You still did not explain - what part can you not meet the letter of?

• Being fully nude. Child avatar content creators are required to add a modesty layer which is baked into child avatar skins or bodies, is not transparent, does not match the skin tone, and may not be removed.

This part Cris.    That modesty layer requirement. 

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Sounds like they will at least be restricted to bodies that have the enforced modesty layer.  So maybe Maitreya and others put out 2 versions of the body, one with the layer and one without.  

They would be restricted to skins made.for a.body but not the body itself.  If velour decides it would be profitable, they could make a child/tween/teen version of.their skin for Maitreya with the modesty layer.

• Like 4

How do you define a child avatar?

A: We are relying on the community to use their best judgment to determine if they are using a child avatar or not. Creating a list of specifications for something like this can be a slippery slope, and we certainly don’t want to give out directions on how to circumvent any policies. If a reasonable person would look at the features of your avatar and consider it underage, we would recommend not engaging in adult activities on that account. Apart from considering the avatar's appearance, the team considers various other factors, such as the purpose for which the avatar is being used.

This is not sufficient.

Please define where the line is. One reasonable person is another's raving lunatic.

The punishment for not knowing where governance draw the line is an all accounts perma ban.

This is worse than secret ratings for marketplace words. If someone gets that wrong they don't lose everything.

Are babyfurs and furry cubs child avatars ? They are not "children".

Are anime avatars automatically children?

Are anime avatars in sailor fuku automatically children?

How does this affect the ABDL community? (who are, by definition, adults)

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The child avatar can wear the training bra without a top over it.  The training bra is not showing the breasts nor emphasizing the breasts/nipples, thus no violation of the rules -- at least IMO.

Would you allow your female child to go outside wearing only a training bra? "outside" meaning around other people.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Lettie Linden said:

In the middle of the ToS screen is today's date - close to the changes that were made

image.png.a30b4f258a421ffe2201547b88f61b65.png

But, but, but..... in order to see that, we have to actually scroll slowly and really read it.  Heaven forbid.    🤣

:SwingingFriends:

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:
  • Being fully nude. Child avatar content creators are required to add a modesty layer which is baked into child avatar skins or bodies, is not transparent, does not match the skin tone, and may not be removed.

This part Cris.    That modesty layer requirement. 

It is unclear if that applies to existing content or future sales (and is directed at creators), but I would imagine that given the fact that your body is alphaed, it would not be an issue.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I'm not wearing applier skins - on an adult or a child avatar.

I got the impression that the body might need a modesty layer if it supplies skins to be applied via the HUD (if the body could be used as a child/teen avatar).  Additionally, skin makers will need to add a modesty layer version for any skin that can be worn for a child/teen avatar.

ETA:  Then again, I guess it would actually be the skins that are supplied to be applied that would contain the modesty layer.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

Just now, Cristiano Midnight said:

It is unclear if that applies to existing content or future sales (and is directed at creators), but I would imagine that given the fact that your body is alphaed, it would not be an issue.

There is a faq out there tha makes it clear that it applies to all content,  past, present and future.   Basically, in one move this renders years worth of content as worthless.  An it really doesn't make sense as you say as applied alphas will solve the problem in almost every case.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Starberry Passion said:

It's a bom bra, she can wear stuff over it..

And if she's wearing stuff over it, why does it need to be a "training bra," as it won't be visible anyway?

If she's not, why is she wandering around in public in underwear?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

I got the impression that the body might need a modesty layer if it supplies skins to be applied via the HUD (if the body could be used as a child/teen avatar).  Additionally, skin makers will need to add a modesty layer version for any skin that can be worn for a child/teen avatar.

But what happens if a child avatar starts wearing adult skins?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Madi Melodious said:

There is a faq out there tha makes it clear that it applies to all content,  past, present and future.   Basically, in one move this renders years worth of content as worthless.  An it really doesn't make sense as you say as applied alphas will solve the problem in almost every case.

Maybe clarification can be given on this issue. Also, unless you are running around naked, how would one even know if the modesty layer was there or not?

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, this is very dramatic!

Do you really think that rules restricting some aspects of kiddie RP and representation is quite in the same category as warnings about the rise of fascism, though?

Strikes me as the same spirit of authoritarianism we saw in the restriction of social justice issues and other discussions other then SL. For any changes of policy, who did the Lindens actually listen to other then themselves while they make noise about listening to the community? They only listen to the community to see how much drama they have triggered with their new rulings and how they can downplay it. Strikes me as the same slippery slope they are usually on.

• Like 2

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

And if she's wearing stuff over it, why does it need to be a "training bra," as it won't be visible anyway?

If she's not, why is she wandering around in public in underwear?

who would be letting kids run around, in public in underwear in the first place?

If someone is rping a child, coming of age and rping growing up, I would think they would want to experience a training bra, it's not sexual, it's not dangerous, they can wear stuff over it and it's not lingerie or a regular bra.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Would you allow your female child to go outside wearing only a training bra? "outside" meaning around other people.

Depends on her age and where she is going.  These days, a "training bra" is nothing more than a cropped workout top.

In reality, it doesn't matter.  As someone else already pointed out:  RL doesn't really apply here.  It is all about what LL decides is allowed in SL.  If they think that said training bra emphasizes the breasts, then it won't be allowed without a cover up top over it.  Otherwise, the child in SL can wear it.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Madi Melodious said:

I don't understand.  AVI(L) bodies are mesh, and all the clothes I see on marketplace for it are mesh.  Many are old fitmesh clothes.  So, if you bought a new body, particularly one with a good alpha hud, wouldn't most of your mesh clothes work with it?  I get that you don't WANT to change bodies, but ... couldn't doing so work? 

Or were AVI(L) bodies and clothes rigged very oddly?