Please Sir, I want more

Teresa Firelight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 227 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

ok, I am not Oliver Twist, but his famous catch phrase describes how a lot of people feel about the ranch homes.

I am a BelliMentor and a lot of people are asking me how they can get a Ranch home, as the land page seems to be "sold out."

I think the Moles and LL have done a fantastic job on both building and releasing the Ranch homes. I am guessing they are working as fast as they can to make more Ranch Home regions. And their production has been amazing. But... just as the initial Linden homes release in 2019 .. demand remains high and the current supply is not enough for everyone who wants one.

In short, the SL community wants even  MORE!

• Like 8

Imagine how excited they'll be when there's a new 2048 m theme to choose from.

I bet LL has learned that many people really do want a bigger lot with more land impact, and they're willing to pay more to have it. 

It's so much work to make new themes though. Maybe they could make some 2048 m parcels with existing home styles for regions that haven't been fully developed yet?

Newbrook homes on double-sized parcels could maybe be added into those empty spaces by the North-Eastern passage to the Blake Sea?

Victorians on double-sized parcels would probably be popular too.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 6

28 minutes ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

I you really wanted people to go nuts, give them houseboats and stilts on the water on 2048 parcels.

I'd also vote for a camper on a 2048 but that's just me and I suspect I'm in a small crowd on that one. It's sort of the 'Sims4 Tiny Homes' challenge - but in SL.

Oh Yes! I vote for 2048 m Houseboats running up the Northwestern coast of the Newbrooks into the Northern Houseboat area. It should be easy peasy to make double sized houseboat parcels.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Oh Yes! I vote for 2048 m Houseboats running up the Northwestern coast of the Newbrooks into the Northern Houseboat area. It should be easy peasy to make double sized houseboat parcels.

Ugh, no....can you see all kinds of things floating around with that much available water space :(

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Good point. Besides, some people would likely just make a bigger deck.

Yeah a 2048 on water would probably need special rules about what could be rezzed on it and even special rules about the security systems. The point of such regions would be lots of open water not lots of nasty decks, size-compensation units (yachts / giant boats ;) ) and prim islands. If it could lead to those it'd be a bad idea to make such regions.

I don't have a mermaid alt - but I sure would if I had that much open water. And I do like sailing - but I personally think any boat bigger than a Bandit 50 is an eyesore. The bandit 50 is itself bigger than I like to see, but it's on the edge of my tolerance like living near a drunkard for a neighbor who at least stays indoors. ;)

Other folks like their islands and decks, and probably glance sideways at open water folks like me.

Tastes vary but if they expanded out water locations and those tastes came into conflict over decks or no decks and giant boats or no - too much drama to be worth it.

Edited by UnilWay SpiritWeaver
  • Like 5

This thought on the idea of open water lots has me thinking of why it took so long to see the 2048 ranches, and why it's the only 2048 style we've got so far.

A lot of styles by their nature would cause people to rez all kinds of 'junk' out on the 'lawn'. Optional buildings, piles of cars and planes, or whatever.

Ranch by it's nature feels like it should be a lot of open space. The temptation to rez a junkyard complete with animesh guard dog is a tad smaller than it they had done trads on 2048s.

Before we see another 2048 style, they're probably thinking through how much hassle it will be to deal with covenant issues on whatever they go for.

• Like 2

I'm not sure about that (Other than the houseboats/stilts, which I think people would go crazy trying to fill up the water space, lol)...the benefit for me in the 2048's is the additional prim allowance, not the amount of space around me, so blowing the additonal LI on exterior stuff would defeat the purpose, IMO.  In all previous themes, I never had enough LI to really complete the interior of the house, especially the larger models :(  I will be the first to admit, that I'm spoiled.  I won't use lesser quality stuff for the lower prim.  The ranches are the first one where I love my interior and could use what I wanted.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

This thought on the idea of open water lots has me thinking of why it took so long to see the 2048 ranches, and why it's the only 2048 style we've got so far.

Well, progress on a new theme up in the SSP zone is proceeding pretty rapidly, which leads me to speculate that it is another 2048 theme.  They just added another couple of regions, bringing the total up to 10.  You'd expect it to be done when 35 or so new regions are complete.  That gives them quite a few blocks of "tiles" that they can quickly assemble into subcontinents.

image.png.ecf50650cb44e4fef9825d38c9ce1163.png

The ranches were just released at the end of June, and then got an update Aug. 4th.  Personally, I would look for a 'hint' around Halloween, and release in December?  Maybe? 

There are probably a lot of variables that go into committing to a LH release date.  The moles are always busy in the fall on other projects like Shop N Hops etc..  Maybe there will be some work on LH coastlines?   *crosses fingers* 

Plus, the new welcome & Belli hubs are great steps toward closing the original Linden Home continents, which Patch has hinted may be on the horizon.  Maybe in 2024?  Note that they have a lot of unreleased regions that might be used to soften the blow of closing those - the entire Fantasy coastline, Newbrookes, Chalets, Houseboats, and now even Vics.  More Stilts would be fairly easy to deploy. I'm sure there will be Ranches on hand at that time as well.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Well, progress on a new theme up in the SSP zone is proceeding pretty rapidly, which leads me to speculate that it is another 2048 theme.  They just added another couple of regions, bringing the total up to 10.  You'd expect it to be done when 35 or so new regions are complete.  That gives them quite a few blocks of "tiles" that they can quickly assemble into subcontinentPlus, the new welcome & Belli hubs are great steps toward closing the original Linden Home continents, which Patch has hinted may be on the horizon.  Maybe in 2024?  Note that they have a lot of unreleased regions that might be used to soften the blow of closing those - the entire Fantasy coastline, Newbrookes, Chalets, Houseboats, and now even Vics.  More Stilts would be fairly easy to deploy. I'm sure there will be Ranches on hand at that time as well.

