Second Life Radio stations or Club feeds?

Fox Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hiya! 

I'm looking around for some awesome in-world stations or club feeds you can use on your land.  I know there are OODLES of non-Second Life ones, but I'm interested in Second Life ones only.  I've already snooped the ones in the wiki.  (Indie Spectrum, Gorean Whip etc.) 

Has anyone got any suggestions for some awesome ones? 

Thanks in advance ❤️ 

• Like 1

Go to a place and listen to their music. If you like it, click on about land (just up top on my version of fs, your viewer may vary). Look under I believe it is the sound tab, I'm not inworld atm. There you will find the url for the music on the  land. Even if you can't modify it, you can always copy it to clipboard, paste it into a nc for yourself and name it something you'll remember. Then you can have a running list of them. You don't even have to stay, you can just land, take url, move on, lol. 

Just remember that you may not always like the music at every club during every set. Some clubs, especially the slightly more popular rock ones, tend to play a lot of the same bands and same songs day in and day out. I won't name which clubs because that seems rather rude of me and tastes differ, but, just letting you know in advance, don't be surprised if it happens. That's why having a good list is helpful, get bored, change the url. You can even save the list to a .txt file for yourself and put the urls in a media player to listen when not logged in. 

• Like 2

On the MP; you can get radio, you can add stream urls to the notecard and then save it.  Then you click the radio, and you can change the stream without having to go into land each time, which makes it easier if you want to go down that route.

• Like 1

You didn't say what kind of music genre's you like.   I listen to a few ex-SL DJ's that have some amazing depth of songs.  Things you will never here in the popular clubs, that are popular because the DJ's only play top 40 commercial artists, and appeal to the masses.

Edited by Jaylinbridges

I'm going to be that person...

If you like the music at a club or social hangout and so you copy the stream and take it home to your parcel then the club never gets the benefit of your hanging out with them, traffic, etc.

It's kinda impolite and kinda hard on them. I don't think most of them are actually paying to put that stream there - but if they are (if it's actually their own music or their own playlist) then you're really hurting them.

If I wanted to listen to a club's music - I'd park an avatar in it. Even an AFK one.

Otherwise I'd grab radio streams for my home parcel - those guys are usually making me suffer adverts as a way for them to get paid for putting up the URL.

• Like 3

Thanks to all the awesome suggestions so far, I've been giving them all a listen. 

I know I can get a radio on marketplace, but many of them have outdated lists or just real-life stations and I want to give traffic and listens to support people in Second Life doing the same thing. 

Much appreciated everyone ❤️ 

13 hours ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

If you like the music at a club or social hangout and so you copy the stream and take it home to your parcel then the club never gets the benefit of your hanging out with them, traffic, etc.

It's kinda impolite and kinda hard on them. I don't think most of them are actually paying to put that stream there - but if they are (if it's actually their own music or their own playlist) then you're really hurting them.

If I wanted to listen to a club's music - I'd park an avatar in it. Even an AFK one.

Otherwise I'd grab radio streams for my home parcel - those guys are usually making me suffer adverts as a way for them to get paid for putting up the URL.

You can be that person, I 110% go to clubs and idle there to listen when I'm able to do so.  But if I'm doing things on my platform,  being able to listen to a stream and give my support with listener numbers and donations I hope helps to give back to people working hard to keep us entertained in the virtual world. 

Hearing clubs and radio stations even if I'm not there in person makes me feel a sense of community that I think a lot of us miss if we're on our platforms for whatever reason.  So being able to find new in-world stations makes me happy. 

Edited by Fox Nova
  • Like 5

On 11/21/2023 at 2:39 AM, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

I usually prefer to copy the url to my land radio. A busy club might crash my SL viewer running on my old laptop.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2023 at 7:51 AM, Fox Nova said:

I want to give traffic and listens to support people in Second Life doing the same thing.

As a former club owner - listening to a club's stream outside of the club does not benefit the club in any way. It doesn't add "traffic". Additional "listens" don't do anything positive, in fact they might even be a disadvantage because each stream has a cap on the number of users who can listen at any one time.  Ever been to a very busy club and was unable to hear the stream? That could have been a reason. 

Club owners across SL are going to prefer that you park your avatar (or an alt) actually in their club, even if you're not interacting or tipping. That will help them much more than listening remotely.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 11/20/2023 at 1:39 PM, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

The Djs are the ones playing the music, not the club owner. They are usually the ones people are there to support.  If a club owner wants the benefit of having visitors, they need to work at creating an environment that people want to be at. 

I used to go to clubs a lot more, but these days the atmosphere is just not nearly as fun as it once was. Between the gesturbating,  all too frequently annoying people, dead silence in local, or terrible lag in poorly designed areas (sometimes full of afk people) it can be too much. Yes you can fix some, but sometimes it's not worth the effort.

I'd rather support some Djs and live artists from afar while I get other stuff done. I can still tip and support them just fine without being there. There is nothing at all impolite about that. It's silly to assume that it's impolite to not visit a place you don't want to be at. 

Give me a reason to be there, and I will, so will plenty of others. It's why some clubs do so well. Give people a reason to want to listen from elsewhere, and they will. Tough job for a club owner, most definitely, as clubs are complete money pits 99% of the time. The same can be said about any landowner that wants traffic though. Give people a reason to be there, they will. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 11/16/2023 at 9:29 PM, Fox Nova said:

Hiya! 

