Anybody still use Catwa heads?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 75 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I now use Lelutka for my woman avis (paired with Maitreya Lara or LaraX), but for my man avis I still use Catwa (paired with Belleza Jake.) I might try putting a Lelutka head on one of my men to see what it's like (considering most of the marketplace stuff now is for Lelutka heads).

• Like 3

I changed from Catwa Daniel to LeLutka Logan when it was given free. Not that I wouldn't have bought one, but I could never find a look I liked enough to replace Daniel when I demo'd other heads, including the other male giveaways over the last few years. Now I've got used to Logan, I mostly prefer the look and it has the benefit of the higher detail EVOX skins. The body has been Gianni for a long time, although I'm getting annoyed recently because I've seen so many clothes I would like to wear that aren't fitted for it!

While Logan has mostly replaced my 'default human' look, Daniel still sees a lot of use. I prefer Daniel for FGI fantasy skins which never quite look right to me on Logan* (I guess because it's not actually SLUV even in non-EVOX mode). Daniel also fits my favourite alternative body which I've used since the day it launched; Aesthetic. All my more demonic looks (and still a lot of my favourite human looks) use Aes and Daniel.

Me right now: Gianni, Logan, skin from Birth

Snapshot_2703a.thumb.png.a48f829beffc45928a4b178c5f33e047.png

*Edit: I should note that FGI is now making skins for EVOX, and updating all (I think) existing skins to both EVOX and, at least in some cases, materials appliers too. So, when my main FGI skins get done I might change some of my FGI outfits over to Logan. Have to see which I prefer. I still have the issue that the FGI body skins don't work on AES and those are all my own work, done to match the FGI head skins. And of course Logan doesn't fit AES so that combination is a non-starter.

Edited by Rick Nightingale
  • Like 4

Very much so. Catwa's always my first choice for female human/human-ish avatars (non-EvoX). Akeruka and BeSpoke for specialty looks.

I mostly use Lelutka for human male heads. Don't like the female line much at all. If anything, I'll use Lel female for fantasy avatars, but never anything human.

• Like 2

I haven't used a Catwa head in a very long time.  I quit Catwa to move to Genesis Project which then turned into Genus, then I quit Genus to move to Lelutka. Then I quit Lelutka to move to Lelutka EvoX.  I purchased the new LAQ head and wore it for a bit, but some aggravations caused me to go back to EvoX. 

I wore A LOT of Catwa hair back in the day though.

Edited by Lysistrata Szapira
grammar
  • Like 1

Catwa moved to EVO X recently, just as LaQ and LOGO. @Lysistrata Szapira EVO X is a BOM UV created by LeLUTKA and licenced out by them to mesh head creators, if they want to use that system. At the moment, Catwa has 4 heads, female, that are using this skin type, sadly no male versions. LaQ, has a male one but as you said, there are still some aggravations on the EVO X head that even I am not wearing the head or even intending create shapes for it. Akeruka (AK ADVX line of heads) has a ton of male heads that are only EVO X enabled. Ga.eg and LOGO have several  male heads, but I do advice to read well their vendors, because GA.EG uses a different name to call the EVO X feature and LOGO has marked the heads that have the EVO X feature as LOGO X.

Below the LOGO X Noel head, which was a gift during the New Year period, now in store at 2500 Lindens and comes with body skin, evo x head layers & ears, in 5 different tones (Only one of the LOGO X heads that doesn't come with skins is the Chase Head because that is an updated version of the Anniversary Gift of a couple of years ago).

Male test_001.jpg

Edited by Dorientje Woller
  • Like 2

Absolutely.  I love my Catwa Queen head. I've tried every single one that Lelutka does and haven't found anything that looks like "me". I did make the mistake of buying one that I thought I could work with, and ditched it after 2 months.

Edited by Maitimo
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Maitimo said:

Absolutely.  I love my Catwa Queen head. I've tried every single one that Lelutka does and haven't found anything that looks like "me". I did make the mistake of buying one that I thought I could work with, and ditched it after 2 months.

Similar situation for me. I also think Catwa ages up a lot nicer. 30s-40s is so easy to pull off with them for me. Funny enough, the male Lel heads age just fine, too. It's only the female Lel line I can't get into my preferred range.

• Like 2

Hey @Maitimo - curious, since we're on the subject. Do you ever find yourself missing Freya? If I could have ANY head upgraded to HDPro or EvoX, it'd be that one. I miss her so much, but that older HUD drives me too bonkers to dust it off, lol.

Her nose is just too adorable, though. I keep thinking about throwing that head back into rotation.

18 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Hey @Maitimo - curious, since we're on the subject. Do you ever find yourself missing Freya? If I could have ANY head upgraded to HDPro or EvoX, it'd be that one. I miss her so much, but that older HUD drives me too bonkers to dust it off, lol.

