What year is considered oldbie?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 70 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

2010 noob checking in. I consider oldbies to be passing the 5 or 6 year mark. 10 years would be geriatric. Anyone with a rezz year in the aughts is a fossilized dinosaur. 😂

Whatever can you mean? tyrannosaurus-prehistoric-skeleton-dinos

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, Midnoot said:

Lol @ the way people don't wanna accept that a DECADE or more is straight up oldbie. You old. I'm old. We old.

8jwsi5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

55 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

2010 noob checking in. I consider oldbies to be passing the 5 or 6 year mark. 10 years would be geriatric. Anyone with a rezz year in the aughts is a fossilized dinosaur. 😂

Thank you! ...😠
(11-11-2005/6704 days, 18 yrs 4 mnth))

:) 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Porky Gorky said:

Anyone who got ripped off by Ginko definitely is. Im still bitter about loosing that L$10K all these years later 😭

"What's a Ginko?" queries the fresh faced Bewbie newbie of only 14 years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Anyone with a rez date on or before circa November 10 2010 when you automatically got to choose a last name via LL sign up, i know my oldest resident account from the 15th was created within a few of days of that placeholder coming in so no one else got it. I'm aware there were third party portals offering last names for a few months longer, because I have it bookmarked i believe one called scilands was the last one to have them. I'm not sure anyone other than established residents would have really known about them at the time to snag a last name 

I hate this.

10 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

Ginko Financial - Wikipedia

It offered accounts denominated in Linden Dollars, which would be paid extremely high interest rates (at one point 0.145% per day or 69.7% per year[1])

Well it all seemed too good to be true, SO IT MUST BE TRUE!! I was young and gullable.

I lost a small fraction compared to some people though.

4 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Anyone with a rez date on or before circa November 10 2010 when you automatically got to choose a last name via LL sign up, i know my oldest resident account from the 15th was created within a few of days of that placeholder coming in so no one else got it. I'm aware there were third party portals offering last names for a few months longer, because I have it bookmarked i believe one called scilands was the last one to have them. I'm not sure anyone other than established residents would have really known about them at the time to snag a last name 

In this case, my 3 female accounts are all oldbies. Evan is the only one who started with the last name of Resident, as a female furry rabbit named DaniDarko Resident.

14 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Oooh! I love it when people go apesh!t because I have a high post count. 

Talking about post count, I am wondering if our current post count includes the total posts from the old forum too? This forum, v2.0 started in 2008/9 i think, so there could be 4 or 5 years worth of posts unaccounted for when it comes to the older oldbies.

I'm old enough to remember when you could actually swap Lindens for Bitcoin on Virwox...😲 I could have become a RL millionaire with my SL club tips 😭(well, maybe a hundredthousandaire...)

The forum banner is definitely an oldbie 🙂 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

If one has a post count over 30 on the forums?

Some people have been here since the great bang If that's the case ... you know ... 30,000+ posts with very little to say p:

If you can remember when  I MILLION was superimposed across the moon one night when the account number was reached "I" consider you an OLDIE.  That was before my time but I still feel pretty old :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 70 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.