The old Linden Homes use only 512 m of tier. Some of the people there have definitely allocated part of their tier to other groups or mainland parcels. Maybe LL should add some small 512 m Fantasy Homes on the coast? Currently the only 512 m choices are in Campers, Newbrook, or Sakura homes. A few 512 m A-frames or cottages might be nice too, if there were any room for them, since the old Tahoe theme is still fairly popular. (That was always my choice when I had an old Linden Home.)

• Like 6

I do not know why it took LL so long time to get the 2048's ready. Maybe too little staff, maybe other things we will not be told about. SL is about profit, they do not hire more people just to speed up things. Even if people on the forum vented about the time it took, I am sure it was fewer than we thought.

What would make me cry and pay PPlus, would be fancy modern houses. I do not ask them to copy Trompe Loeil styles, but they could at least do nicer than Newbrooke. They said Newbrooke is container houses, yes? Or do I remember wrong?

I want designer modern houses. And not more black wood and bricks. (Yes, I know it isn't all black, but oh so dark)

I do not like the ranch landscaping. It is a good theme, but it is not my personal kind of style. 

New Victorians on 2048 would be good too.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 6

42 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I do not know why it took LL so long time to get the 2048's ready. ...

I do not like the ranch landscaping. It is a good theme, but it is not my personal kind of style. 

New Victorians on 2048 would be good too.

Re: delay --- It did seem to me that there was an unexpected LH schedule slowdown last fall, maybe some Moles were pulled away to work on one of LL's partnerships?   But then they did the several projects they had talked about doing before a new theme, remember?  They did the open floorplan+MyColor Trads, and the new Houseboat models, and the open floorplan Vics, and a bunch of coastline.  (Plus the April Fool Alien Incursions, which I loved).  

I really like the ranches, but since I have VERY little time in SL right now, and I'm not budgeting any more money for SL, I decided to pass.  

I agree that Vics on 2048 would be terrific.  But LL seemed pretty clear that 2048 versions of older themes will not be coming.  Never say never, tho!

• Like 3

I am sure they have to think of future 2048 releases.  As soon as they release the next theme, a ton of premiums plussers will drop their ranch (or a few of their many ranches) and move.  This will open up a LOT of real estate that will remain open.  No one knows when the next release will be, but if they make the ranch lands too big, they will sit empty like chalets and fantasy homes.

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Teresa Firelight said:

I am a bit confused why people keep talking about the next 2048 release. Did Patch or Derrick say something about another 2048 release that I missed?

I know there are more releases scheduled, but has Linden Lab said anything about them being Premium Plus Homes?

There is a second 2048 parcel in addition to the ranch parcel in the LH demo hub with ‘coming soon’ or some such notice.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

13 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I am sure they have to think of future 2048 releases.  As soon as they release the next theme, a ton of premiums plussers will drop their ranch (or a few of their many ranches) and move.  This will open up a LOT of real estate that will remain open.  No one knows when the next release will be, but if they make the ranch lands too big, they will sit empty like chalets and fantasy homes.

A very good point, I think LL has seen how it went with Alpinesseria and Fantasseria, with over 50% vacant homes.  And even Sakusseria, that was super popular and all talked about it... had 49% empty homes according to BonnieBots, when the bots was allowed in Bellisseria. I saved one of the statistics in February.

But Ranchland is a more general theme and a classic Americana style. I think it will never go the way down to 50% unoccupied, even if 1-2-3 more PPlus styles is added.

I think LL plays it safe and will not make more homes that will please few citizens very much, but instead going for the broader public. I guess the next will be a more posh take on the Traditional/general house theme, or a posh modern theme (yesssssssssss).

• Like 5

What I would like is a release of the regular homes on 1024 but with double prims but putting more space between lots.  Traditional and Victorians specifically.  

Edited by Sam1 Bellisserian
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

I love the extra prims with the 2048! But I was surprised that all the lots were rectangular. Some people have done spectacular jobs decorating the rectangular lots using the back yard as a farm and/or stable area. Mine is kind of empty and I would have kept trying for the square.

With 2048m2 you can only make 64x32 parcels. Any other shape would have to have corners cut out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@Eirynne Sieyes

What he's saying is that you can't make a square in SL with 2048 square meters. 

Most 1024 m Linden Home parcels are 32m × 32m. The rectangular Houseboat parcels are 16m x 64m. The Ranch Homes are 32m x 64m. 

I'm proposing double lot houseboat parcels which would also be 32m x 64m. The LDPW probably can't rework existing regions to have this size and shape for Linden Home parcels, but they could make new regions with this size. I think this would be especially easy to design with houseboats, since often they're just laid out in a row along a shoreline pier.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 227 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.