Her nose is just too adorable, though. I keep thinking about throwing that head back into rotation.

No I don't; I liked it when I had it but the look of Queen was much nearer to what I was trying to achieve, and Freya, while very close, never quite "got it".  I'd love to have Queen upgraded to EvoX but if they did it to Freya first, I wouldn't buy it again.

• Like 1

On 4/3/2024 at 7:02 PM, Gopi Passiflora said:

I now use Lelutka for my woman avis (paired with Maitreya Lara or LaraX), but for my man avis I still use Catwa (paired with Belleza Jake.) I might try putting a Lelutka head on one of my men to see what it's like (considering most of the marketplace stuff now is for Lelutka heads).

Yes, there are diehard catwa fans who will never change. 

1 minute ago, Maitimo said:

No I don't; I liked it when I had it but the look of Queen was much nearer to what I was trying to achieve, and Freya, while very close, never quite "got it".  I'd love to have Queen upgraded to EvoX but if they did it to Freya first, I wouldn't buy it again.

I get what you're saying. Queen does feel like a pretty big improvement in a lot of ways. It's just I was able to achieve such an adorable (and somewhat unique) look with Freya that I just can't get with any other head. It's mostly in the nose and cheeks, I think. Not to mention, male Freya was kinda hot, I'm just sayin... 👀😂

I still might throw it into rotation despite how much I loathe that HUD. Maybe it's worth it to get my old face back on occasion. Maybe, lol.

7 minutes ago, Imogen Bloodrose said:

Yup still using my Catwa Catya head, i tried others but i find them useless and i hate Bom so there is that!

May I ask WHY you hate BOM?  With appliers, you're somewhat restricted in the number of layer you can use.  With BOM, you can pile on all kinds of things, head and body.  Plus, with BOM you don't get any of that glitching that sometimes happens between layers or between layers and some mesh.

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 11

On 4/8/2024 at 7:29 PM, Rowan Amore said:

May I ask WHY you hate BOM?  With appliers, you're somewhat restricted in the number of layer you can use.  With BOM, you can pile on all kinds of things, head and body.  Plus, with BOM you don't get any of that glitching that sometimes happens between layers or between layers and some mesh.

I only ever use 2 layers and when i bought the lelutka head i had to use multilayers and i looked like i had a skin defect and i could not get it to work properly so i chucked everything in the bin and i also find the complexity is lower, the people using bom and never stuff their complexity goes through the roof and they are just grey to me as its too high and i can't match my look with the evo lelutka newer layers and i love my look .....perfected it over years, don't want to change it one bit.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Imogen Bloodrose said:

I only ever use 2 layers and when i bought the lelutka head i had to use multilayers and i looked like i had a skin defect and i could not get it to work properly so i chucked everything in the bin and i also find the complexity is lower, the people using bom and never stuff their complexity goes through the roof and they are just grey to me as its too high and i can't match my look with the evo lelutka newer layers and i love my look .....perfected it over years, don't want to change it one bit.

Actually, BOM has no effect on complexity.  It would actually lower it if you're using Maitreya as you wouldn't need the extra body additions that use appliers.

• Like 7

The last avatar I updated is using Catwa HD Sasa. I made a thread about it before. She uses the original skin that was used for the system head and it looks good. The Catwa HD heads also have funny face animations.

My first Mesh Avy I had a catwa Justin head and an Adam body. Now I use a Lelutka head and Signature Gianni Body. Lelutka.Head.Guy 3.4. yeah I know, OLD but I like it so why change?

Fenix_adam.jpg

Edited by Bdobson
added a pic of my catwa avatar
  • Like 3

On 4/8/2024 at 2:55 PM, Kylie Jaxxon said:

I do wonder though, who still used Genus

/me raises her hand

I own at least a half dozen LeLutka heads (and the one freebie Catwa one), but I've never been able to achieve the look I like, so I've stuck with Genus.

LeLutka are really nice heads, but there are things about them (e.g., the lips) that drive me nuts.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I never thought I would give up my Catwa head cos I just loved how I looked with it, even though it was 6 yrs old and "outdated", I still loved it.  I switched to a Lelutka head back in December when I did the whole "new name, new me" thing and no regrets.  I love how I look now too!

I am going through a whole boxing stuff I no longer use phase and a few weeks ago boxed up my Catwa stuff.  I went down over 5,000 items just from my skins/makeups alone!

On 4/8/2024 at 2:55 PM, Kylie Jaxxon said:

I do wonder though, who still used Genus or went back to it with this previous update?  

The morph head is actually pretty good. I could see myself playing around with it in the near future.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 75 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.