LaraX?

Rowan Amore

Many, many pages ago I tried to dissuade some from drawing conclusions about whether or not clothing would fit based on assumptions made while viewing pictures, or from saying the difference between the bodies is so small that it's nearly nothing. I tried. 

That said, the changes are small. If you place one body inside another you might not notice the changes right away, but those small changes have made huge differences. For me those differences are absolutely beautiful. All the little things that bothered me are gone. I will lovingly spend money dressing this body. But I'm not going to just jump out and buy anything just to put clothes on her. Luckily I've already found really nice, well fitting clothing for my PetiteX. I haven't even started looking for Blush yet. She's wearing the LaraX, but she works all the time and Debi gets the money to spend.

There's a growing list of merchants who have clothing in LaraX and PetiteX sizes available in the group notices for the Maitreya Lara Friends group. We may have a hard time keeping that list updated because the new arrivals are coming quickly.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 5

When the announcement slipped by accident earlier in the year, and all the chatter started, I knew that most of my 5.3 clothing would not fit.  This new body is so lovely, and my shape has barely changed.  Some minor tweaks will be needed.  That said, I don't expect 75% or more of my closet to fit LaraX.  I never thought that.  Most of what I have seen out for LaraX I would never wear, and I am not buying just to put clothes on the new and improved LaraX, and I don't run around naked on beaches either.  I will continue to wear the Lara 5.3 as updates to my current clothing items (if any), and new purchases made will be specifically for LaraX.  I have too much invested in my closet for 5.3.  Not getting rid of it.  I'll switch between both.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Cougar Sangria said:

When the announcement slipped by accident earlier in the year, and all the chatter started, I knew that most of my 5.3 clothing would not fit.  This new body is so lovely, and my shape has barely changed.  Some minor tweaks will be needed.  That said, I don't expect 75% or more of my closet to fit LaraX.  I never thought that.  Most of what I have seen out for LaraX I would never wear, and I am not buying just to put clothes on the new and improved LaraX, and I don't run around naked on beaches either.  I will continue to wear the Lara 5.3 as updates to my current clothing items (if any), and new purchases made will be specifically for LaraX.  I have too much invested in my closet for 5.3.  Not getting rid of it.  I'll switch between both.

I did a simple search in marketplace for lara X and there are thousands of results, all of which have nothing to do with Lara X. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, SpiritSparrow Skydancer said:

I did a simple search in marketplace for lara X and there are thousands of results, all of which have nothing to do with Lara X. lol

I've found that "LaraX" gets correct (if currently much fewer) results.

"Lara X" with the space gets literally Lara + X, hence everything with Lara and Belle Gen X, sadly.

And wow, the Lara Friends group is a very active place indeed. Apparently Addams is already updating some of their stuff.

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Vanity Fair said:

Here's what I think is going to happen with respect to Lara versus LaraX:

We are probably going to be going back and forth between Lara 5.3 and LaraX for 2-3 years. People aren't going to throw out all their old outfits, and I doubt that many creators will choose to go back and re-rig apparel for LaraX. Like Salt & Pepper has already announced, what will likely happen for most vendors will have a cut-off for Lara, probably as of right now, and from this time forward, everything will be for LaraX only. I cannot see vendors rigging for both bodies, especially when they're also rigging for Legacy, Reborn, Kupra, etc. etc. What I don't know is how many creators will bend to pressure to rig for both Lara and LaraX.

However, the silver lining will be that a large amount of Lara 5.3 clothing will eventually land up in the freebie/cheapie bin, which is great news for all the female alts I have that use the Lucybody Atenea body, which is Maitreya Lara 5.3-compatible! (Except for the feet, which are Slink-compatible. However, if you get the latest version of Atenea from the store (30?, I think), there is a new button which has Maitreya Lara-compatible high-heeled feet!)

I really do not expect that there will be many sales or bargains in LaraX apparel. Vendors are probably going to want to take advantage of Second Life fashionistas' natural desire to buy outfits to fit the new LaraX body. Some will no doubt choose to stay with Lara 5.3, but they will face a dwindling supply of clothing (much like what is already happening with Belleza Freya and other discontinued bodies).

Anyway, my $0.02 (Canadian).

The bolded: I think you are right here.

