An observation about interactions between men in Second Life

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 hours ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

men not talk much with random kid irl without reason  .

unless pedo

Unfortunately the same is true in SL. It's very rare that a man will IM me but when they do I always groan. Inievtiably you get things like "You're good looking," etc after the inital hi. Usually followed by me blocking them. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

unless pedo

I talked over 33 years almost on a daily basis with kids irl, even at random.
As a teacher, football coach and refferee.  This has nothing to do with pedophilia. 🤬
And then there are doctors, nurses, sports coaches, babysitters and and and...
So please think again before you paint with a too broad brush and insult numerous people.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

unless pedo

You meaning the fear of being labeled as  a pedo which I do think is a thing nowadays as there is such a witch hunt for ones who are. In SL however the hunt is for the ones who are kids, both real or virtual.

• Like 1

As a man and not and incel I will add my two pennies worth...yes not american either. I rarely talk to guys I don't know either rl or sl unless they are friends or friends. Simple reason is most men either sl or rl have no conversation apart from sports. I don't watch sports....I don't care who beat who etc....what do I talk to them about then when mostly I find that to be the whole of their personality.

I do have male friends irl though only a few, only one of them likes sport and as soon as he starts talking about it (Formula 1 in his case) the rest of us go you know what we dont care talk about stuff we all like such as music, art, films. Both men rl and sl from my experience seem to think sport is the be all and end all of existence whereas a lot of us dont give a crap about it

• Like 7

In RL I never had a male friend as best friend for all purposes.
I am/was always part of different friend groups. At the football club where I was a youth coach it was all about sports. At work with a group of colleagues, mostly about work. At my favorite café, all about politics and philosophical subjects later on in the evening, with a few good sigars and beers (yes smoking in public once was totally accepted). etc.

In SL I never bothered much to socialize neither with male or female friends, except in the first years when I was part of a group of friends goofing a lot on a beach. But when they left one after another I never bothered to fill the gap on my friends list. I concentrated on building and being a merchant.
For gossip, discussion and drama, I use forums. :D

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 4

Both of my brothers always had friends who were males, and not associated with any particular club or activity. Some of the friendships were initially made in high school, others on jobs, and persisted past the places where they first met.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 4

On 10/26/2023 at 1:58 AM, Arielle Popstar said:

You meaning the fear of being labeled as  a pedo which I do think is a thing nowadays as there is such a witch hunt for ones who are. In SL however the hunt is for the ones who are kids, both real or virtual.

in real I dont talk with kid that I do not know just to start small talk or getting to know who they are. Unless .. there something needbto talk.( friend's kid, relative, pupils , customer etc)

in SL all kid arent real kid.

my best friend in real most are male.

Edited by Kalegthepsionicist

3 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

Both of my brothers always had friends who were males, and not associated with any particular club or activity. Some of the friendships were initially made in high school, others on jobs, and persisted past the places where they first met.

yes thats true, men that have no social abilitu issue jaave no probl get along with oher men.

alpha met alpha

beast mode on 😂

On 10/26/2023 at 12:55 AM, Sid Nagy said:

I talked over 33 years almost on a daily basis with kids irl, even at random.
As a teacher, football coach and refferee.  This has nothing to do with pedophilia. 🤬
And then there are doctors, nurses, sports coaches, babysitters and and and...
So please think again before you paint with a too broad brush and insult numerous people.

I not talk to random kid I met just to say hi how are you, or asking who theit parents or how their in school etc , you want popsickle , wanna go watch movie etc..

if I sit at public cafe area amd there are kid there amd there big fella muscle dude I prefer talk with the dude.

that ls me.

On 10/25/2023 at 11:30 PM, brodiac90 said:

Unfortunately the same is true in SL. It's very rare that a man will IM me but when they do I always groan. Inievtiably you get things like "You're good looking," etc after the inital hi. Usually followed by me blocking them. 

my problem in sl ,I want talk with real people not their second, third, fourth, rp personality

@Gopi Passiflora

I am real straighmale.

irl my close friemd mostly are men , and I talk more with  random men than with random women .

in SL women avi are more than men.  avatar appearance  mean nothing to me , thata why I rarely talk about how good they looks. I prefer talk with people that has real pictute because I put mine, but I also talk with other that do mot put their identirty as long you talk as yourself.  I can rp abit but after sometime I got tire to.pretend and stop talks.

most women avi respon better than men avi. so more in my friendlist are women. but still I not talk much with people in SL. bcs 99℅ are hide their real.

2 hours ago, Kalegthepsionicist said:

@Gopi Passiflora

I am real straighmale.

irl my close friemd mostly are men , and I talk more with  random men than with random women .

in SL women avi are more than men.  avatar appearance  mean nothing to me , thata why I rarely talk about how good they looks. I prefer talk with people that has real pictute because I put mine, but I also talk with other that do mot put their identirty as long you talk as yourself.  I can rp abit but after sometime I got tire to.pretend and stop talks.

most women avi respon better than men avi. so more in my friendlist are women. but still I not talk much with people in SL. bcs 99℅ are hide their real.

You are still saying the same thing lol for such a long time. When are you going to realize that for most SL is an ESCAPE from RL? Just because you think people should think and act like you, and you get upset when they don't. People hide their real life for their own personal reasons. When will you understand that? LOL Cheers!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

@FelicityPage

nope not upset. I not ask people their real unless they told me willingly.

I not really use sl to socialize i have real, when covid i start work at home so i log there. and chat. but most the tima I am semi afk in SL. aka at other pc.

I just try to answer op.

for people that use sl to escape their rl well good lu k for them Iactually i dont really care about it 😁

• Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 188 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.