New Feature: Scripted Agent Estate Access Discussion

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 279 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, Galaxy Littlepaws said:

This is an excellent option for estate owners, and I'm glad to see the clarification of the scripted agent policy.

When may this appear as an option on Mainland, as someone who owns a mainland region? The enter/leave spam is rather annoying when I'm sitting and working on something and keeping an eye out for newcomers who may have questions or need help with something.

So, could they avoid throwing the baby out with the bathwater by giving you a viewer setting to suppress notifications about scripted agents' comings and goings?

Edited by Jennifer Boyle

1 minute ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

So, could they avoid throwing the baby out with the bathwater by giving you a viewer setting to suppress notifications about scripted agents' comings and goings?

I use a security system for that, and I haven't found a way to check if the profile belongs to a bot or not using LSL. If I could then I could solve the issue in a more creative way. I may ask on the proper forum to be 100% certain.

I use a scripted agent myself that sits on my land and I just wish to be able to choose not to have any others coming and going at all hours without filling my ban list for no good reason. As the owner of the land, I feel that it's me right to allow or deny avatars as I see fit. I'm not calling for a ban everywhere, I just think people should be able to choose.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Galaxy Littlepaws said:

The enter/leave spam is rather annoying when I'm sitting and working on something and keeping an eye out for newcomers who may have questions or need help with something.

Exactly this!

This is my issue with bots, and always was. They are disruptive to both my work and enjoyment of my land. Real people are welcome to disrupt me, except the one who attached himself to me with a follower script and 'abused' me. Even that gave me a bit of a laugh (I took 30 seconds to eject it) which a bot wouldn't have done.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

I'm guessing those notifications are by script, but unfortunately scripts are not able to tell if an agent has been identified as scripted or not. Nor can we tell in the viewer. This seems unfortunate, inasmuch as we're now recognized as having a critical role in enforcement of the policy.

• Like 2

On the mainland parcel I own, the Estate owner is listed as (nobody).  Maybe that's why they can't add the anti bot to mainland, Nobody is in charge.  :) 

It is also group owned land (which I am the group owner).  That means adding the bot flag to groups for a parcel. Groups are working so well as it is...

1068bc28e98465a8f33c37a8c243cd82.png

25 minutes ago, Galaxy Littlepaws said:

This is an excellent option for estate owners, and I'm glad to see the clarification of the scripted agent policy.

When may this appear as an option on Mainland, as someone who owns a mainland region? The enter/leave spam is rather annoying when I'm sitting and working on something and keeping an eye out for newcomers who may have questions or need help with something.

We all want to know this!

• Like 1

A good first step, but as others have noted this will not affect non-registered bots, including copybots.

Can we have a discussion on how to try to make a dent in that issue? I'm not downplaying the issue of bots in general, but I do believe copybots have a fairly large economic impact that has gone unaddressed for a very long time.

Perhaps LL could invite a group of creators to listen to concerns and ideas?

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

They have added it to the Bellisseria homes:

So, this is a rare instance, but by doing that, I'm going to have to un-register my bots as bots if I can't bring them to my own parcel I've got in Bellisseria.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

So, this is a rare instance, but by doing that, I'm going to have to un-register my bots as bots if I can't bring them to my own parcel I've got in Bellisseria.

My second floor is empty!  But what would the neighbors think?  😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Jaylinbridges said:

Another issue if you add your registered agents to the region admin list, is that list is limited to 15 avatars.  A club I work at has 14 slots already used up for the staff and owners, to give them region ban rights. There is no more slots to add the registered agents that have been in the club as a band, for the last 15 years. So the bots will keep visiting the club, causing lag to an already crowded region, because the owner will not ban his own AI bots and has no room to add them to the region admin list.

Why do the bots need EM verse just being allowed via the allowlist?

2 minutes ago, Rick Nightingale said:

Let's face it - if someone runs a bot on their own land for their own purposes - who cares or knows?

Agreed. Unfortunately, as we've seen linked, it's being decided for land owners with no override.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

An interesting impact of the extension of the scripted agent ban to Bellisseria is that bots will no longer be able to list vacant Linden Homes there.

Not the first time that something that many deem as good will have a negative aspect to it.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 279 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.