The italic: I doubt we will get 5.3 stuff for free. But the creators will use it in the weekend sales. I have to pay close attention to what I buy now. I do not need to buy more 5.3 clothes, unless it is special Victorian clothes or similar. Maybe we can get some past gachas that was rigged for Lara cheaper now. Some of it is really special and rare. Stores sell their old, full gachas for 3000 - 5000L.

• Like 3

I just went to Dubai and noticed a few designers already had LaraX in their items. While I'm still using Legacy for the time being, availability of LaraX sizing is definitely going to influence my full-price purchases at events. Already at Dubai I passed on three items I would have likely purchased had the seller included a LaraX version.

• Like 2

This update is just as I expected for lingerie and other things that is skin tight. So no surprises there ar all.

I was pleasantly surprised that I could wear so much other things. I can buy sweaters, coats, capes, capulets, boleros etc. And use those I have. I was afraid the shoulder rigging would give them nasty folds, but they look the same. I am so happy for the included Velour skins.

The new alpha cuts is a bit troublesome. I wonder if I can kill the scripts in the body, so the scripted 5.3 clothes do not work. And add a save stick instead.

I will probably use 5.3 for my "dressed" looks, just to save time making alpha sticks. And Lara X when I wear lingerie or bathing suits.

The items I really wish will be updated, is the Ball Jointed doll from Salt & Pepper, the Descent dress from Toksik and the mesh Pantyhose / stockings sets from Erratic.

ISON is already selling their older clothes, in new sizes and new colors. They set it out in weekend sales first, before they go up to full price. You can get a redelivery if you bought the fatpacks previously. Only the fatpacks. That is a really good idea, and I hope it continues for Lara X.

TL. DR: I am happy with Lara X.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, SpiritSparrow Skydancer said:

Searching for 'lara x' will include everything that has 'lara' or an 'x' in it. You can either put it within citation marks ("Lara X") or skip the space (LaraX), it'll probably take a little while before people settle on how to name the sizing on the MP (I'm leaning towards 'LaraX', as I reckon most people don't know how to do Boolean searches). 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

Legacy was a new body; LaraX is a free update REPLACEMENT INTENDED TO DEPRECATE a well-supported body

Fixed that for you.

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

'm waiting to see if she updates but you can only get the update with one of the weekend sales

Group notices inworld, they have no plans to update the back catalogue at this time.

Meanwhile another store sent out a notice that they may update the older sets, but you will have to RE-PURCHASE to get the Not-Lara -Anymore sizes included.

So basically no consistency, some won't update at all, some will only include in new items, some will update but you haver to buy all over again, etc.

Re: the bum dimples (aka Dimples of Venus, thanks Michelangelo 🙄). It is really dependent on the BoM skin you use. The included Velour ones do accentuate them, while both of my TheSkinnery skins really make them far less noticeable. See the photo below, wearing my usual BoM from TheSkinnery.

I've also found that a lot of my looser clothes (for example, a recent sweater and shorts set from Neve) fit fine with only one or two extra alphas needed.

butt-dimples.thumb.jpg.20279a42085e65132412910e7010c415.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

So basically no consistency, some won't update at all, some will only include in new items, some will update but you haver to buy all over again, etc.

To be fair...

Just because I bought Windows 95 back in 1995 doesn't entitle me to a free copy of Windows 11.

At some point people gotta realize that the $1.95 they spent years ago has to have earned it's value and so maybe the maker should be allowed to earn money again when they labor for hours to make a new version.

I'm kinda surprised any of these updates are being done free - even the body update. I guess the owners of the Maitreya brand also have other brands they earn money out of.

Right... told myself I was moving on... need to actually do that... :)

Edited by UnilWay SpiritWeaver
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Lara X may not fit with most appealing 5.3 outfits out there, but as winter and xmas season draw near, I see less impact on clothing than the nasty hot summer season around a swimming pool.  Though it's sad to see some of them will slowly drift away but hey new body comes out every once a while so we should just cheer for Maitreya.

Btw no one mentioned, but LaraX Petite is now a stand alone product, so to those don't have Lara and want a petite version it's another choice and will save an extra 599L

Also, Black Friday sale could be in 3 days...😉

f6f79e8c785916a3cfca830b99c7d7b4.png

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

Regarding redelivery terminals, is it possible to bookmark the Caspertech redelivery page you are directed to? It seems that could be a good way to trigger a redelivery without having to visit a terminal.

