Thunes to acquire payments platform Tilia LLC

2 hours ago, JacksonBollock said:

I’m just an interloper here, but I feel a little sad when I read some your posts which communicate a certain fatalism and powerlessness in how the future of SL might be shaped.

first... adjusted colors, not using the standard setting here, makes your post nearly totally unreadable in Dark Mode.. for short post already a bad experience, for long as these, a real nuisance, so please keep to original...

there is no fatalism at all, it's called realism, because your second term powerlessness IS the thing. We are ónly users of the system what we call Second Life, wé develop nóthing, we dón't sell Tilia, we dídn't sell Sansar, we dídn't kill MP's that existed before, and we don't choose the route for SL, we didn't make weird turns that scared off thousends of users  ........ that all is and was LL, the ones making SL, maintain, and run it, and take the profit on everything.
What residents do is using that product. And make content for it to use ón it.
We áre nót Second Life, we use it.
We only can have a little hope, and hope that hope isn't wrong, that the new try for roundtable meetings finally makes a real bridge between LL and the residents.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

"Thunes" sounds like one of those "Old Gods" that are no longer worshipped.  And now, old Thunes is waving L$, trying to get worshippers and relevance in our Internet Age!

I hope they sell "Thunes" merchandise and T-Shirts.

Based on the reviews they get for their service these days, I doubt any "merch" you ordered with your crypto wallet would actually arrive.

Tustpilot has the review results as:

5 Star, 44%

3 Star, 11 %

1 Star, 45%

The bad reviews seems to be more recent.

41 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

"Thunes" sounds like one of those "Old Gods" that are no longer worshipped.  And now, old Thunes is waving L$, trying to get worshippers and relevance in our Internet Age!

I hope they sell "Thunes" merchandise and T-Shirts.

That would be the only way they would touch any $L's.. hehehe

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

Wow, our forums have gathered a lot of value over the years, if we all start to count the hours invested..

Oh, oh. Maybe LL is going to start charging us for using the forums? They gotta pay the Moderator Moles for babysitting us after all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Oh, oh. Maybe LL is going to start charging us for using the forums? They gotta pay the Moderator Moles for babysitting us after all.

Or, set a maximum # posts per day!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

announcing the sale because it's to expensive to keep, dóes go at that direction....

Not necessarily, as far as I see it Tilia was operating at a loss, just like Sansar probably was.  It is another venture taken by Linden Lab that did not work out well.  I imagine the revenue generated by Second Life is the only thing that keeps Tilia going at this point, and it only made sense for LL to cut their losses.  

This is probably a good thing for Second Life, it means less of a drain to support a service that did not achieve the success that LL had wanted it to.

The worse case scenario that I can imagine out of this deal, is that Tilia/Thunes decides to drop SL for some reason or another, after the five years.  Then LL will have to find other means for us to make payments.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Or, set a maximum # posts per day!

They could charge us per post, I can see it now.

Premium Plus: Unlimited.

Premium: 10L per post.

Plus: 50L per post

Other: 200L per post

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

...there is no fatalism at all, it's called realism, because your second term powerlessness IS the thing. We are ónly users of the system what we call Second Life, wé develop nóthing, we dón't sell Tilia, we dídn't sell Sansar, we dídn't kill MP's that existed before, and we don't choose the route for SL, we didn't make weird turns that scared off thousends of users  ........ that all is and was LL, the ones making SL, maintain, and run it, and take the profit on everything.
What residents do is using that product. And make content for it to use ón it.
We áre nót Second Life, we use it.
We only can have a little hope, and hope that hope isn't wrong, that the new try for roundtable meetings finally makes a real bridge between LL and the residents.

^ This ^

How positive or negative our posts sound on this forum has virtually no impact on how Linden Lab chooses to run its business. They know that most of us (who are only a miniscule fraction of SL's users) are by and large so addicted to SL that we will never stop using this platform until LL actually pulls the plug on it. We may voice concerns that reflect the overall views of SL users, but some of us are also entrenched in our own little conspiracy theories and quixotic campaigns that don't reflect the views of the average SL user. (The moderators know who are the outliers on the forums, as well as who constantly stirrs up conflict or too easily takes the bait.)

Aside from helping newbies with questions or the more technical subforums, I view these forums as kind of like a big inworld group that likes to chat, although with long posts and not having to deal with all the other issues of being inworld.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
Spelling
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

How positive or negative our posts sound on this forum has virtually no impact on how Linden Lab chooses to run its business. They know that most of us (who are only a miniscule fraction of SL's users) are by and large so addicted to SL that we will never stop using this platform until LL actually pulls the plug on it. We may voice concerns that reflect the overall views of SL users, but some of us are also entrenched in our own little conspiracy theories and quixotic campaigns that don't reflect the views of the average SL user. (The moderators know who are the outliers on the forums, as well as who constantly stirrs up conflict or too easily takes the bate.)

Aside from helping newbies with questions or the more technical subforums, I view these forums as kind of like a big inworld group that likes to chat, although with long posts and not having to deal with all the other issues of being inworld.

This post should be pinned and pop up every time you log on to the forums. It describes it honestly and not in a harsh, too negative way. LOL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Istelathis said:

do we get a refund when the mods remove a post?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Istelathis said:

Why? Isn't that counterintuitive to having a forum? This is a space where we can freely speak, albeit within the rules of LL. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

Why? Isn't that counterintuitive to having a forum? This is a space where we can freely speak, albeit within the rules of LL. 

To add to that, why would you want a posting tax? I mean I already live in a country, where we are taxed out of the wazoos. Again. why would you want to tax speech in a fourm? 

3 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

How positive or negative our posts sound on this forum has virtually no impact on how Linden Lab chooses to run its business.

Except - surprisingly - in the case of this thread, LL paid enough attention to make the LG video and address concerns that came up..!

• Like 1

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

Except - surprisingly - in the case of this thread, LL paid enough attention to make the LG video and address concerns that came up..!

I think they considered this both an important and a safe topic for them to essentially "discuss" with us. They could reasonably assume we'd freak out about it, if they didn't address some of our concerns.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I think they considered this both an important and a safe topic for them to essentially "discuss" with us. They could reasonably assume we'd freak out about it, if they didn't address some of our concerns.

Interesting to me, is that the main concerns they addressed (which we discussed and either soothed us or not, and "we" believed or didn't): "why", and "is it good news".

• Like 1