Overcoming Addiction??

Teresa Firelight

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 312 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

With how many empty lots there are There are plenty to go around. 

Secondlife needs to grow again, no other meta verse comes close, no matter how hard they try. Only one (unannounced until CE show 2024 ) will be a contender, all else has failed, even in the VR world. Minus Sony's upcoming VR builder world which will oly be on PS5 VR 2 so the audience will be very small. 

Utilization is also a plus. I spent time transferring our RP people over to Bellisseria to Utilize what the moles spent so much time building, with now 80 people interlinked.  Spending 259.00/month per sim got to be a bit much, so rather utilize the moles work so it doesn't become only unused lots. 

• Like 8

On 1/23/2023 at 12:27 PM, Teresa Firelight said:

I am making progress. I ended up getting a new house (a trad) but I am letting go of both my stilts (because the new houseboats are similar) and my other houseboat. All three of the ones I am letting go are on really nice locations that I normally find hard to give up. But I have been "practicing" by derezzing all the furniture and landscaping decorations so they are empty lots. Then I wanted another week to make sure I won't miss them too much. Now I am ready to release them in the next 24 or 48 hours.

That will bring me down to four. Still a bit more than I need, but getting closer.

4 is a great number, imo. If you have no need to reduce costs further, 4 makes it easy to rotate out one house to a new theme when you get bored with one. I think you'll see that less is sometimes more when it comes to enjoying your time in SL.

• Like 5

I'm down to one.  My Vic.  Let go of my trad when my alt's premium was about to run out.  My plan was to go premium plus once they come out with the PP homes but since they haven't, neither have I.  I guess I'm not addicted, do I get a medal for that?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, kali Wylder said:

I'm down to one.  My Vic.  Let go of my trad when my alt's premium was about to run out.  My plan was to go premium plus once they come out with the PP homes but since they haven't, neither have I.  I guess I'm not addicted, do I get a medal for that?

Yes! If you went down to one premium account you deserve a medal. If you keep to one for a year you should get a chip like people get in AA.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

I am SO proud of myself. My friend invited me over to show me her absolutely stunning chalet neighboring an amazing Linden Flower garden. The neighbor house was still a linden home and had equally stunning view of the flower garden. I was SO tempted to put in a ticket requesting it but I managed to restrain myself.

I am down to 4 homes atm and did NOT add another even though it was an amazing location. In April when an annual alt expires, I will most likely go down to three. I am thinking that three is a nice number for me.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1

So, y'all are the reason people are waiting for Linden homes? I dont get it. Why would you need more than ONE linden home? If the answer is, you like different houses, get a plot of land instead and change your house when you get bored of it. 

Seriously people. Can you imagine how you would feel to pay $100USD for premium and be told there is a waiting list for your home? How much retention is that going to have? Greedy sons of... 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

So, y'all are the reason people are waiting for Linden homes? I dont get it. Why would you need more than ONE linden home? If the answer is, you like different houses, get a plot of land instead and change your house when you get bored of it. 

Seriously people. Can you imagine how you would feel to pay $100USD for premium and be told there is a waiting list for your home? How much retention is that going to have? Greedy sons of... 

No one is waiting for a linden home. ATM there are over 7600 available linden homes (according to the bonniebots statistics). When the linden homes first came out in 2019 (trads and houseboats) they sold out in 3 days. But since then, many many more linden homes have been made available.

If you check the land page of homes available to Premium or Premium Plus members, you will see many styles of homes available.

Your information (and your anger) is outdated.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

It's hard to take you serious when you have no idea what you are talking about. Or maybe you made a honest mistake and think the greyed out themes is sold out? No, it is just to click on them.

I think it is only Victorians, Houseboats and Stilt on Water that you can't get just now. It's Stilt on Pier though, and they are popular. Soon that is gone, and maybe Victorians is back to get.

It would be impossible to have all themes available 24/7.

bellisseria.png

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Teresa Firelight said:

No one is waiting for a linden home. ATM there are over 7600 available linden homes (according to the bonniebots statistics). When the linden homes first came out in 2019 (trads and houseboats) they sold out in 3 days. But since then, many many more linden homes have been made available.

If you check the land page of homes available to Premium or Premium Plus members, you will see many styles of homes available.

Your information (and your anger) is outdated.

34 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

It's hard to take you serious when you have no idea what you are talking about. Or maybe you made a honest mistake and think the greyed out themes is sold out? No, it is just to click on them.

I think it is only Victorians, Houseboats and Stilt on Water that you can't get just now. It's Stilt on Pier though, and they are popular. Soon that is gone, and maybe Victorians is back to get.

It would be impossible to have all themes available 24/7.

bellisseria.png

You both made my point while saying i was wrong. If there are homes that cant be gotten, possibly due to the mass of alts owning them as has been said in this thread, new users cant get them. 

Why do you need more than one linden home? 

Perhaps LL should give a bonus to land/group tier is you dont take a home. Or limit Linden Homes to one per user. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

You both made my point while saying i was wrong. If there are homes that cant be gotten, possibly due to the mass of alts owning them as has been said in this thread, new users cant get them. 

