Oh no :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 246 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What? 
It is only 90 days and some hours left until Christmas.
Disney is already running a Christmas ad on TV for their park in Paris here in the Netherlands...
😁

/me starts singing: "Oh, the weather outside is frightful  But the fire is so delightful..... "

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Actually, thank you for the reminder - I must ask my family want they want for Xmas ASAP., so I can order and wrap everything before November 🎁🎄

Then in December, when everyone is freaking out about sold-out items, or the post office going on strike, or deliveries going missing, I can enjoy a stress-free cocktail and congratulate myself for being so efficient B|🍸  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, HeathcliffMontague said:

I see that the neighbours have already started getting their Christmas decorations up. I guess lag season starts earlier and earlier with each year :) 

No. No no no no no.

If I see Yule/solstice celebration stuff up before December 1st it drives me crazy.

Buying stuff is another thing but decorating? No, stop that.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

I am FURIOUS about the War on Halloween. We acknowledge no solstice holidays until spooky season is over and done. 

Most countries don't have Halloween as a big festivity, nor Thanksgiving, so no real reason to wait in these countries.
In 3-4 weeks the first Christmas markets will open at the garden centers over here.

Personally I've never put up Christmas decorations in real life until the first week of December and they are taken down the first week of the New Year.

In SL I follow the same schedule and it's all very toned down instead of the gigawatt in your face light shows that got popular a few years back.

Then again I am probably just a grumpy old sod.

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, Randy Pole said:

Personally I've never put up Christmas decorations in real life until the first week of December and they are taken down the first week of the New Year.

In SL I follow the same schedule and it's all very toned down instead of the gigawatt in your face light shows that got popular a few years back.

You're a good man, @Randy Pole.

• Like 2

Brazilians really like parties...Halloween here is of course imported from North Americans, but in RL that doesn't exist for me, in SL it's just another reason to invent crazy things, personally I don't do anything special for Christmas in RL, I take advantage the holiday to go to the beach, drink wodka with fruit. In SL I try to draw a completely surrealistic imaginary landscape in my house.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 246 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.