I'm looking around for some awesome in-world stations or club feeds you can use on your land.  I know there are OODLES of non-Second Life ones, but I'm interested in Second Life ones only.  I've already snooped the ones in the wiki.  (Indie Spectrum, Gorean Whip etc.) 

Has anyone got any suggestions for some awesome ones? 

Thanks in advance ❤️ 

HI!! we would love to have you check out Muddy's Radio.  We stream 24/7 with some of the very best dj's that second life has to offer. We also have a small hud that we offer free that you can pick up in the club which allows you to stream us where ever you go in SL.  http://muddys.digistream.info:20398 is our stream!! We also stream all over the grid in some of the highest traffic places in SL as well as SL homes, business, and land holdings.  There is also the capabilty to stream us in your RL.  Hope you give us a try!

• Like 2

On 11/22/2023 at 5:12 PM, Casidy Silvercloud said:

The Djs are the ones playing the music, not the club owner. They are usually the ones people are there to support.  If a club owner wants the benefit of having visitors, they need to work at creating an environment that people want to be at. 

I used to go to clubs a lot more, but these days the atmosphere is just not nearly as fun as it once was. Between the gesturbating,  all too frequently annoying people, dead silence in local, or terrible lag in poorly designed areas (sometimes full of afk people) it can be too much. Yes you can fix some, but sometimes it's not worth the effort.

I'd rather support some Djs and live artists from afar while I get other stuff done. I can still tip and support them just fine without being there. There is nothing at all impolite about that. It's silly to assume that it's impolite to not visit a place you don't want to be at. 

Give me a reason to be there, and I will, so will plenty of others. It's why some clubs do so well. Give people a reason to want to listen from elsewhere, and they will. Tough job for a club owner, most definitely, as clubs are complete money pits 99% of the time. The same can be said about any landowner that wants traffic though. Give people a reason to be there, they will. 

Hi!!

So much of what you said is so true!  At Muddy's we do not allow things such as gesturbating and we try very hard to keep local poping with conversation.  It is all real traffic with no bots or alts to run up traffic.  One other thing that we do is we put a lot of money and talent into making our events visually specticular.  We do try very hard to give people a reason to be in the club while also giving them the option to listen from off sim by providing a live stream 24/7.  The one thing that we will always fight but try our best to control is the lag.  With any high traffic area where there is real traffic people in the club bring in their scripts.  Most of the lag is not caused by the scripts on the sim but by the avatars.  This will always be a battle.  I hope you come and visit us at Muddy's some time and let me know what you think or any suggestions for things that we can do to make our club a place that people want to visit.  We are always working on trying to improve!

On 11/22/2023 at 2:55 AM, Lewis Luminos said:

As a former club owner - listening to a club's stream outside of the club does not benefit the club in any way. It doesn't add "traffic". Additional "listens" don't do anything positive, in fact they might even be a disadvantage because each stream has a cap on the number of users who can listen at any one time.  Ever been to a very busy club and was unable to hear the stream? That could have been a reason. 

Club owners across SL are going to prefer that you park your avatar (or an alt) actually in their club, even if you're not interacting or tipping. That will help them much more than listening remotely.

I see your point and there is a benifit for the club owner if you are in the actual club when you are listening to the stream but I can tell you that I also very much welcome people listening to our stream where ever they are, SL or RL.  We also provide a small HUD that you can wear that allows you to listen to our station where ever  you travel in SL.  The stream that we have us unlimited so we are happy to have anyone who would like to stream us to do so! http://muddys.digistream.info:20398

• Like 1

On 11/20/2023 at 6:39 PM, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

Muddy's explicitly encourage you to copy and use their stream.

In fact they even give out free radios for you to rezz at home, and link to tunein radio.

• Like 3

I THINK Warehouse 21 has a stream that cab accessed outside the club.  They play mostly EDM but also a smattering of alt, rock and metal. Depends on the DJ.

Funky Monkey plays EDM.

I don't remember who said you can but you CANNOT copy and paste a URL from the sound tab in about land.   You'll need to hand print it. Only staff or admin can make changes in the sound tab.   I know, I have tried.  Make VERY sure you print it exactly as posted in the tab.   

EDIT: W21 does have a club stream but not all DJs use it. So it's hit or miss.

Edited by Doris Johnsky

6 minutes ago, Doris Johnsky said:

I THINK Warehouse 21 has a stream that cab accessed outside the club.  They play mostly EDM but also a smattering of alt, rock and metal. Depends on the DJ.

Funky Monkey plays EDM.

I don't remember who said you can but you CANNOT copy and paste a URL from the sound tab in about land.   You'll need to hand print it. Only staff or admin can make changes in the sound tab.   I know, I have tried.  Make VERY sure you print it exactly as posted in the tab.   

yes you can if you use the phantom "admin" settings

1 minute ago, Doris Johnsky said:

I've no idea what that is.

also in firestorm viewer, there's an icon next to the sound stream that you can copy it with.

I don't know about other viewers, but you can always highlight the stream, press ctrl c to copy and ctrl v to paste elsewhere, or right click it with the mouse and copy/paste it.

years ago the music stream used to show as hidden sometimes, so the workaround was to go to advanced menu, show debug settings, type in admin, set to true, then click developer menu, press show admin menu.

Then when you click on the stream it'd show up as that admin menu lets you click anything and "pretend" you have God Mode enabled.  Even though it just shows.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.