New Feature: Scripted Agent Estate Access Discussion

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 270 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 minutes ago, EliseAnne85 said:

I think I understand this now.  Tilia would need more information because they'd become like Paypal to us now if we opened a wallet or Stored Value Account with them.  To open a Paypal account, Paypal needs all our information.  So, then, so would Tilia.  

Is that correct?  

I went to read the part that I quoted  from the post I was replying to.. this was what was in the next lines after that.. The part that is in Bold.

Beginning on August 1, 2019, Tilia will take over certain aspects of the Second Life service. Tilia enables Linden Lab to continue the Second Life service in its current form through enhanced regulatory compliance protocols.  To achieve this, Tilia will assume responsibility for managing your USD denominated account, which will be referred to as your "Tilia Account."  After August 1, Tilia will handle process credit requests and payments made from your Tilia Account. 

What’s changing? 

Effective August 1, in order to continue using Second Life you will have to agree to Tilia’s Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.  A Tilia Account associated with your Second Life Account will automatically be created for you and you will not need a separate username or password to access your Tilia Account.  

In order to stay in compliance with regulatory requirements, if you wish to process a credit, we will need certain personal information to verify your identity, including your name, address, date of birth, and social security number (or government-issued identification if you are not a U.S. Citizen).  You may be required to provide additional information to complete the transaction. Tilia will securely store this information so that you should only need to provide it once.

Additionally, please note that customers under 18 years of age will not be able to process credit after August 1, 2019 until they reach the age of 18. 

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Innula Zenovka said:

The whole point of creating Tilia is that it enables Linden Lab to separate residents' fiat currency transactions with the Lab (subject to strict regulation and reporting requirements by both international and domestic regulations concerning cybercrime and terrorism) from their (unregulated) in-world L$ transactions.

Tilia's taking over responsibility for resident-to-resident L$ transactions would place them in exactly the position LL were before they created Tilia, and recreate the very problem they were set up to avoid -- that is, they'd find themselves in the middle of a regulatory minefield just waiting to blow up in their faces.    

This is something I used to have to know a bit about for my first life job and, long story short, keeping resident to Lab US$ transfers and resident to resident L$ transfers under the same roof is just asking for very expensive trouble with the possibility of ruinous fines.   It's something that worried me ever since I started in SL, and I was amazed it took LL so long to split off the US$ transfers and pass them over to Tilia.   

For Tilia to take over L$ transactions would be an act of madness, severing only  to recreate the very problem Tilia was created to solve.   It won't happen.

More on Tilia and LL here, with a link to a previous forum thread.   Tilia and SL – Inara Pey: Living in a Modemworld

Even if it was what it was initially intended for, Tilia by the virtue of it expanding to other platforms (Unity) as per your link, shows it is looking to do inworld transactions too:

Tilia’s payment platform has three main components. TiliaDirect enables robust in-world payment processing; TiliaWallet provides capabilities for “stored value” for assets or wallet management and enables user-to-user transactions; and TiliaPay enables the redemption of tokens for “fiat” or real money, allowing players to cash out. Together, these solutions provide developers the tools necessary to build thriving in-world economies that empower their players to buy, sell, and trade virtual goods and services, and facilitate robust play-to-earn programs.

https://www.lindenlab.com/releases/tilia-unity-partnership

That must mean they think they are capable of handling inworld tractions too and would be questionable then if they didn't also take that segment of the business over from the Lab.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Even if it was what it was initially intended for, Tilia by the virtue of it expanding to other platforms (Unity) as per your link, shows it is looking to do inworld transactions too:

No.  If you want to offer people the ability to make in-game purchases, you either need a payment processor, with all the appropriate licences in however many US states it is, and who complies with all the complex accounting and reporting requirements (at risk of civil and criminal sanctions and hefty fines if they get it wrong) or you need to take on all that risk and hassle yourself.   

