Forum Banned Word List

21 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Multi pronged stabby eating utensil off and chemical for changing fabric colour!

Just use emojis. (I think there might be a banned emoji though.)

๐Ÿ–•&ย ๐ŸŽฒ

๐Ÿค๐Ÿ˜ย  ๐Ÿ„๐Ÿ†

๐Ÿ’‹ my ๐Ÿ‘ย 

๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€๐Ÿฆฐ๐Ÿ•

๐Ÿˆย  ๐ŸŒฎย  ๐Ÿฅญย 

๐ŸŒย ๐ŸŒถ๏ธย ๐Ÿฅ’ย ๐Ÿฅ•ย ๐ŸŒฝย ๐Ÿฆดrย  ๐ŸŒญย ๐ŸŒตย (pr!ckly pear)

and of courseย  ๐Ÿ’ฉ

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Unca Avro said:

Because the Anglo-Saxxon religion, and language itself was banned by the conquering Franks.

Lolwut?

27mqio.jpg

ย 

Ok, let's try that again shall we.

ย 

Western Europe inhabitants got over run by the "Celts" heading west fromย  the steppes of Eastern Europe, who basically took over Belgium, France, England, Scotland, Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Swiss Alps, and Northern Italy.

Then you have incursions by Germanic Tribes like the Helvetii into the Swiss Alps, and waves of assorted people, like the Alans and Vandals, and so on.

Scotland, takes it's name from a tribe of Irish Celts, and Scottish Celts took over part of Ireland.

Then the Burgundii took Eastern France/Flanders, THEN the Franks, another GERMANIC tribe, came west over the Rhine and took France, and Angles and Saxons took over England, the clues are in the place names "Sussex, Essex, Wessex, Middlesex, East Anglia".

Let's not forget the Norse, who took over the Shetlands, Orkneys, parts of Scotland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Iceland, Greenland, Vinland, and a big chunk of Northern England known as the Danelaw.

Then there was the fun with "Probably the best Viking in the World", the infamous Hrolf Ganger, whoย  accepted a bribe to NOT burn Paris to the ground, AGAIN. The bribe was the title of Duke of a bit of Northern France, that had rebelled against the French King anyway. Today we call it Normandy "North Man's Land".

Then the "Normans" went around kicking people, and taking over places, like England.

And don't forget those pesky Italians stomping around all over, building their pesky straight roads, and aqueducts, and leaving traces of their language behind.

None of this involves "banning the Saxon Religion" or language or creating "bad words". The Religion banning thing is the Roman Church gradually converting all the assorted peoples to one religion. Nobody banned the "Saxon language", it forms a backbone of modern English, it's why the German and English words used to tell people to go away AND to talk about sex, are basically the same except for replacing the German "i" with an English "u".

ย 

oh-no-emoji.gif.b224468c6390c0b4b2f06c31bd84979d.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

whats the correct term this week?

Well, in the context of the whole post the word was in, I'd say "non existent".

ย 

Claiming "bad words" originated when the Franks suppressed Europe's "Saxon, Native and Coloured" peoples is a bit odd, as Western Europe was remarkably free of Africans & Native Americans, when the Franks arrived.

Unless he's talking about America, which is also odd, since America was remarkably free of Saxons or Franks, or Africans, when the Spanish, French, and English started colonising the place.

I'm also unaware of any vast array of swear words in English, originating in African or Native American languages.

ย 

In retrospect, perhaps the entire post in question ( including the word "coloured" ) could be replaced with "steaming pile of irrational horse excrement".

ย 

Edited by Zalificent Corvinus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Ah Dear me, ignorance is such a slippery term...thankyou for correcting the mistakes you thought my comment contained. Perhaps you can explain for me why we do have "bad words"? For example, we all know what "Bxxbs" refer to. Likely we have a clear image that leaps to mind even when we only refer to them as "Mammary Glands"? Can you point to a specific harm using the word causes?

image.jpeg.37d66ffb0177ae7450c07bfb19f03c8c.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Unca Avro said:

Perhaps you can explain for me why we do have "bad words"?

The cinematic item called "The Simpson's Movie" said it best.

ย 

"American Squeamishness"

That whole "Puritanical Virtue Signalling Hypocrisy" thing.

Texas, it's legal to own a battery powered "personal massage" device of an A rated nature, BUT illegal to tell anyone what it's for.

Various states have rules that say that strippers can't take their clothes off. And so on.

All this from the country that produces most of the world's hard core pron.

ย 

There was a bit of a stink when the movie "Apocalypto" came out. All the dialog is in Mayan, And the subtitles ae literal translations for the most part, but Muricans complained that the Mayans were using the F-word, saying that was obviously not right, trouble is, Mayan has a word that means the same, and was used the same way.

ย 

Speaking of somebody bitten by a deadly snake "He's [ Mayan F-Word ]-ed".

ย 

• Like 1

On 4/22/2024 at 11:48 AM, Ayashe Ninetails said:

As far as needing a list goes, due to being a female version of Samuel L. Jackson under every day normal circumstances and having done some moderation work in the past, I already know exactly which words would get me clapped here. Same as anywhere else with chat filters - pretty easy to guess, really. It physically hurts sometimes to behave mahdamnself, but I manage it, somehow!

