Forum Banned Word List

2 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I think LL should post a list of words that are banned from use in the forum.

They can create a brand new Wiki page, and update it every time someone says a new offensive word they didn't think of

Are you in a hurry to run out of words?

hehehe

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

If you can't say it on the Radio in the US, it's probably not an allowed word.

Ironically, it's more permissive than some platforms which require users to get creative and say things like "unalived" instead of "killed", etc.

I bet that if you try hard enough, you can get chastened for using words that are otherwise OK, but because you are off-topic, or use them in the "General" Forum. 

• Like 1

While I think having a list of banned words on the wiki isn't likely, what I'd really like to have is some kind of indicator while we're writing up the post. Something like we get now when a word is misspelled would be great. I really dislike getting a notification that the post has to be reviewed before posting AFTER we've hit the 'submit reply' button.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Ok, @Linden Lab may ban me for this, but I actually do have the complete list.

Here it is:

• [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]
  • [CENSORED]

Please be kind. :( 

• Like 1
  • Haha 17

That would just encourage people to purposefully come up with creative spellings of those same words and then use them in moments when they otherwise would not have.

You can guess the obvious terms. Hate speech, foul words, misinformation terms, etc.

Less likely but possibly wise would be things that would either likely stir up fights (It'd be smart to ban the personal names of major politicians / world leaders / political parties during major world events / elections), or get LL in legal hot water with competing companies.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

That would just encourage people to purposefully come up with creative spellings of those same words and then use them in moments when they otherwise would not have.

You can guess the obvious terms. Hate speech, foul words, misinformation terms, etc.

Less likely but possibly wise would be things that would either likely stir up fights (It'd be smart to ban the personal names of major politicians / world leaders / political parties during major world events / elections), or get LL in legal hot water with competing companies.

perhaps we should just have a list of allowed words, I suggest only the words found in the “[censored] and Jane” series of early childhood readers. 😬

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

You can say dick.  It's the actual.name for it you can't use.  ***** and ***** are a no no.  

What if im raising chickens in my back yard? can i use the other word for rooster?

I’m pretty sure we can’t use the common name for the mushroom called Phallus impudicus

Edited by BilliJo Aldrin
added stuff
  • Haha 1

Is Megapuss banned?  just checking here.

***** used to get the ****** here, but since it's ok for Lindens to use it in their public blogs, maybe its been approved now.

Or possibly they shut down the bad words list when the blogs shut down for 10 mins earlier today.

Nope, it is still a banned word - only Lindens and Moles can use that word here.  

Edited by Jaylinbridges

7 hours ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

I think LL should post a list of words that are banned from use in the forum.

They can create a brand new Wiki page, and update it every time someone says a new offensive word they didn't think of

TBF,  you are smart enough to know that the word you used is a no-no word. You are smart right? Is creating a thread about banned words after you got your hand slapped a way to say up yours?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

While I think having a list of banned words on the wiki isn't likely, what I'd really like to have is some kind of indicator while we're writing up the post. Something like we get now when a word is misspelled would be great. I really dislike getting a notification that the post has to be reviewed before posting AFTER we've hit the 'submit reply' button.

I know....this huge pink box comes up surrounding your post...first one made me think my graphics card was on it's way out or that I'd committed the unpardonable sin...

4 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

Just copy your post into a new post without the banned word and repost it. It will go through then.

33 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

TBF,  you are smart enough to know that the word you used is a no-no word. You are smart right? Is creating a thread about banned words after you got your hand slapped a way to say up yours?

No, I'm serious, there should be a list of banned words. I had a post temporarily blocked for a word I had no idea would not be allowed.

In future I will refrain from using that word.

I'm thinking it might be time to add you to my block list 😂

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

Just copy your post into a new post without the banned word and repost it. It will go through then.

Kinda hard to copy the post without the banned word if you don't know what the banned word is. I like what another person posted, if you write a banned word, you get a pop up saying this word isn't permitted.

Simple isn't it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1