Tilia is looking to offer a service to game publishers so the publishers can handle the in-world purchases and transactions  involving in-game tokens (largely unregulated) while Tilia, for a fee, handle the highly regulated fiat currency transfers.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Innula Zenovka said:

No.  If you want to offer people the ability to make in-game purchases, you either need a payment processor, with all the appropriate licences in however many US states it is, and who complies with all the complex accounting and reporting requirements (at risk of civil and criminal sanctions and hefty fines if they get it wrong) or you need to take on all that risk and hassle yourself.   

Tilia is looking to offer a service to game publishers so the publishers can handle the in-world purchases and transactions  involving in-game tokens (largely unregulated) while Tilia, for a fee, handle the highly regulated fiat currency transfers.

Maybe some of this terminology is a bit above my head but where they say:

TiliaDirect enables robust in-world payment processing; TiliaWallet provides capabilities for “stored value” for assets or wallet management and enables user-to-user transactions;

says to me they are offering Unity a complete ready made solution to their in and out of world financial needs. Not unlike the Virwox, Podex, and Gloebits in Opensimulator but with the experience and backing of Linden Lab trained people who after all, have been successfully running an economy here for close to 20 years. Now you're saying it is too hard for them and they couldn't handle it? That seems contradictory.

Edited by Arielle Popstar
cleared double quote
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

Does anyone know why it says "Tilia" in large blue letters on the Marketplace checkout page? I wouldn't expect that, since MP has nothing to do with RL money.

On the Checkout Page, underneath the word Tilia where it says BUY NOW, click 'more payment options'.  There you will see you can add a credit card or Paypal account, etc.  

Edited by EliseAnne85

54 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Tilla has no personal information, just login information.. you cannot do anything with tilla until you personally add your personal information..

In other words , they don't have the same information other than my log in information.. I can't use my tilla wallet until they know I'm who I am..

This would be incorrect as now if you purchase Lindens, you are doing so through Tilia even though you do not have to give them more information:

To comply with financial regulations, we’re making an important change to how US Dollar transactions are processed in Second Life. Beginning May 26, 2020, when you make a US Dollar payment or add a new payment method in Second Life, your transaction will be handled through Tilia Inc.

Innula's posted link to a summation  Tilia and SL – Inara Pey: Living in a Modemworld

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

Does anyone know why it says "Tilia" in large blue letters on the Marketplace checkout page? I wouldn't expect that, since MP has nothing to do with RL money.

it's if you want to use your credit card.

This was in the ,See other payment options text button, just below the buy button.

By clicking the Add Credit Card or Add Paypal account button, you agree to have Tilia Inc., its affiliates, and its payment processor store your payment information. You may remove it after your purchase by managing your billing information on secondlife.com.

ETA: Just adding this here rather than adding a new post since they want us to get off this subject. Below the quote is from the second life knowledge base.

1 hour ago, Arielle Popstar said:

This would be incorrect as now if you purchase Lindens, you are doing so through Tilia even though you do not have to give them more information:

Do I need to use Tilia to buy Linden dollars?

No. Tilia is not involved in the Linden dollar purchase process. You can continue to use your payment method on file to buy Linden dollars and do not need to provide any additional personal information.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

• Moles
7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

So..either the topic has driven us.."botty" (aka "batty"), or perhaps the entire Tilia discussion is off-topic?

That's a timely observation. The topic of the thread is the updated policy about scripted agents. Conversations about Tilia are interesting, but are headed in a different direction. Let's leave it here and get back to the thread.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

• 3 months later...
On 06.04.2023 at 04:23, EliseAnne85 said:

І, до речі, наприклад, часникове намисто Bloodlines майже завжди було безкоштовним або майже безкоштовним, можливо, 10 л. Якщо люди не хочуть, щоб Bloodlines їх турбували, принаймні вони дозволили йому бути майже безкоштовним, щоб мати захист (часникове намисто).

"Garlic Necklace: There is a new version of this item, this version has been disabled. You can purchase the new version from the Garlic Necklace Vendor in Bloodlines North, Bloodlines South, Bloodlines East, Bloodlines West, or Bloodlines Midland.."Haven't been in for a long time - decided to check) and what? now where to get it to work? constant lags - lags - you will always come across something and fall into a trap involuntarily.   🤔you scare me

• Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 270 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.