If I can type a paragraph without firing off a string of 17 different curses and colorful phrases, so can anyone.ย ๐Ÿ˜‚

I think that sums it up nicely for me. You can't grow up in this society without learning most of the "bad" words. It gets a little confusing as you get older, because the younger crowd keeps inventing new ones, but the real hard core of "bad word" vocabulary has been with us for centuries.ย  One mark that you've finally become an adult, though, is that you recognize which words you can say safely in front of your grandmother or the queen, and which ones will get you a bloody nose -- if you're lucky -- when you yell them at a stranger. Being an adult involves learning the subtleties of context.ย 

Fortunately, most people in SL are at least old enough to be adults. And most of those know a "bad" word when they see it, and are smart enough to read the room before they use it out loud. We don't need a list; we need adult common sense.ย  Rules are only necessary to help educate the newcomers and apprentice adults among us, and even those people should be smart enough to keep their mouths shut instead of testing "bad" words in a new crowd.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Istelathis said:
5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

What's the difference between boobs and *****?

Gh.jpg

ย 

I think it is the blue feet ๐Ÿ™ƒ

I think my example highlights that in some cases, the only difference between an "acceptable" word and an "unacceptable" word, is a matter of "degree" - how so-called "crude" one word is.ย  When I was growing up, "boobs" was also a "bad word".ย  To get around the "ban" on the other word and be cute, there was a brand of sandals named "Tiddies".ย 

• Like 3

On 4/22/2024 at 9:48 AM, Ayashe Ninetails said:

As far as needing a list goes, due to being a female version of Samuel L. Jackson under every day normal circumstances and having done some moderation work in the past, I already know exactly which words would get me clapped here. Same as anywhere else with chat filters - pretty easy to guess, really. It physically hurts sometimes to behave mahdamnself, but I manage it, somehow!

If I can type a paragraph without firing off a string of 17 different curses and colorful phrases, so can anyone.ย ๐Ÿ˜‚

I can say MOFin' ๐Ÿ s on a โœˆ๏ธย  with emojis.

๐Ÿ˜

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

๐Ÿซต๐ŸงŒย 

Well you see the melaninly enhanced race have been described with many different words over the centuries, I'd list a few, but they are all bad, banned words. The accepted term constantly changes, leaving only relict usages from times past such as the United N**** College Fund, or the National Association for the Advancement of C****** People.

It's mainly guilt ridden whites that keep changing the term to keep up with the latest version of political correctness.

So anyway, who can tell me the proper PC term this week.

ย 

ย 

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

When I was growing up, "boobs" was also a "bad word".ย  To get around the "ban" on the other word and be cute, there was a brand of sandals named "Tiddies".ย 

Yes, "bad" words change in our vocabulary like everything else.ย  "Jazz" was once one and so was "golly" -- which I still use sometimes and then catch myself sounding quaint (not blasphemous). I remember when you could say "boob" in public if you meant "idiot", but got prurient giggles if you used it in a locker room. And then there's the word "gay" which meant "carefree" until about when I started in college, then went through a phase of being a "bad" word before LGBTQ+ came acceptably out of the closet, and is now only "bad" word when it's hurled by people who don't seem to have understood what being gay is all about.ย 

So, yes, there are transition areas of everyday English where you can be shunned for not knowing just how "bad" one of those transition words is.ย  Still, as I said earlier, most of the hard core, time-tested, nasty bad words have been with us for at least a century -- many since before Shakespeare.ย  Those are the ones most likely to get you censored by the forum bots, so they are also the easiest to avoid. Try the transitional ones gingerly and don't be too surprised when you discover that "boob" is OK, but -- as I found out myself on Friday --ย  **** isn't. (I won't try to get around the bot by using a cheap spelling trick, so you can have fun guessing.ย  I'll just tell you that I had no idea it was "bad".)ย  The good thing is that most of those transitional words won't get you a warning; just a slap on the wrist and a learning moment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I think that sums it up nicely for me. You can't grow up in this society without learning most of the "bad" words. It gets a little confusing as you get older, because the younger crowd keeps inventing new ones, but the real hard core of "bad word" vocabulary has been with us for centuries.ย  One mark that you've finally become an adult, though, is that you recognize which words you can say safely in front of your grandmother or the queen, and which ones will get you a bloody nose -- if you're lucky -- when you yell them at a stranger. Being an adult involves learning the subtleties of context.ย 

Fortunately, most people in SL are at least old enough to be adults. And most of those know a "bad" word when they see it, and are smart enough to read the room before they use it out loud. We don't need a list; we need adult common sense.ย  Rules are only necessary to help educate the newcomers and apprentice adults among us, and even those people should be smart enough to keep their mouths shut instead of testing "bad" words in a new crowd.

Well said! Fully agree, except there's one little thing...

ย 

5 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

It gets a little confusing as you get older, because the younger crowd keeps inventing new ones...

In many cases, they're simply borrowing words that we've been using forever and using them entirely wrong. Quite a bit of Gen Z slang is just AAVE used rather improperly. Excruciatingly improperly. Hella wack, one could say. There are entire Twitter accounts that repost Gen Z tweets that, when translated back to their origins, mean absolutely nothing. Pretty funny, honestly.๐Ÿ˜‚

Many of those words are NSFW, in addition. Ah well, if only they knew what they were saying.

• Like 2

Just now, Rolig Loon said:

Yes, "bad" words change in our vocabulary like everything else.ย  "Jazz" was once one

Speaking of "Jazz", and on topic, I presume most people who have heard of him, don't know the origin of "Jelly Roll" Morton's name.ย  ย We have gone soft as a culture! (So to say.)

2 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Well said! Fully agree, except there's one little thing...

ย 

34 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

It gets a little confusing as you get older, because the younger crowd keeps inventing new ones...

Fo' Shizzle!

Another example, I believe "Nazi" is not allowed, but "fascist" is. *Edit* Ok, I was wrong about this.

There is also gender favoritism: I believe that "*****" is not allowed, but "bastard" is.

ย 

Edited by Love Zhaoying