New batch of last names: Jan 2024 edition

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 128 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

41 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

I would think one of the Linden people has bagged Terry Pratchett already.

_____

No one yet, I am just checking, but so very very tempted. For my male alt, obviously. If I can't get Heartsong again .......

Done. Mine.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, sirhc DeSantis said:

Your reaction already has a -no sad allowed- flag

Not really sure I understand what you mean?

3 hours ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

No one yet, I am just checking, but so very very tempted. For my male alt, obviously. If I can't get Heartsong again .......

Done. Mine.

Have you really? Good for you :D

Now for Teri, Terri, Therry to join the throng ;) 

32 minutes ago, sirhc DeSantis said:

Any one using the name of Sir Terry p has been auto added to my ban list. And the word has gone out unless - the estate has given the nod. Now 'Vimes' I would have paid for

Ohhh I think I understand what you meant now. 😁

I suppose really LL should have all the other famous ones "honoured" in the same way. (But then perhaps they do in the form of region names.)

1 hour ago, sirhc DeSantis said:

Any one using the name of Sir Terry p has been auto added to my ban list. And the word has gone out unless - the estate has given the nod. Now 'Vimes' I would have paid for

Sorry, but there are far far worse names floating around that should be flagged.

I've been a fan since I bought my own first sci and fantasy back in the early 1970s, so I'm honouring not mocking. UNLESS HE POSTS IN ALL CAPS. ;)

And if that's enough to "flag" and ban my male alt who isn't in world except to transfer his L allowance to me, for no other reason, since you don't me/him at all, I'd suggest it's not me .... etc etc.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" Death thought about it. CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

OMG, LL, please make Gaiman available. :)

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Messy Eton

Princess Celestia

Nudity Enthusiast

Prim Enthusiast

Sex Enthusiast

Dick Enthusiast

Shining Onyx / Peridot

Noisy Serenade

Unwanted Serenade

Awkward Serenade

Blackas Onyx

Grumpy Mainlander

Grandpa Mainlander

Sugar Saccharin

Outta Harmony

Murmuring Starling (the way groups of starlings fly is called a murmuration)

Edited by Arwyn Quandry
MORE!
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

I saw the news right after looking up the Githyanki of Balder's Gate 3 - a species that lives in the Astral plane.

The list here seems tailor made for people who are fans of that kind of fantasy theme - astral, mystic, D&D inspired, etc.

Daisy Dewdrop Fluffington!

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, usedcars said:

used to use a Random Name generator website to come up with first and last names

I often use these to come up with names for my SL homes.

I'm not good at naming things, and those generators work like a charm!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Arwyn Quandry said:

(the way groups of starlings fly is called a murmuration)

Oh, I hope this will settle down comfortably on some branch of my long-term memory. It probably won't ever come in handy, but if it will it will be SO handy! =D

Pratchett, huh? I guess I'll wait for Tolkien, then. 

"Enthusiast" surely will suit quite a few people. With Onyx and Peridot, there are two instead of just one gem this time, that's rare and weird, I'd have thought they'll be more stingy with those, as there's no unlimited supply. Ethereal would probably work better as a first name. Anyway, I like quite a few of this batch, Sable the most, for how it virtually sounds in my ear, but probably not tempted enough. 

2 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Perfect.

And someone wanted to ban my male alt for Terry Pratchett. 🤣

There's also a Perry Pratchett now!

Did a search and we already have Butt, Breast, Tiddy, and Kink Enthusiasts on the grid. This name has real potential.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I just had a video in my YT recommendation about that weird 3-second--teletiktoksale-tactic that supposedly will wash over us soon. Made me wonder if it would be an interesting tactic for the surnames, you just get 3 seconds to look at them, and then must grab one or not, and you're stuck with your first inspiration, or second, or third, depending on how many your brain comes up with until you need to press the button. Or auction the ones with the most potential...? Ahah, no, but fun thought.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 128 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.