**NEWSFLASH** Linden Lab Prepares for "Significant Milestone"

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 386 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

33 minutes ago, AzureWaves said:

They think being in business 20 yrs is a milestone - so SLB celebrates that each year. I don't think we're getting any other milestones.

Then, if nothing else, I hope you are surprised by being wrong - even if they "milestone" turns out to be a disappointment. I assume it's not "just" SL20B, since we all knew about that and Patch's phrasing hinted at more.  It could just be some special big # of users since the start, total # houses build, etc. 

I guess we'll find out!

"Milestone" is one of those "squishy" words, to me it only implies "recognition" of something, not necessarily a new accomplishment we weren't already privy to.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

"We are merging with a certain social network and legs will be removed from all avatars next week."  🤣

You laugh .. but they got legs, and not just any legs, legs that can jump. That is an insanely crazy big deal and everyone just shrugs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

You laugh .. but they got legs, and not just any legs, legs that can jump. That is an insanely crazy big deal and everyone just shrugs.

How is their jump different than my Page Up jump in SL?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I actually figured that they were finally going to release the 2048 sqm Linden Homes -- to be unveiled at the SL20 Birthday Bash.

Just to feed the rumors:
According to normally well informed circles, it will be a ranch theme.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sid Nagy said:

Nux sounds a bit like the Dutch word niks. 
Niks means nothing.

That's about the amount of time I'm gonna  spend on being excited about whatever the heck it is that they are trying to make us excited about..

I really don't do anticipation or hold my breath in excitement anymore when it comes to companies trying to keep me in suspense.. It's been over done so much that that grind stone doesn't grind anymore..

Wait and see what we got coming you guys!!..

Tell ya what, just let me know when it's here, I have better things to do.. hehehe

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Tell ya what, just let me know when it's here, I have better things to do.. hehehe

I will haz a sad when there is no unicorn involved or a pony though.

• Like 3

Here is the thing that irritates the Hell out of me..

When they don't know when something is coming, they'll tell you all about what's coming..

When they know when something is coming.. It's super secret time, but it's really really great, but juss can't tell ya whut it is! \o/

Hey kids It's time for Blues Clues!

9_9

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Maybe it was a typo, and we're just getting a new millstone to carry around?

No. I think it means Linden Lab is cooking up a really, really big pot of soup. It will be a significant minestrone.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Dear Recalcitrant Old Linden Homes Occupier, GOOD NEWS! To celebrate our 20th milestone, you have been relocated to the swanky new social housing bellybutton estate here :  < some random place> Where you will LOVE IT! OK!!!

Dear Even More Recalcitrant Old Linden Mainland Occupier, GOOD NEWS! To celebrate our 20th milestone, the Linden mainland parcel buy price has been reduced to L$1 regardless of parcel size. If you gunna keep on being recalcitrant then you can now be HAPPILY MORE Recalcitrant (postcalcitrant even !!!) for CHEAPER buy in !!! How FABULOUS is that !!

Dear Grumpy Forum Regulars, GOOD NEWS! To celebrate our 20th milestone, we turning our forums into a ETERNAL HAPPY PLACE, so you all banned ok !! The about 3 forum regulars left will get HEAPS OF LIKES and POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT from the other about two people. Which will be way cool, like way way, totally even !!

Dear Even More Grumpy Regular Marketplace Much Loved Valued People, To celebrate our 20th milestone, we going to add a whole lot more technical infrastructure so that you can vent as much as you like for as long as you like anytime you want !! Will be AWESOME !! Going forward into the BRIGHT NEW FUTURE  is all about your 1st AMENDMENT RIGHT TO VENT !!! Nobody Linden will listen to all vents and absolutely protect your RIGHT TO VENT. How important is that!! To have your 1st AMENDMENT RIGHTS leveled up like this !!!

Dear Long Suffering Potato Computer Users !! GOOD NEWS! To celebrate our 20th milestone,  we going to change up the minimum hardware specs to login. This will immediately heal you from ALL YOUR SUFFERING !! This will be TOTALLY BENEFICIAL TO YOUR HEALTH. Is this WONDERFUL or what !! FREE AT LAST from all your suffering !!!

