What's the buzz, tell me what's a-happening?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 73 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

32 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Try New World News.

Just don't try Weekly World News, they couldn't even get the name of Freddy Krueger's make-up man right. I swear, the stuff that passes for accurate reporting these days...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

So, their opinions would seem to be based on either reading other people's reviews, or trying the official viewer many years ago.

Don't forget the ones who try it about every year, or at the latest, when their PC died, and they are on a new one, but always revert back to their TPV then, i.e., me. 😅 (But while each one of us is unique, I'm still under no illusion that there are still enough people similar enough to us in many regards, I'm sure I'm not the only one with that MO.)

This, and the original comment still was fun to read and made me laugh and smile, respectively, so, thank you, a laugh a day keeps the doctor away, and such.

That makes me wonder, how many of everyone's computers did the often dying-declared SL already outlive... For me, that'd be... one regular laptop, two gaming laptops, another regular laptop (I think it possible that SL actually killed that one, it died a quite untimely death)... yes, outlived 4 laptops for me, and now is installed on pc No.5, gaming tower, this time, no laptop, so my hopes are high that the pc count won't go up much more.

Edited by InnerCity Elf
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, InnerCity Elf said:

Don't forget the ones who try it about every year, or at the latest, when their PC died, and they are on a new one, but always revert back to their TPV then, i.e., me. 😅 (But while each one of us is unique, I'm still under no illusion that there are still enough people similar enough to us in many regards, I'm sure I'm not the only one with that MO.)

This, and the original comment still was fun to read and made me laugh and smile, respectively, so, thank you, a laugh a day keeps the doctor away, and such.

That makes me wonder, how many of everyone's computers did the often dying-declared SL already outlive... For me, that'd be... one regular laptop, two gaming laptops, another regular laptop (I think it possible that SL actually killed that one, it died a quite untimely death)... yes, outlived 4 laptops for me, and now is installed on pc No.5, gaming tower, this time, no laptop, so my hopes are high that the pc count won't go up much more.

Just like any "living being", Second Life has been "dying" since it was born. It's as if everyone walked around moaning, "Oh, I'm dying!" and if asked when, would answer, "well, I'm 40 now, probably I only have 30 or 40 years to live."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 2/28/2024 at 5:08 PM, diamond Marchant said:

We need some straight talk... now. Preferably from Brad.

2 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

Returning to the OP,  I realize that this is not gonna happen. Sorry to trouble the forum.

Wagner James Au sums it up nicely.

Not surprising and for us forumites it means continuing to tip toe around the pink elephant, perhaps indefinitely, as we simply don't know how deep it goes, even from technical decisions made. Everything current might be as a result of that thing that isn't a thing.

• Like 3

Every time I see the original post quoted, I get a little shiver when I think about "straight talk" "from Brad."

Even before the salacious stuff the thread is presumably about, SL presented some recent personnel challenges that, if I were in his position, would really test my patience. Every day that we don't hear what I've been fearing Brad would say is some reassurance that he won't be saying it… this time around.

Edited by Qie Niangao
  • Like 7

7 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Every time I see a post from LL saying "friendly greetings" I think of Torely and wonder if they wish they could get him back now. 

Think Sansar would sell him back to us at a "slightly used" discount?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well.  WIth the departure of Syfy and Mojo, ONE thing that's happened is that LL's 7-member executive staff is now down to precisely TWO (2) members who have anything to do with SL (you remember, LL's actual product?), Grumpity and Patch.  I'll put the pic here just in case it shrinks further in the coming weeks.

LLsmaller.JPG.acfeae49a2c14277941b0b753e9ca24a.JPG

There is precisely one open personnel req, for a senior engineer.  Recruiting new execs is likely impossible in the current climate, so presumably both of them will just keep their heads down and work on prioritization, delegating, and holding onto current employees until the corporate weather improves. [Patch is keeping his head so far down that he no longer has any public flickr, X/twitter or Bluesky presence]. 

Patch and Grumpity have both been promoted from VP's to "Senior" VP"s.  Did that happen after the departures, or a while ago?  Curiouser and Curiouser.   I hope that doesn't mean that this stripped-down exec team will be permanent - it just seems like too fragile a corporate structure.  Best luck, team!

Oh, and Mr. Kim, please accept this box of amphetamines.  I imagine you are one busy dude right now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Everyone listed on that page with the exception of Eric & Anya (Patch & Grumpity) are also listed as being part of Tilia's executive team .. which on the whole seems far more well established (including 4 directors and a CTO)

https://www.tilia.io/about

Feeling a bit like the ugly red headed step child over here ... you know, the one that's been looking after the entire family on their own the whole time.

Can't wait for new house rules.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Everyone listed on that page with the exception of Eric & Anya (Patch & Grumpity) are also listed as being part of Tilia's executive team .. which on the whole seems far more well established (including 4 directors and a CTO)

https://www.tilia.io/about

Feeling a bit like the ugly red headed step child over here ... you know, the one that's been looking after the entire family on their own the whole time.

Can't wait for new house rules.

Linden Lab owns both Second Life and Tilia, so why is it surprising that they share a common Executive Chairman (who owns Linden Lab and, therefore, both of them) and his Chief of Staff, and common Heads of HR and Legal?   

ETA -- I should have written "common Heads of HR and Legal, and a common CFO"

Edited by Innula Zenovka
  • Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 73 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.