Bellisseria's 5th Anniversary Celebration!

8 minutes ago, Lilia Levitsky said:

When I get first swaginator clue, it takes me to gift #2. Is it just me? Where can I get a clue for gift #1?

Where you pick up the Swaginator at the Fairgrounds

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lilia Levitsky said:

When I get first swaginator clue, it takes me to gift #2. Is it just me? Where can I get a clue for gift #1?

There are several locations that fit the clue for #1. One of these is within sight of #2. So I guess that's what happened here. Keep looking for other places like the one you first searched and you will find #1.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

Where can I find the starting points for the train and bus tours?

The bus tours meet up at Whiskey Bay. I'll have to get the info for where the train tours starting point is at.

10 hours ago, Lilia Levitsky said:

No, it's not just you - it's broken.

On 4/4/2024 at 1:53 PM, Love Zhaoying said:

Don't these Linden "Hunts" compete with in-world merchant-sponsored hunts?

Yes, as much as the merchant-sponsored hunts compete with the hunt from the 5th Anniversary.
Anything one organizes in SL is a competition with what others organize.

It is not against TOS to organize something is it?
And if the Lab is sponsoring this event a bit is totally okay I guess, afteral it is their Bellisseria that has a 5th Anniversary.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I would like to offer a tip on the Bellisseria 5th Swaginator Hunt. To do the hunt, in the SSPBA 4 regions, find the bus benchs. On them you will find a picture of places in Bellisseria that are teleporters to those locations. Some are interesting places, but others will take you to where the Swaginator Prize givers are.

Bellisseria 5th Swaginator Gifts.png

Edited by Indy Melody
Added picture of Swaginator Hunt Gifts
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

55 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Oh, I thought this was 100% LL, not just "sponsored".

No it is organized by a group of Bellisseria residents with support from friends.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Oh, then there won't be any drama. COOL!

We had a locked thread full of drama over it allready. We both were posting in that one too, if I remember correctly.
Drama is Second Life's middle name.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

We had a locked thread full of drama over it allready. We both were posting in that one too, if I remember correctly.
Drama is Second Life's middle name.

I am here to try and spread Love, and Healing, from any potential butthurt over drama.  It is my raison d'etre. 

• Haha 4

• Moles
6 hours ago, Fionalein said:

No, it's not just you - it's broken.

It is not broken...

15 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

There are several locations that fit the clue for #1. One of these is within sight of #2. So I guess that's what happened here. Keep looking for other places like the one you first searched and you will find #1.

Polenth is correct.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Moles
4 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Oh, I thought this was 100% LL, not just "sponsored".

I cannot stress this enough... The Bellisseira 5th Anniversary is sponsored by a committee of residents. The Lab and the LDPW have helped with the location and some of the prizes in conjunction with their effort, but a vast majority of the heavy lifting involved in making this event happen is all due to the effort of the residents who have organized and are running it with the participation of ourselves and many many others. Like with other resident events like Fantasy Faire or groups we have worked with in the past such as the American Cancer Society, our efforts are minor in comparison to the work they have put into making this celebration happen. We hope that everyone will enjoy the festivities, but credit should be given where credit is deservedly due. :)

• Like 10
  • Thanks 10

If it were a Linden sponsored event then residents would have been allowed to contribute more than photos :) 

It does seem, for example, that the planning committee were given many more houses to furnish than they were actually capable of finding interior designers for, and that an SLB-style call for submissions could have lessened the burden on some severely overstretched volunteers.  There are lots of people out there who would surely have been happy to do one house even if they couldn't quite manage three or four. (I do get that involving a wider range of creators could have been difficult in terms of avoiding the perception of advertising/commercial use, but surely most could be trusted not to use/abuse their own products if asked nicely?)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Sparkle Bunny said:

It does seem, for example, that the planning committee were given many more houses to furnish than they were actually capable of finding interior designers for, and that an SLB-style call for submissions could have lessened the burden on some severely overstretched volunteers.  There are lots of people out there who would surely have been happy to do one house even if they couldn't quite manage three or four. 

Yes, I have to admit that I was saddened that there was no opportunity to even volunteer to contribute a build.  Perhaps they wanted to just go with folks who repeatedly contribute to the Parade of Homes, or other decorating blogs. 

Or maybe the organizers just don't like my decorating style, which if true makes me embarrassed that I post pics of some of my homes ... I mean, I'm no Matthieu, but I like to think I have some interesting ideas!   But I'd rather think that not having an opportunity to even volunteer was more of a procedural thing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

38 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Yes, I have to admit that I was saddened that there was no opportunity to even volunteer to contribute a build.  Perhaps they wanted to just go with folks who repeatedly contribute to the Parade of Homes, or other decorating blogs.

I think they must have been going for a certain amount of homogeneity to offset any possible clashes from having multiple themes in the same region? Which, again, I get, though there are probably ways of doing that which wouldn't involve leaning so heavily on small groups of people with similar aesthetics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

I like to think I have some interesting ideas!

You do, in fact most people do and I would rather see that than perfectly done. Lots of so called or self styled decorators use the same pieces as each other in very similar ways or ways very close to how the merchant styled it- at least from what I can see on blogs and Flickrs. I don't have time to check other LH inworld at the moment but finding fresh ideas has become harder. I have not been to the event properly yet so I can't comment on the decorating there but there has been a strong river of people picking up a gift!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

The Bellisseira 5th Anniversary is sponsored by a committee of residents.:)

I just wanted to add that, although the vision and scale of this event might lead a casual attendee to believe that it was put together by LL, AFAIK the Bellisseria birthdays have ALWAYS been resident-led events held at the Fairgrounds. This year's celebration is just really, really well done.

• Like 8

18 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Or maybe the organizers just don't like my decorating style, which if true makes me embarrassed that I post pics of some of my homes ... I mean, I'm no Matthieu, but I like to think I have some interesting ideas!   But I'd rather think that not having an opportunity to even volunteer was more of a procedural thing.

Not being a Matthieu is likely a good thing.  As others have said, everyone has good ideas, not to mention that decorating is very subjective. Vive la différence.

• Like 3

Question that popped into my mind from reading some of the above posts:  What was done with the photos that we submitted for the anniversary?  Are they randomly located around the 4 regions?  I didn't notice any large group of photos from residents -- other than the Park Art Walk.

Never mind - found the answer myself as I was TPing around.  There are "Belli 5th Anniversary Resident Photo Display" items scattered around that do a slide show of Resident pictures.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 1