Any update on when we can expect Premium Plus Linden Homes?

JordanMcFarlin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 356 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, AzureWaves said:

What is this place... and thing I'm in?

ranch homes?? a farm?

2 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Nothing to do with Linden homes (Patch tags his Flickr posts). Looks like it's a teaser for a mobile phone/iPad app. And you've missed out the caption. 

patch1.jpg

This is just evil, I am not sure if he is just playing around with pictures in a mobile device or playing around with a viewer.  I don't see any shadows, and it is not very high quality so I am leaning toward the opinion of a mobile viewer that doesn't rely on streaming the content, but I am unsure why the buttons would be arranged in such a way for the UI.  

Could it be both the new theme and announcement of a mobile viewer?  A double whammy for sure if it is.  Or could it be him playing with us, one can never really know.

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Istelathis said:

This is just evil, I am not sure if he is just playing around with pictures in a mobile device or playing around with a viewer.  I don't see any shadows, and it is not very high quality so I am leaning toward the opinion of a mobile viewer that doesn't rely on streaming the content, but I am unsure why the buttons would be arranged in such a way for the UI.  

Could it be both the new theme and announcement of a mobile viewer?  A double whammy for sure if it is.  Or could it be him playing with us, one can never really know.

Patch has been consistent about tagging Linden Home-related photos as such. And there will be large numbers of SL users who are eagerly awaiting news about the progress of SL apps who couldn't care less about Bellisseria. I don't see why he'd combine the two developments in a single teaser.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Istelathis said:

Oh god no, please. No mobile app for Second Life. You're going to send Second Life completely downhill the same way IMVU went - Please do not do us to this, LL. Please.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Lydia Amethyst said:

Oh god no, please. No mobile app for Second Life. You're going to send Second Life completely downhill the same way IMVU went - Please do not do us to this, LL. Please.

Why would adding additional access points hurt Second LIfe? No one's going to be forced to use it. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Why would adding additional access points hurt Second LIfe? No one's going to be forced to use it. 

Because the medium is the message.

How we interact with each other is dictated by the medium though which we interact. A successful mobile client for SL will dramatically shift the way people interact with each other and the platform in general. It will drive massive changes in both content and social interactions.

A success mobile client changes the medium for all users, not just those who use the mobile client.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lydia Amethyst said:

There already is very popular 3rd party app, Speedlight - well, at the moment it's a 3rd party viewer.  Let's not discuss it here: I've started a thread on it here:

I'd be interested in your feedback on that thread, @Lydia Amethyst .

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Eirynne Sieyes said:

They are doing a mobile viewer! And it looks GREAT!  Also updates on various topics including Patch with his proverbial *soon* regarding the new homes. 

Personally, :D  if you listen closely when Patch was asked about Belli  he said "we've uh got the Premium Plus linden homes  that are uh nearing completion" .   

That could be 100 percent true in that the models are done but no layouts or landscaping or even FINAL OK has finalized them.    Patch didn't seem all that comfortable with the question.  

I am guessing that the mobile viewer (in the work for OH SO MANY years now) and PBR are at the top of the roadmap list and that the Belli homes moved down a few slots.  Aside from the fact that people bought PP BECAUSE of the 2048 homes that didn't appear, that seems like a very logical choice as those project will benefit many more people and affect most everyone.  

My best guess is June with SL20B.   That's three month in the future. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

'Completion' and 'release' are very different things, and, given that people who invested in PP solely for the 2048 Linden homes have already been offered some form of refund/compensation in this very thread, it's probably safe to say that the latter is some way off. They may well want to finish building out all the existing themes first, or even shut down the old homes to free up resources. SL20B is a major project in itself, so while we might get a reveal then, I wouldn't hold my breath for a release.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sparkle Bunny said:

solely for the 2048 Linden homes have already been offered some form of refund/compensation in this very thread

Haven't been following so didn't know that. Interesting. Yes agree. "Soon" is not cutting it. Hope the folks that were hurt get some solace --- and remember this next time :D.

• Like 1

• Moles

There are so many things that have to happen in order for a theme to go from concept to release. We have to have all the houses (obviously) and all the content for the regions. Then we have to build the regions. Then we have to place them on the map and check everything. Then we have to get them added to the mix on the page. Only then can we actually start releasing homes to residents. If you knew all the details it would drive the average person insane. (Am I average? Does that mean I'm insane? Or am I just Abnor Mole? *cackles uncontrollably*)

Some of that we can do simultaneously but many of those stages have to be sequential. We can't build regions without all of the content. We cannot script the houses until the mesh is finalized. Hiccups in one stage have a ripple effect through the whole process. And think about what we are actually doing. We're making an entire continent rivaling the size of all of Mainland that is already filled with content. That is monumental. The breadth and scope of this project something that still amazes me to this day. Just know that we making them as fast as humanly possible.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 11

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 356 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.