Are we ever gonna be able to hide account age?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm getting old and I can't accept that. Instead of creating an alt to feel youthful like most of Second Lyfe, I'd prefer to just hide my main avatar's age. It's ok, I still waste plenty of money in Second Life on my main. Probably not as much as those weirdos who buy mesh bodies and heads multiple times per alt, but still. Some people even seem intimidated by accounts as old as their own. They ONLY message newer accounts. It's creepy af.

tenor.gif

Did you know account age deters predatorial users who wish to prey on dem Senra girls and boys? On my (unmodified) Senra, I literally get compliments like " 

- Nice avatar.

- Well done avatar.

- Cute avatar.

Come on.... COME OOooN :C.....

Edited by Midnoot
Unmodified
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Midnoot said:

. Probably not as much as those weirdos who buy mesh bodies and heads multiple times per alt,  ...  . Some people even seem intimidated by accounts as old as their own. They ONLY message newer accounts. It's creepy af.

Did you know account age deters predatorial users who wish to prey on dem Senra girls and boys? On my (unmodified) Senra, I literally get compliments like " 

- Nice avatar.

- Well done avatar.

- Cute avatar.

indeed Come on ... come ooooon ..

if this above is your experience in SL, it might be not the place where you belong. And i'm wondering where you go inworld.
In all my years, and on all my accounts i néver ever had such encounter with other account that are inworld for longer.

The first remarks are on yourself. It's not your business how much others spend on accounts, en bloody rude to name them weirdo's.
And most of your post has nothing to do with account age. Usging Senra alone already shouts "noob" and "alt" from a mile distsance.

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 9
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gabriel Isodo said:

Are we ever gonna be able to hide account age?

No it is not possible as far as I kown but you can create a new avatar and start a 3rd life.

no ! That's precisely what I'm trying to refrain from >:C! Some of y'all on your 34th life.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, Midnoot said:

At the very top of your profile description, add a note indicating that despite your avatar being 20 years old, you only logged in for the first time a year ago because you forgot that you had registered in Second Life all this time; Asking a person how to do some basic stuff (they sent you a texture - ask them where you can find it) may help with masquerading... and don't forget about a lot of fullbright flexis, some bling-bling particles may help, too. ;)

You may want to upvote this.
https://feedback.secondlife.com/feature-requests/p/hide-birthdate

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Midnoot said:

I'm getting old and I can't accept that. Instead of creating an alt to feel youthful like most of Second Lyfe, I'd prefer to just hide my main avatar's age. It's ok, I still waste plenty of money in Second Life on my main. Probably not as much as those weirdos who buy mesh bodies and heads multiple times per alt, but still. Some people even seem intimidated by accounts as old as their own. They ONLY message newer accounts. It's creepy af.

tenor.gif

- Nice avatar.

- Well done avatar.

- Cute avatar.

I have a load of mesh heads and a load of mesh bodies. Also a  load of clothes and accessories.

See some people shop to shop while many shop with an idea for a look for thier avatar and some do both.  Remember?

The one's that judge you by your age or whatever ends up on your profile that you didn't put there yourself are weirdos. 

People making judgements about others without knowing that person or interacting with them and basing that judgement on a generalization , are just as wierd. 

Those people doing that, not just in a silly virtual world but real world as well, are a big part of the world's problems..

Use you age or whatever  as a thermometer that flushes them out. Then just keep walking passed them when they try to eat up your clock.

They just want in your head rent free. Because someone had gotten into theirs at one point and their looking to spread the virus of ignorance.

Have a great weekend. 

Hehehe 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, panterapolnocy said:

At the very top of your profile description, add a note indicating that despite your avatar being 20 years old, you only logged in for the first time a year ago because you forgot that you had registered in Second Life all this time; Asking a person how to do some basic stuff (they sent you a texture - ask them where you can find it) may help with masquerading... and don't forget about a lot of fullbright flexis, some bling-bling particles may help, too. ;)

You may want to upvote this.
https://feedback.secondlife.com/feature-requests/p/hide-birthdate

I do actually see that quite often on many of the 2 decade old accounts. You may be onto something. They're definitely using your technique. But how many are onto them? >:O!... They know we're lying! * goes to do malicious things to a less than 1 year old account instead *

32 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I have a load of mesh heads and a load of mesh bodies. Also a  load of clothes and accessories.

