New Valentines Last Name....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 87 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

39 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Simp?  Seriously?

oh-no-emoji.gif.5f6fa39e990b5fcfc13ef0d740a559ab.gif

They try so hard to be relevant , it hurts . But how else would you get people to buy the hot commodity that is names ?  Social islanders eat those names up. 617447338c42b82903a851fdc02f4d79.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Simp?  Seriously?

oh-no-emoji.gif.5f6fa39e990b5fcfc13ef0d740a559ab.gif

Tell me that you have zero understanding of modern slang without telling me . . .

Does anyone bother to look up what these words mean before they propose them, do you think?

Cuz it sure doesn't look like it in this instance.

• Like 9

The way internet culture is, I would not be surprised if the label simp has become fashionable.  It could be used in a way to show one's loyalty to whatever passion they have, such as people might simp for comics, or computers, who knows?  It could have turned into a label people now pride themselves with.  It is amazing how much power that word held over others, perhaps it has lost some of its muster and people just laugh it off now because that is how things usually play out, right?  

I think it is funny that they included it.  A last name of simp doesn't really explain what the person is a simp for though.  The word could mean just about anything, some definitions of it include just common manners.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

The way internet culture is, I would not be surprised if the label simp has become fashionable.  It could be used in a way to show one's loyalty to whatever passion they have, such as people might simp for comics, or computers, who knows?  It could have turned into a label people now pride themselves with.  It is amazing how much power that word held over others, perhaps it has lost some of its muster and people just laugh it off now because that is how things usually play out, right?  

During my brief soujourn on social media, I noticed a lot of guys actually refer to themselves as simps for female users they like. Following someone's content is referred to as simping, at least if it's someone you find attractive. They also refer to Onlyfans customers a simps, and I don't think they necessarily mean anything derogatory by it, they just use it as a descriptive. So yeah, it's kinda fashionable, at least on social platforms, etc., outside SL.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Tell me that you have zero understanding of modern slang without telling me . . .

Does anyone bother to look up what these words mean before they propose them, do you think?

Cuz it sure doesn't look like it in this instance.

Yeah, a quick google would've suggested that one to be a not so good idea.

image.thumb.png.97164c36faa17cabd996cfd786320353.png

Then again, I could see many possibilities for Simp.

Mesh Simp

Maitreya Simp

Legacy Simp

Linden Simp

Fashionista Simp

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, PermaRuthed said:

Yeah, a quick google would've suggested that one to be a not so good idea.

image.thumb.png.97164c36faa17cabd996cfd786320353.png

I can picture some submissive people really enjoying this name. Certainly a questionable choice to make it available, though.

Edited by Clem Marques
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can absolutely see Lovelace working past the Valentine season, not just for steampunk fans...err... simps ;)

And yes, I'm sure there are people who'll consider Simp, words and meanings and their reception do change indeed, and if people call themselves "old fart", why not "simp", you know. I also think that indeed "simp" like "otaku" does ring different already in some sub cultures, and what is SL if not full of sub cultures. Maybe even a Linden wanted a Something Simp avi, and that's why it's there, who knows.

I imagine there already is or will be a Luna Lovingood, and a Nota Flirt.

Yeah, still, I think Lovelace is the only one I'd seriously consider, or Bae maybe, too, depending. But don't need a new name currently, and at the current price tag, it needs to be one I really, really want. :)

• Like 1

I guarantee you they're taking polls somewhere for these names and that's  why lately , they always include some of the cringiest slang words . Can't ignore your userbase at social island . °`°

Edited by Midnoot

Well, supposedly, you can hand in names, there was even a contest where you could win a year of premium or something when it started, if my memory serves right.

I've handed in a few names, but never saw one of them, so, supposedly, they have no shortage of those. Not sure about seasonal names, though, maybe partly from the ones handed in, partly from office polls if people didn't suggest enough seasonal ones.

Since they have simp, they should have included thot too.

I hope one of the people that chooses Lovelace has the first name Linda.

As usual the list is cheesy and trite.

Expect no more, then you won’t be disappointed.

😂

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, BilliJo Aldrin said:

Since they have simp, they should have included thot too.

I hope one of the people that chooses Lovelace has the first name Linda.

As usual the list is cheesy and trite.

Expect no more, then you won’t be disappointed.

😂

I demand that be included now. Believe it or not, I've seen people with Thot in their first name who aren't just throw aways °`°

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 87 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.