Perhaps LL should give a bonus to land/group tier is you dont take a home. Or limit Linden Homes to one per user. 

It's one per user (account). :) I think LL is relying on these alts to keep Bellisseria from being an empty wasteland. Imagine if all the people only kept one homes, but they wouldn't like that. I could be wrong, but somehow I don't think I am based on the stats out there.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, AzureWaves said:

It's one per user (account). :) I think LL is relying on these alts to keep Bellisseria from being an empty wasteland. Imagine if all the people only kept one homes, but they wouldn't like that. I could be wrong, but somehow I don't think I am based on the stats out there.

No, its one per premium Avatar. Each user can have a bunch of premium avatars, if they pay for them. The user is the person behind the keyboard. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

If there are homes that cant be gotten, possibly due to the mass of alts owning them as has been said in this thread, new users cant get them. 

There are 11 Bellisseria themes available right now on the land page.  What, can't you get a Vic or the exact type of stilt you want?  Just watch this thread, really nice ones are periodically being announced there before people let them go.  Occasionally people will announce a nice abandon in Belli Citizens chat as well.  Also, I think that sooner rather than later, more stilts will be built.

1 hour ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

For the same reason you're trolling this thread - because I enjoy it.  Do you question why people in RL have vacation homes?  Here in SL people can do things with unreal estate that they could never afford to do in RL - have vacation homes, change their home's decor on a whim, live by the sea, have a boat or plane at home that they can hop into whenever they want and GO, seemingly for miles and miles and miles.  It's not hard to understand.

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

So, y'all are the reason people are waiting for Linden homes? I dont get it. Why would you need more than ONE linden home?

To further pile on Mr. Nightfire, we all understand that one Linden Home may be had per Premium or Premium Plus account. Concepts such as "user" or "alt" or "household" or "same ip address" or "payment method" are imprecise.

If there is an issue with availability of Linden Homes, that is on  Linden Lab, not residents. They determine the available inventory.

If there is any scarcity, it is manufactured. Linden Lab created the Game of Homes and many of us enjoy playing it.498306242_gameofhomes.jpg.f0e867c78a31237d1c525c7057b8aeb4.jpg

With apologies to @Katherine Heartsong

Edited by diamond Marchant
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, diamond Marchant said:

To further pile on Mr. Nightfire, we all understand that one Linden Home may be had per Premium or Premium Plus account. Concepts such as "user" or "alt" or "household" or "same ip address" or "payment method" are imprecise.

If there is an issue with availability of Linden Homes, that is on  Linden Lab, not residents. They determine the available inventory.

If there is any scarcity, it is manufactured. Linden Lab created the Game of Homes and many of us enjoy playing it.

498306242_gameofhomes.jpg.f0e867c78a31237d1c525c7057b8aeb4.jpg

The lack of visual consistency and kerning (or lack thereof) between the G A and M versus the H O and M is driving the typographer in me crazy. I do not need this stress in the forums.

• Haha 10

3 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

A manufactured sense of scarcity drives up demand, much like "rare" Gatcha and Meipon items. The feeling that a person could get something that other people believe is hard to get, encourages that person to spend more time and money playing the game (in this case, the Game of Homes). Linden Lab needs all the premium accounts and people buying lindens to spend on stuff in-game as possible. People who have multiple Premium accounts help make up for the people who have Basic accounts or who are not even interested in Second Life. 

New users can most certainly get a Linden Home, though they may not know how to pick the one they'd like because the selection page is confusing. Greyed out pictures make it look like those styles are not available. All the available styles should be in full color, with the selected style highlighted by a brighter color around its border. The only style now that's hard to get is Victorian, which makes me hopeful the Moles will add new Victorian regions to the north of the Victorian / Log Home subcontinent.

If I could afford it, I'd have 2 Premium accounts and 2 Linden Homes, preferably in neighboring regions. I enjoy decorating my little virtual doll houses, and one style of decor isn't really enough for me. It's enough for now, while I'm economizing, but later I hope to give my favorite alt her Premium account back. It makes it much easier to spend lindens inworld when I have 2 stipends coming in too.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 9

55 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

There are 11 Bellisseria themes available right now on the land page.  What, can't you get a Vic or the exact type of stilt you want?  Just watch this thread, really nice ones are periodically being announced there before people let them go.  Occasionally people will announce a nice abandon in Belli Citizens chat as well.  Also, I think that sooner rather than later, more stilts will be built.

For the same reason you're trolling this thread - because I enjoy it.  Do you question why people in RL have vacation homes?  Here in SL people can do things with unreal estate that they could never afford to do in RL - have vacation homes, change their home's decor on a whim, live by the sea, have a boat or plane at home that they can hop into whenever they want and GO, seemingly for miles and miles and miles.  It's not hard to understand.

Agree with all you said, just to say that from now on I will adress my Linden Homes or land as "Unreal Estate"

Edited by Tary Allen
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

I think that the old Linden homes had popular house types that were sold out often. The Hobbit houses? Or the modern ones?