See some people shop to shop while many shop with an idea for a look for thier avatar and some do both.  Remember?

yis, I too, have a ridiculous amount of heads and bodies on the same account. It's why I'm trying to reassure the SL gods that they don't have to force me to create a new account to give them money, buying stuff I lost on my main.

1 hour ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

....December 16, 2023.

A basic defence for not having malicious, angry, jaded, old, bitter, sanctimonious forum users following me home and attempting to be malicious, angry, jaded, old, bitter, sanctimonious forum users to my face :3. 

2 hours ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Don't hide it...

Just tell people that this is how long it takes to complete your avatar and organise your inventory.

This is accurate. It hurts.

7 minutes ago, Midnoot said:

A basic defence for not having malicious, angry, jaded, old, bitter, sanctimonious forum users following me home and attempting to be malicious, angry, jaded, old, bitter, sanctimonious forum users to my face :3.

Mirrors are comin', people... mirrors are comin'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Midnoot said:

First you can't find people to chat with and now people are following you home? You've got problems for sure. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, panterapolnocy said:

At the very top of your profile description, add a note indicating that despite your avatar being 20 years old, you only logged in for the first time a year ago because you forgot that you had registered in Second Life all this time;

You'd probably be better off claiming you joined when the teen grid was still here and that you were too young then but fudged your bday for it.

• Like 4

Clocks in RL do not give a damn about your RL age. There's not a damn thing any one of us can do anything about it. Your RL meatsuit will change accordingly to the chronological clock whether you like it or not. Old age is inevitable regardless how much you want to avoid collecting Social Security. You and the rest of us have no choice but to suck it up.

Bringing your hang ups about aging into SL. What could go wrong?

Edited by PermaRuthed
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Aren't we 4X older in SL since the SL day length is longer than the RL day length?

Given:
one day in SL lasts 4 hours
one day in RL is 24 hours

So 6 SL days equals 1 RL day.

If you take my rez date of 07/09/2019 (Firestorm says 4 years 7 months; 1677 days in RL time), my RL age equivalent would put me at 27 and half years old.

Take: 1677 x 6 = 10062
Then: 10062 / 365 = 27.567

14608107_1180665285312703_1558693314_n.jpg

Edited by PermaRuthed
  • Thanks 1

Should’ve fallen into the on again off again trend years ago. I think this is account number 7 or something? I play in sporadic bursts over the course of years. At some point I’ll get bored of SL again, and instead of returning to this account after years, I’ll make a new one. Just as what created this one.

The only reason I even have this account still is because the email I used is a moderately important email of mine so i hopped right back into it after a year hiatus a while back.

I think if I still had a 2008 join date it would be perceived poorly by others. Because I barely played back then, I have no attachment to that era of sl. Other people from that time would expect me to know about it, and as would newer users. But the same applies if I still had my account from 2013, or 2016. So this works, not brand new but with what little I now about sl from simply not playing it consistently, I’d prefer to be in this kinda gray area where people don’t ask me about things and I’m not expected to know about anything. But I’m also not perceived as a clueless noob, even if I might as well be.

1 hour ago, PermaRuthed said:

Given:
one day in SL lasts 4 hours
one day in RL is 24 hours

So 6 SL days equals 1 RL day.

If you take my rez date of 07/09/2019 (Firestorm says 4 years 7 months; 1677 days in RL time), my RL age equivalent would put me at 27 and half years old.

Take: 1677 x 6 = 10062
Then: 10062 / 365 = 27.567

Wow - That makes Lil roughly 99.5 yrs old

image.thumb.png.5dee52329859402efc3951d9c303a8b9.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 105 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.