Ranch Theme

diamond Marchant

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 170 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 7/3/2023 at 10:57 PM, Fay Starlight said:

I am annoyed by all these mostly out of theme pools! 😠 But especially because people seem to have started to make them 1024 size to fill the other half of the parcel....o.O 🤪

What are the cows and horses supposed to drink out of?

I put The Black Forest's new Giant Causeways game in the middle of the back 40 because it's sort of a pool but I may add a pond.

The guy next to me has an above-ground inflatable type pool and I actually heard him walking about and muttering about my yard as an example of why nimbyism exists (?!). I put out a lot of switch grass from Finca and not much else so far. 

• Haha 2

On 7/3/2023 at 4:07 PM, Elora Lunasea said:

Any idea why the content packs don't include fences or interior trim textures? Hope we get an updated pack!

I can see why they may never add this because they already have so much fencing all over. I gave up trying to fit any fencing I already owned to this yard because it doesn't match.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

It is the ultimate tragedy that my last sion chicken, Le Cert Agile, died just as I was decorating our ranch today. There is no more food left (I sold the last food to a tenant who adores them). Their creator left SL and didn't keep the healing kiti and food out for sale. They really were the greatest of pets, more affectionate than KittyKats even. I don't want any other chicken breedable or even any KittyCat while I go through a period of mourning. 

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 1
  • Sad 14

3 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

It is the ultimate tragedy that my last sion chicken, Le Cert Agile, died just as I was decorating our ranch today. There is no more food left (I sold the last food to a tenant who adores them). Their creator left SL and didn't keep the healing kiti and food out for sale. They really were the greatest of pets, more affectionate than KittyKats even. I don't want any other chicken breedable or even any KittyCat while I go through a period of mourning. 

Have you considered making chicken soup? Le Cert would be honored.

ETA: I hope this doesn't mean you will have to buy eggs. Have you see the price of eggs lately?

Edited by Love Zhaoying

My next-door neighbour has not one but two elephants roaming her yard. I suppose they are social animals so it would be cruel if there were just one.

(Also, my garden is on a slope, so when I abandon this place I suspect it is staying on the land page forever, lol.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

Apologies if this has been brought up before, but there are two empty regions in Ranch Land. Neither of them have coloured borders around them, just totally empty.

Any clues what will happen to both of them? Are they for those horse riders amongst us, to ride wildly around, with total abandon?

Oh, they are called Blind Pete and Overall.

Edited by Anthony Marques
Added Region names

More Ranch regions have shown up, not on the map yet, and we're not allowed into them to explore.  They fill the blank spot between Catamount Ridge and Split Rock, and up the void edge to Gilead (at least).  Currently I think there are at least 6 regions, and a couple of them look familiar, perhaps one of the tiles I noticed earlier?  They are populated with houses and landscaping, perhaps they'll come available for the weekend.

• Like 4

Thirteen new Ranch regions have appeared on the World Map today. Ten of them contain Ranch houses, while another three are empty Homestead sims, like at Blind Pete and Overall.

Ranchexpansion20July2023.thumb.png.167085a9be58649ec5064cd5bfcbf060.png

The thirteen new regions are named as:

Polka Time

Redpath Quarry, Always Saturday, Parsimony, French Kiln, Deaf Mule

Klikitat, Flapjack, Briar Hill (Homestead), Bobcat Ridge (Homestead), Junco (Homestead)

Cradle Rock, Tubman

Homestead regions have a 20 person capacity and an allowance of only 5,000 prims.

Edited by SarahKB7 Koskinen
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

... The thirteen new regions are named as:

Polka Time  ...

FINALLY an opportunity to use the Ukranian Polka ring dance!  FAR, where are you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7QGnMUtge8

Tho I think the individual couples version is more what I think of on the rare occasions when I think POLKA!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5Z3t3MTGqo

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Thirteen new Ranch regions have appeared on the World Map today. Ten of them contain Ranch houses, while another three are empty Homestead sims, like at Blind Pete and Overall.

Ranchexpansion20July2023.thumb.png.167085a9be58649ec5064cd5bfcbf060.png

The thirteen new regions are named as:

Polka Time

Redpath Quarry, Always Saturday, Parsimony, French Kiln, Deaf Mule

Klikitat, Flapjack, Briar Hill (Homestead), Bobcat Ridge (Homestead), Junco (Homestead)

Cradle Rock, Tubman

Homestead regions have a 20 person capacity and an allowance of only 5,000 prims.

Now that as a Homestead would be an amazing thing to own. Very tempting to go PP+ and apply for those before a landlord scoops them up.

How do you go about doing that I wonder?

Edited by Katherine Heartsong

• Administrators
On 7/21/2023 at 1:32 PM, Thea Amethyst said:

@Patch Linden Are you referring to Ruby Falls?

Yep!  I remember kid me having seen the two always advertised together... Still are in many places.   Today as adult me I drive up through that area like Clark Griswold in European Vacation and replace "Look kids, Big Ben... Parliament!" with "Oh look, See Rock City.... Ruby Falls!" for every sign I see.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 170 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.