I read it somewhere, can't find it again. When LL released a new style, it was very sought after.

So it's hard to get a Victorian now, but not impossible, it was hard to get an exact house back then. Same old.

I am out of Bellisseria now because I am waiting to see the new homes, and I will not pay 250 US before they are here. Maybe I don't buy PPlus if I dislike them.

I had more Premiums when I had better economy, and I brought them over from Mainland, where I used them in a land group.

Just different ways to spend my money, and that was all. The PPlus price was cooling me down, I didn't see that coming... a double price was what I expected, not what we got.

I will probably have just one house because of the cost, and that's ok, the world changes, RL income changes. If I had more money to play with, I could have more premiums. That's life.

• Like 2

On 1/24/2023 at 9:46 AM, Kavarek said:

With how many empty lots there are There are plenty to go around. 

Secondlife needs to grow again, no other meta verse comes close, no matter how hard they try. Only one (unannounced until CE show 2024 ) will be a contender, all else has failed, even in the VR world. Minus Sony's upcoming VR builder world which will oly be on PS5 VR 2 so the audience will be very small. 

Utilization is also a plus. I spent time transferring our RP people over to Bellisseria to Utilize what the moles spent so much time building, with now 80 people interlinked.  Spending 259.00/month per sim got to be a bit much, so rather utilize the moles work so it doesn't become only unused lots. 

Do you mind if I ask what RP?

• Like 1

It wasn't hard to get my Vic at my dream location. Someone posted it in the When Did You Last See a LH Available topic, and I saw the post quickly enough to go grab it.   My Vic is my main house. My alt's stilt on pier is my vacation house. :P  Unless they come out with a new style that's truly spectacular, I'm staying put. I'm not making any other alts premium as I'm not interested in the other styles.

Srsly, it's too bad Fantasseria is not popular because there are so many empty homes in that section. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Lysistrata Szapira said:

Srsly, it's too bad Fantasseria is not popular because there are so many empty homes in that section. 

I think so too and it may be the house style. I abandoned my fantasy home because of that. The old fantasy region had more varied styles to choose from. These houses looks like medieval churches to me 😟Maybee they could update them with new models? Some smaller ones too?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Always Incognito said:

I think so too and it may be the house style. I abandoned my fantasy home because of that. The old fantasy region had more varied styles to choose from. These houses looks like medieval churches to me 😟Maybee they could update them with new models? Some smaller ones too?

You have a point there. Maybe they should build new smaller fantasy homes the way they built new larger houseboats :)

• Like 6

IMO, Linden Lab has addressed the availability issue quite well at this point. It took some time to get there, but we are now at the point that you can get a new home immediately. If not in your first choice of theme, likely in at least your second or third choice. And if you keep hitting the land page, you will likely get your first choice of theme within a day or so. 

What is a little more (in my opinion) problematic is now we have two groups of people who are more likely to get "select" locations - the multi-account GOH players and the Premium Plus members. However, each of them is financially compensating Linden Lab for the privilege of acquiring those choice locations. The number of residents hat hold onto a high number of homes is actually very few. The increased availability of homes has likely cut into those numbers.

A bigger issue I see currently is the lack of compliance with covenant which is, among other things, contributing to lag on the home regions. I've reported bunch of live CasperTech redelivery  terminals in the last month or so, for example. One houseboat had over a dozen! There are encroachment issues, out-of-theme issues, and other excessive scripting issues. In addition, there are types of objects that tend to bog down regions even if they are not out of covenant (like rezzing a dozen animated animals on your parcel or having a whole bunch of animated trees and bushes).

I've found the following types of regions tend to have more  of these performance issues: houseboats (especially older regions), Newbrooke parcels near water (anything larger than a smaller pond) and Sakura parcels directly on the water. 

Edited by Trinity1776
  • Like 4

Part of the quandary with Fantasy, I think, is that people vary widely on what they envision as a desirable Fantasy home (you know what you're going to get when someone mentions "Victorian"). Thn original Fantasy homes were very much in a set of stereotypical fantasy themes, but not necessarily "livable" as far as placing furniture, moving around inside (unless your avi was some kind of tiny creature), etc. It's not surprising to me that LL decided to create "livable" homes in a generic Fantasy theme for their new Fantasy regions. But then the folks who really liked the mixed, more pronounced, old fantasy themes are unhappy.

Another possible issue is that the residents who advocated for Fantasy homes are a really vocal and enthusiastic bunch, but may not necessarily represent a huge percentage of the overall resident population of LL. LL may have over-estimated the demand for the Fantasy homes.

Edited by Trinity1776
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Teresa Firelight said:

You have a point there. Maybe they should build new smaller fantasy homes the way they built new larger houseboats :)

Smaller fantasy houses would definitely make it harder to overcome my LH addiction, but I would love it.😅

I love the setting of the Fantasseria (it's one of my favorites) and I already had some lots in fantastic locations, but I never managed to decorate them to my liking due to their huge size and I ended up abandoning them.

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 312 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.