Dear Long Time Estate people complaining about random visitors Even More Valued Customers, To celebrate our 20th milestone, we going to claim the middle 32 sqm meters of all your regions for public use.  This will GOOD FOR YOU as you will have nothing to complain about anymore, as the 32sqm will not belong to you, so your grounds for worry and consternation will be removed. This will be REMOVE A WHOLE LOT OF ANGST that you currently experiencing ok !!!

Dear Boss Linden, can I have a job in the Making Stuff Up department please !! I be really good at the job ok !! Like really really !! even if I do say so myself with humility andl hesitation. Thank you !!!

:)

ps. This all said cheekily, Linden have made some major improvements to Second Life since the change in ownership. And while I do still have some pet wants, I am pretty happy with how things have turned out. So am feeling confident that what Linden are indicating is to come will be an actual benefit to SL and us as residents

!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I had to smile at the "compact company" text :D.   While it LIKELY just meant SL20B (plots opened for building today and since I had prebuilt I am mostly done).   BUT I am HOPING that the 2048 Belli homes will be unveiled along with the new avatars.  

Fingers crossed. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
spelling
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, elleevelyn said:

Dear Recalcitrant Old Linden Homes Occupier, GOOD NEWS! To celebrate our 20th milestone, you have been relocated to the swanky new social housing bellybutton estate here :  < some random place> Where you will LOVE IT! OK!!!

Dear Even More Recalcitrant Old Linden Mainland Occupier, GOOD NEWS! To celebrate our 20th milestone, the Linden mainland parcel buy price has been reduced to L$1 regardless of parcel size. If you gunna keep on being recalcitrant then you can now be HAPPILY MORE Recalcitrant (postcalcitrant even !!!) for CHEAPER buy in !!! How FABULOUS is that !!

Dear Grumpy Forum Regulars, GOOD NEWS! To celebrate our 20th milestone, we turning our forums into a ETERNAL HAPPY PLACE, so you all banned ok !! The about 3 forum regulars left will get HEAPS OF LIKES and POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT from the other about two people. Which will be way cool, like way way, totally even !!

Dear Even More Grumpy Regular Marketplace Much Loved Valued People, To celebrate our 20th milestone, we going to add a whole lot more technical infrastructure so that you can vent as much as you like for as long as you like anytime you want !! Will be AWESOME !! Going forward into the BRIGHT NEW FUTURE  is all about your 1st AMENDMENT RIGHT TO VENT !!! Nobody Linden will listen to all vents and absolutely protect your RIGHT TO VENT. How important is that!! To have your 1st AMENDMENT RIGHTS leveled up like this !!!

Dear Long Suffering Potato Computer Users !! GOOD NEWS! To celebrate our 20th milestone,  we going to change up the minimum hardware specs to login. This will immediately heal you from ALL YOUR SUFFERING !! This will be TOTALLY BENEFICIAL TO YOUR HEALTH. Is this WONDERFUL or what !! FREE AT LAST from all your suffering !!!

Dear Long Time Estate people complaining about random visitors Even More Valued Customers, To celebrate our 20th milestone, we going to claim the middle 32 sqm meters of all your regions for public use.  This will GOOD FOR YOU as you will have nothing to complain about anymore, as the 32sqm will not belong to you, so your grounds for worry and consternation will be removed. This will be REMOVE A WHOLE LOT OF ANGST that you currently experiencing ok !!!

Dear Boss Linden, can I have a job in the Making Stuff Up department please !! I be really good at the job ok !! Like really really !! even if I do say so myself with humility andl hesitation. Thank you !!!

:)

ps. This all said cheekily, Linden have made some major improvements to Second Life since the change in ownership. And while I do still have some pet wants, I am pretty happy with how things have turned out. So am feeling confident that what Linden are indicating is to come will be an actual benefit to SL and us as residents

!

I would like to nominate this for the ALL TIME BEST POST award (except for the ps part).

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 386 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.