The Lara HUD has a re-delivery button so no need to go to the store unless you also have Maitreya Petite.

Either way, people are being very good and the store is crowded but not difficult to get into. People are mostly arriving, grabbing the re-deliveries, and then leaving, thankfully.

One thing I have noticed are the better elbows in most resting positions. In 5.3 you could sometimes see what I'd describe as the end of a 1x2 stick joint poking back, now it's much smoother.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

'm kinda surprised any of these updates are being done free - even the body update.

"Hi, we made a new version of our very popular body, called Laura, shes got skinnier arms and legs than Lara, weird shoulders, weird crotch, and a huge unreducable ass, and NO Lara clothing will fit her, there will be some Laura clothing available, but unless you are into certain mass market looks, you'll have to wait a year or three to get enough piieces to make an outfit!

Laura will be on sale soon for L$3000, we hope all of you will buy one..."

*sound of crickets*

"So who is going to buy one? Somebody? anybody? Come on guys, we can deprecate Lara and start over from scratch, so that in 8 years Laura will be the number 10 body in SL behind all the brands that didn't copy Slinks mistakes!"

The Not-Update is free, because they would have a hard time selling a NEW body with limited clothing options, just as the Failamon & Whai bodies did, and the FailX bodies did, and the other body released same time as the FailX, that nobody remembers at all now a mere year later, did.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Re: Lara vs LaraX clothing ...

Can someone either explain in very small, simple words and steps how to do the /95 [part of the outfit name] delete trick to me to get the auto hide alphas or scripts or whatever out of the handful of favourite outfits I want to try to wear so I can just manually alpha using the HUD? Or point me to a relevant video tutorial?

I try it and nothing seems to happen.

Thanks!

• Like 1

My thicc look with LaraX. I already noticed an improvement with my slimmer builds (not really slim IMO as I boost things slightly but anyway) but this... might have fooled me into thinking this was Erika if I didn't know it was LaraX. 

And ya, the dimple issue is there with the skin I'm using here. I don't mind it for now lol

Sporting the included Addams lingerie here. 

ETA, trying out a LaraX dress demo from Carol's Store... eeepppp, it's freaking cool! Fits well... my RL guy needs a break now LOL :P bye!

PuertoBanana_WolfLand-JF-1110023_009.thumb.jpg.eec575f210e6efe8f593312f21ca6f12.jpgPuertoBanana_WolfLand-JF-1110023_010.thumb.jpg.400a62121605020423707fbef753faec.jpgPuertoBanana_WolfLand-JF-1110023_008.jpg

Edited by JeromFranzic
added LaraX dress demo photos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, SpiritSparrow Skydancer said:

search "Lara X" :) going to be important to use the quotes now, without them you get a bunch of irrelevant results.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

Re: Lara vs LaraX clothing ...

Can someone either explain in very small, simple words and steps how to do the /95 [part of the outfit name] delete trick to me to get the auto hide alphas or scripts or whatever out of the handful of favourite outfits I want to try to wear so I can just manually alpha using the HUD?

I try it and nothing seems to happen.

Thanks!

I need to experiment but here: https://sl-maitreya.blogspot.com/p/alpha-auto-hide.html

Not sure what "part" of the item name means though, that seems quite weird. Will investigate!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

"Hi, we made a new version of our very popular body, called Laura, shes got skinnier arms and legs than Lara, weird shoulders, weird crotch, and a huge unreducable ass, and NO Lara clothing will fit her, there will be some Laura clothing available, but unless you are into certain mass market looks, you'll have to wait a year or three to get enough piieces to make an outfit!

Laura will be on sale soon for L$3000, we hope all of you will buy one..."

*sound of crickets*

"So who is going to buy one? Somebody? anybody? Come on guys, we can deprecate Lara and start over from scratch, so that in 8 years Laura will be the number 10 body in SL behind all the brands that didn't copy Slinks mistakes!"

The Not-Update is free, because they would have a hard time selling a NEW body with limited clothing options, just as the Failamon & Whai bodies did, and the FailX bodies did, and the other body released same time as the FailX, that nobody remembers at all now a mere year later, did.

Use whatever body you like, but leave your negativity at the door.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1