Second Life Radio stations or Club feeds?

Fox Nova

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 hours ago, Bridget Hammill said:

Hi!!

So much of what you said is so true! 

Edited by me to remove the fibs

Please don't quote me if you're going to self-advertise and/or fib, thanks. Bold is my addition. 

Ftr, I know Muddy's, quite well. I worked there, even left on a good note. There are plenty of reasons why many never return though. Most of which, I already stated. 

I had a lot more to say, but, I'd like to keep within the rules of the forum.

• Like 1

Internet sites of radios and media deliberately change the streams to drive people back to their site to click on the ads. They need to pay their bills.

It has become harder and harder in recent years to find the numbered URL you require to put into the SL land menu.

Some companies like Radionomy got fed up with SL users taking their streams and thus disabled them.

You can sometimes go to a site that converts lettered URLs to numbered IP addresses, but they don't always work.

You can buy radios from various SL merchants but the URLs inside them always go dead eventually and the creator may not bother to try to update them.

This site occasionally has some workable streams but less and less lately.

Take Ambient Sleeping Pill, for example. You can convert it on a domain-to-IP converter page but does it work? No. 

• Like 1

If one doesn't mind some commercials, 181 (used heavily, all over sl, especially the heart), now has many of their station links right on their page so that people can put them into their own players, or even in sl streams. They didn't have the actual links for quite a long time, but they were easily found just inspecting, so now they have a bunch of the most used ones listed. 

https://www.181.fm/

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 115 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.