Can Linden Labs get more better last names?

Dianatique

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 269 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

48 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Better is totally subjective. What might be better for some might not be better for you.  What might be better for you might not be better for others.

While it is, there's certainly a few names that didn't appeal to almost anyone. You can use legacy (non web) search to get a rough idea of what's really popular and what is not. There are certain last names (new ones, not the ones before whole resident thing) that have around 15-25 users. Popular ones range from 500 to 1000 and probably some are even above it, can't say I did count them all.

Is it worth the place in already small list for months when it's that unpopular? Probably not.

Edited by steeljane42
  • Like 1

Just now, steeljane42 said:

While it is, there's certainly a few names that didn't appeal to almost anyone. You can use legacy (non web) search to get a rough idea of what's really popular and what is not. There are certain last names (new ones, not the ones before whole resident thing) that have around 15-25 users. Popular ones range from 500 to 1000 and probably some are even above it, can't say I did count them all.

When I got to change my name, I was happy as a kid in a candy store. When I got to get rid of Halebore Aeon and Get Sammy Huntsman. Huntsman felt like it fit me the best and well I jumped on it so fast. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

When I got to change my name, I was happy as a kid in a candy store. When I got to get rid of Halebore Aeon and Get Sammy Huntsman. Huntsman felt like it fit me the best and well I jumped on it so fast. 

I was pretty happy when I've changed mine, too (not on this account, however, it's perms testing/working one, it can live without one). Did it on the very first day they became available, then had to poke LL support and JIRA about a few leftover places where the old name was still shown until they fixed it around a month later, but still totally worth it for me. Like some others said it's vanity, but so is pretty much any other thing in SL.

Edited by steeljane42
typos
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Be funny if the Lab made new names available --- all related to FOOD! 🤣

Butters - Peanut Butters, Nutty Butters.

Scotch - Butter Scotch, Hop Scotch.

Berrie - Straw Berrie, BoyzN Berrie

Pie - Sweetie Pie, Pumpkin Pie, Rhubarb Pie

Cookie - Sugar Cookie, Cowboy Cookie, Animal Cookie

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Better is totally subjective. What might be better for some might not be better for you.  What might be better for you might not be better for others.

not all are that bad, and people don't like the last names, could always get rid of the "suzan1234564789" anc pick a bit nicer sounding version.

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Be funny if the Lab made new names available --- all related to FOOD! 🤣

Sausage is on the list of available names, I can imagine some people going for: Hotdog, Bierwurst, Currywurst, Bratwurst, Bockwurst, Weisswurst, Cumberland, Pork, Lorne, Cocktail, Wiener etc 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Sausage is on the list of available names, I can imagine some people going for: Hotdog, Bierwurst, Currywurst, Bratwurst, Bockwurst, Weisswurst, Cumberland, Pork, Lorne, Cocktail, Wiener etc 

Sausage - oh the possiblities are endless

Ivor Sausage

Ivorbig Sausage

Tuchmi Sausage

PippiLong Sausage

Floppy Sausage

I shan't go on

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

I imagine people are more likely to go for a "Footlong Sausage" than a "Cocktail Sausage".

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Whilst I might upset many long time "oldbies" I do think that LL need to reconsider their stance on recycling the surnames previously used as there were hundreds of great ones there that people would want (and all the silly combinations will have been taken 'cause that's what we all did with a disposable alt when a new surname came out).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Randy Pole said:

I do think that LL need to reconsider their stance on recycling the surnames previously used as there were hundreds of great ones there that people would want

Totally agree and have said so before.  Is there some coding or backstage/under-the-hood reason it would be difficult or impossible to do?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:
3 hours ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

The list needs more Polish names, like Prlwytzkofsky.

... or German words like Brotkasten or Kleiderschrank

I vote for names with more Swedish Chef words, like "Bork".

Translator: https://funtranslations.com/chef

Some Words: from https://www.wordnik.com/lists/the-swedish-chef

børk
egg der chef
børk børk børk
poppin' corn
kaboof
flip flip flip flip
hokey dokey
cakensmooscher
beency-bouncy burgers
moofin
boome-a-shooten
boom-boom
flappen-jacken
yom yom yom
pork
fork
bork

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 269 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.