How many Linden Homes do you have today?

AzureWaves

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 556 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Last week I had none, and as of today I have three.

I went from Mainland obsessive to Belli noob to Belli convert to Belli obsessive in the space of just a few days. Now I have an already beloved Sakura 1024 and my principle alt has a 512 Sakura with an AMAZING lakeside location. I love both so much that I can't imagine ever giving them up. I had planned to use my 2nd alt as a way to hop among and play with the various house styles, and did try out a bunch of stilt house locations but wasn't happy with any of then. THEN, out of the blue, we managed to snag a sunset view houseboat. It's now the most fully decorated of the three homes and I really think I have to hold onto it for awhile. So I don't have an account to hop around with and am trying to decide if I should take the 'crazy' step of going Premium with a 4th account.

I own a lot of Mainland and feel like I can part with next to none of it right now. I am working on a deepwater mermaid lair in one of the original 16 sims (+40/-40 m terraformable), and I have been living to date on several fully designed/landscaped parcels in various far-flung regions. I consider myself a resident of Nautilus City, Bay City and Nova Albion, among others ... 

But now I've discovered Bellisseria and I already love the community and the vibe and it has all totally turned my head. When I'm hanging out on and tinkering with my Mainland parcels, I am usually totally alone and isolated, with nary a soul within three regions of me. Belliseria feels like it's got more going on. There is the excitement of playing the Game of Homes. There is an infectious energy in the place, and that translates into me wanting MORE MORE MORE Linden Homes to play with. 

So, we'll see, I guess. My LH saga is to be continued ...

• Like 6

I have 2 - but only because I didn't get my alt's premium cancelled in time.

My main has a log in the best location I can imagine, so that's a keeper :) My alt has had some gorgeous spots, but I don't want to get attached so I'll probably just play some more Game of Homes just for the fun of it until his premium runs out.

I do, however, love and adore the campers, so I'm lucky that I also get to use a friend's - my little vacation home on the cliffs :) 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Andrea Riverview said:

Same here, Gingir, 😉. Yes, I have more than one. There seems to be some virtue-shaming going on here, as in "I ONLY have one". If I chose to have a dozen, and pay for them all, who cares?

THANK YOU! There is a surplus of homes, they want you to buy as many as you care to buy.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Andrea Riverview said:

Same here, Gingir, 😉. Yes, I have more than one. There seems to be some virtue-shaming going on here, as in "I ONLY have one". If I chose to have a dozen, and pay for them all, who cares?

I don't see anyone shaming anyone for having more than one. Like I said in my response, my impression has been that more than one is typical, so those of us with one are used to having to emphasise that we really mean only one (people assume it's a joke or that we're hiding accounts for some reason). I don't know why it's unbelievable, but there we go.

Edited by Polenth Yue
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, Polenth Yue said:

I don't see anyone shaming anyone for having more than one. Like I said in my response, my impression has been that more than one is typical, so those of us with one are used to having to emphasis that we really mean only one (people assume it's a joke or that we're hiding accounts for some reason). I don't know why it's unbelievable, but there we go.

Agreed.

There were some negative comments about multiple-home-owners back in 2019/2020, but I think now, everybody gets that people are free to have as many houses as they want. 

• Like 7

17 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

I hope none of you feel shamed for having more than one, I don't see anything wrong with it.  But, I mean, if you want to alleviate any of that feeling of unwarranted shame you could always donate me a house or two 🙃  

Too bad they can't "rent them out", that's against the covenant for Bellisseria, at least!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrea Riverview said:

There seems to be some virtue-shaming going on here, as in "I ONLY have one".

I've not interpreted that as any sort of shaming. 

While I noted that I currently have none, having relinquished my last one a while back, anyone reading through the Linden Home forums since the new homes came out, would know that in the past I have owned 3 or 4 at once, and definitely many people have discussed having many more without being shamed or attacked.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Elena Core said:

Agreed.

There were some negative comments about multiple-home-owners back in 2019/2020, but I think now, everybody gets that people are free to have as many houses as they want. 

I suspect that came from the great Bellisserian housing crisis of 2019 when there weren't enough homes to keep up with the demand. Now that Linden Homes are plentiful, there's not much discontent with people owning multiple houses.

There's no shame in owning only one or more. You buy what you want and afford.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

I suspect that came from the great Bellisserian housing crisis of 2019 when there weren't enough homes to keep up with the demand. Now that Linden Homes are plentiful, there's not much discontent with people owning multiple houses.

There's no shame in owning only one or more. You buy what you want and afford.

Right. You remember how 2019 was, clicking like crazy or using auto refresh... The day I got mine in Fofita, I almost cried.. So I get the feeling of 'not being fair' about those having more than one back them

• Like 7

I don't think anyone cares if you have more than one Belli home. I don't. There use to be a time when there were no Belli houses on the page at all and one would have to waste time refreshing the page half the day for one to pop up. Having more than one back then was a frowned upon. That is not the case anymore.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Elena Core said:

The day I got mine in Fofita, I almost cried.. 

I had one there and loved the location so much; that's the house I kept for a year and only let it go because I wanted to try the Sakuras. I wonder if the one I picked up was the same one you let go? It really was a gorgeous location. But... the Trads frustrate me now, I find them too small.

Image1.png.04f11e10ea4623a9a66cda2653bdae9a.png

• Like 2

Right now I have one, the most I've had at any one time is two. Usually at least one of them will be a houseboar or a Stilt, because I love to be on the water. But after landing a really perfect Victorian, which is as close to water as a Vic can get, I think I am settled now, I have lost the desire to go looking for any more. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Maitimo said:

I had one there and loved the location so much; that's the house I kept for a year and only let it go because I wanted to try the Sakuras. I wonder if the one I picked up was the same one you let go? It really was a gorgeous location. But... the Trads frustrate me now, I find them too small.

Oh no, your home was waaay better. Mine was actually two lines behind,  on the street corner. I was so thrilled that I had finally got one, that I never thought of seaside locations, open views, flowers in the front, not many neighbors around... Until then the madness started...

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 2

I have three (chared among my ten accounts of which three are Premium).

Two trads and a houseboat all of which are SO much better than anything offered today and have cost me so much time and energy to obtain that I cannot bring myself to let one of them go though I do not really want to pay for three Premium.

I MIGHT let the houseboar go next April when that Premium expires ... I MIGHT! ... wait and see!

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 556 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.