Your Favourite Christmas Decorations?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 660 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've been in sl a long time and love going through my Christmas folder every year and pulling out my seasonal stuff, a lot of which I've had for years. But one thing is still my favourite.

These Angel Chimes are a free gift from LAQ decor (below), I had the same thing irl when I was a kid. It makes little bell sounds as the angels turn. Totally nostalgic for me! 

Second Life Marketplace - LAQ Decor ~ Angel Chimes (Gift!)

What are your favourites?

image.thumb.png.29f20111aecb0fb0c3389202494b050b.png

image.png.cc1ab81785720f841d987f323b2047d8.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I don't decorate for Christmas this year in SL.
I will drop my land holdings at the end of the month.

And my Belli home?  Just like most people I'm almost never really there, so I can't be bothered.
Maybe I will toss in last years Christmas tree, if I expect visitors, which I don't so far.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 1

Other religions' decorations:

- Frisbetarians: Throw a Frisbee on the roof

- Pastafarians (of Flying Spaghetti Monster fame): Throw spaghetti on the roof 

- Festivus: the Festivus Pole, of course

- Santa Believers: Throw dog poop on the roof, tell kids it's "Reindeer droppings"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Other religions' decorations:

- Frisbetarians: Throw a Frisbee on the roof

- Pastafarians (of Flying Spaghetti Monster fame): Throw spaghetti on the roof 

- Festivus: the Festivus Pole, of course

- Santa Believers: Throw dog poop on the roof, tell kids it's "Reindeer droppings"

Baconarians: Rub some bacon on it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

I've been in sl a long time and love going through my Christmas folder every year and pulling out my seasonal stuff, a lot of which I've had for years. But one thing is still my favourite.

These Angel Chimes are a free gift from LAQ decor (below), I had the same thing irl when I was a kid. It makes little bell sounds as the angels turn. Totally nostalgic for me! 

Second Life Marketplace - LAQ Decor ~ Angel Chimes (Gift!)

What are your favourites?

image.thumb.png.29f20111aecb0fb0c3389202494b050b.png

image.png.cc1ab81785720f841d987f323b2047d8.png

Fancy Decor has lovely ornaments ever year

5th Annual Musical Snow GlobeGroup Gift - 7th Annual Collector's Ornament

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

Maybe I will toss in last years Christmas tree, if I expect visitors, which I don't so far.

I heard something about a mulled wine party for everyone at Sid's place for St Lucy's ..? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

I don't decorate for Christmas this year in SL.
I will drop my land holdings at the end of the month.

And my Belli home?  Just like most people I'm almost never really there, so I can't be bothered.

image.png.b35ca6dc69c5e532e5e0f8729d29a8d1.png

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Ingrid Ingersoll said:

image.png.b35ca6dc69c5e532e5e0f8729d29a8d1.png

Nope.
I celebrate and decorate for Christmas. But I don't do that in SL. And since we are only allowed to talk about SL here ......
SL for me is 90+% of the time creating, building, being a merchant. I'm not really into socializing inworld.

Edited by Sid Nagy
There is always a reason to edit.

10 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

If I remember I have it, it is a favorite.

The candle houses from Kraftwork/Kunst is such an item. I have had them a long time, and don't forget them.

Vendor_-_Candle_Houses_512.jpg?154517032

Wow, original mesh!!!
I wonder what that means.

Nice decorations BTW.

Edited by Sid Nagy

My favorite in SL for most of my Christmases here has been minimal and it's just setting out a mug of steaming hot cocoa and a plate of goodies on a table for Santa by a tree I may have chosen that year, and that's it.   Real life - rustic, hand-crafted, or Victorian themed stuff and stockings were a must.   

Oh yeah, adding, I wanted to say that I love the snow scenes here in SL.  The reindeer with lights at the visitor's snowing Christmas sims (whatever those are called) are my favorite.  

Edited by EliseAnne85

Can't say i have any favorites. Pretty much have gotten new decorations every year in SL. in RL I let the decorating be done by others. In fact I have done this so far this year in SL as well. I do remember fondly some things from my childhood, bu tthose things if they still exist would be at my Mom's house

Edited by BillFletcher
  • Like 1

On 12/8/2022 at 8:59 PM, Garnet Psaltery said:

This is the cutest Nativity scene.  I do have a traditional one in the Tiny Chapel but I put this outside as well.  It's from Sam's Studio 55. 

Tiny Nativity 2022sm.jpg

So it is Jebus The Snowman?
I always thought it was Frosty.

I never really had any favorites, UNTIL NOW. The Christmas karaoke machine available in this weekend's Fifty Linden Friday sale will absolutely be a staple in my home for every single holiday season going forward. Only off-key Christmas music vibes from now on. 😂

That, and of course, festive food/desserts!

• Like 1

I love the Holy p**p set from DRD, they are always amazing with detailed atmospeheric and humurous creations, a bit too baroque for Dutch estate but I admire them with all my heart. I bought the set, but then I saw it at some other sims and this is something like: 'seen it ones and the joke is old.' :-). But I love it anyways. Used the scattered presents that fell of the sleigh, put them around a sleigh I allready had, near a gap in the ice.

And I just discovered Krescendo who also have inventive and humurous Christmas thingies. Saw them at Winter Wizardy fair and was amazed by their elixer tree. I can't use most of their stuff in Dutch estate because they don't fit to my theme. You have to stick to your theme! But well, I used the cookies for the christmas tree yeeeeh. I really love to decorate trees as in RL, putting the bulbs and other decorations one by one in the tree and get them from everywhere. The red squirrel and saint Nick are from Apple Fall, a series of their former gacha's.

Snapshot_2081208136_007.png

Snapshot_2081208150_001.png

49096429887_2754218d9c_k.jpg

MP_oh_holy_shit_night_MAIN.jpg

Edited by archangel969
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 660 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.