SuperTom's Christmas Pressie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 662 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

39 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

How about cologne? I guess that doesn't work in SL. 

/me leans close and softly lays my head onto your shoulder, red hair cascading down your chest as the scent of orange blossom neroli perfume drifts in the warm air between us ...

Sure scent works, just depends on how you use it.

;)

PS. Tom Ford please if anyone is getting me a gift, thanks!

Edited by Katherine Heartsong
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Adamburp Adamczyk said:

Since SuperTom does so much in SL for all of us, and puts up with all of our rants. grumbles, bad jokes, and goodness knows what else.

Since he has to put up with all that, how about a bottle of aspirin, a full body massage, and a jacuzzi?  Maybe a heating pad too.  I dunno.

Edited by EliseAnne85
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

What is a SuperTom?

I'll blow the secret wide open. SuperTom is the nickname I gave to Tommy Linden when he arrived here in the forum. He liked it and, the last time I saw, he uses it in his forum profile. It's visible under his pic when he posts, although he made the mistake of putting a space between Super and Tom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Throws a wrapped left handed screwdriver in the room attached to a bottle of headlight fluid.

It really isn't funny. It's ridiculous to have to pay more for things like left-handed scissors when scissors can be made to cut either left or right-handed. 

While this image was intended as a joke, it's not funny because it is reality. Left-handed people end up paying more just because they are left-handed. That is discrimination.

You wouldn't find it funny either if you had had to deal with the crap left-handed people have to put up with. I've been dealing with it for over 60 years. It is NOT fun.

Left-Handed-Screwdriver.jpg

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

It really isn't funny. It's ridiculous to have to pay more for things like left-handed scissors when scissors can be made to cut either left or right-handed. 

While this image was intended as a joke, it's not funny because it is reality. Left-handed people end up paying more just because they are left-handed. That is discrimination.

You wouldn't find it funny either if you had had to deal with the crap left-handed people have to put up with. I've been dealing with it for over 60 years. It is NOT fun.

Left-Handed-Screwdriver.jpg

it's rubbish like this, that is the reason I stopped posting on the forums.

This was intended as a light hearted, funny, thread, not a whine about "discrimination".

Shame on you for ruining it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

What is a SuperTom?

I'll take "I haven't got a clue" for $600, Alex.

14 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Psssst. Don't feel bad! I don't think many of us are in the loop on this one! I don't think we're supposed to be! And I think we're supposed to know that we're not!

As Phil mentioned:

image.png.9f40b6bd3f1caec832e78707c6593484.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Go pick on someone else.

I wasn't picking on you. 

I'm sorry I tried to explain why it wasn't funny to me and other left-handed people.

And since I already caught a glimpse of some other posts, I'm sorry I bothered trying to be a part of the community. I've been getting the cold shoulder for months now and no one has ever bothered to say why. No point in bothering now. I'll be keeping my opinions to myself from now on since no one likes them and I'm always in the wrong.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Your post actually made me LOL.  Headlight fluid.   Bahahaha!

My husband actually tricked me with the headlight fluid years ago when I had to take his truck into the dealer.. Had me to make sure they changed the headlight fluid and put in a new filter..

My father was always sending my little brother to go look for tools that didn't exist so he would stay out of his hair when he was little.. hehehehe

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

My husband actually tricked me with the headlight fluid years ago when I had to take his truck into the dealer.. Had me to make sure they changed the headlight fluid and put in a new filter..

My father was always sending my little brother to go look for tools that didn't exist so he would stay out of his hair when he was little.. hehehehe

Or maybe he meant fluid (gas) for these?  😂

12343418_R-2022-11-26T132624_506.jpeg.6e5b28d6790bba194489ba34f4ce2046.jpeg

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Adamburp Adamczyk said:

This was intended as a light hearted, funny, thread,

It still could be.  So, how about the newest SL craze...an animesh breedable Chia Pet.  Sprouts in 30 days or less!   They are technicolor, too, and modify.  The one with lazer beam eyes is ultra rare.

Edited by EliseAnne85
  • Haha 1

Let me get this straight...

• SuperTom is Tommy Linden
  • Lindens have a God Mode
  • Therefore, the Lindens are our gods (at least on Linden owned bits of the internet, like this website and Second Life)
  • Therefore, SuperTom is a god
  • Therefore, you are asking what to get a god as a present
  • We make offerings to gods
  • Offerings are freely given
  • Therefore, offerings are presents
  • Popular offerings to gods include burnt meat, incense, prayers, promises, and virgins

I recommend the virgins.

If you can find any

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 8
  • Sad 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 662 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.