16 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

I like scampi :P They're all good, but cod is really expensive now...one of my favourites is whitebait, they're really small fried fish and delicious with lemon or garlic...but they're more restaurant-style, I don't think most chipshops do them. 

Jellied eels on brown bread are boss :P

Good job I've always enjoyed canned sardines, although even the price of those has gone up from 35p to 60p during this past year's cost-of-living crisis. Never had them with chips though. Just on toast or on their own straight out of the tin.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

My bad! I remembered this old post and assumed you made "millions" selling Bots!

You have an astonishing memory if you remembered a post from 2016 lol. That was all from low prim furniture. I told you not long ago that my bots were only ever used by me.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

You have an astonishing memory if you remembered a post from 2016 lol. That was all from low prim furniture. I told you not long ago that my bots were only ever used by me.

I think he remembered the million L$ a week part.  😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

I wasn't using the Forum in 2016 (although I've been in SL for 16 years), I remembered you mentioned cashing out "Millions of L$", and this just happened to be one of the posts I found.  So, I'm certain you also posted about cashing out "Millions of L$" after what I quoted. 🙂

I'll take your word for it that your bots were only ever used by you! 

27 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

I think he remembered the million L$ a week part.  😁

Yep, you don't easily forget when people make extreme claims, bragging, etc.!

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

Peeve: The fish&chip shop around the corner is STILL on their summer holidays!

Secondary peeve: Since moving back to the UK I miss "state fair food." All of it. Fry it all! AND put it on a stick! (This coming from the nation that invented the deep fried Mars Bar)

Peeve: The local chain fried fish restaurant was turned into a Starbucks. (Three guesses which chain it was.)

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

I had some delicious sea salt caramel chocolate this afternoon.

I was tempted by a type with caramel...or one with more milk chocolate...but I'm being good this month and sticking to dark choc 85% Cacao with less carbs.  It's the only dessert I get now  :(

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

L$1,000,000 ÷ 250 lindens per US$ = US$4000

Oh...well easy to believe Phil then (not that I doubted him actually)....those were crazy times...many were making that much and more.  I was making $10,000 USD per month  (note...USD).  Was doing a lot of design work for others in addition to my store tho.  I still have money socked away from those times.

Pet Peeve: I want the gold rush days to return!

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Paul Hexem said:

it's always been the ban lines and obnoxious security attached to obnoxious people. There's been zero exceptions in my experience.

Claiming that somebody who DOES NOT WANT random strangers in their home, is AUTOMATICALLY "obnoxious" is one of the most obnoxious things I've ever seen you post.

Spoken like a TRUE "What's mine is mine AND what's YOURS is MINE too!" enemy of neighbourhood civility.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Claiming that somebody who DOES NOT WANT random strangers in their home, is AUTOMATICALLY "obnoxious" is one of the most obnoxious things I've ever seen you post.

Spoken like a TRUE "What's mine is mine AND what's YOURS is MINE too!" enemy of neighbourhood civility.

Well, in this particular instance, you're kind of proving his point.  He also didn't say they were automatically obnoxious but let's be fair.  Every time this comes up, you sorta do become obnoxious with your responses.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Pet Peeve: In 2nd life, and likely 1st life as well, some do not allow others to have personal boundaries, or insult them if they do. For example, condemnation over using security devices for privacy, or insistence on running into other avatars on purpose should they want personal space while at a shopping event.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Nope, I didn't say they were automatically obnoxious because of their security, I said the types with said security have obnoxious attitudes when their encroaching stuff gets returned.

Correlation, not causation.

• Like 6

Peeve : Stepping on a manhole cover, which then tilts and I disappear down it, up to my shoulders. No broken or damaged bones, I am a skier, I know how to fall, but so much soft tissue damage, I am bandaged like a mummy. My doctor friend who treated me and said I look like a mummy, asked me if I wanted embalming fluid! So cruel.

Peeve or maybe not a peeve : My little Pomeranian, so concerned for me, she wants to lick all of my wounds, which she absolutely cannot do. Why do dogs do that?

• Like 3
  • Sad 8

5 minutes ago, Anthony McGregor said:

Peeve : Stepping on a manhole cover, which then tilts and I disappear down it, up to my shoulders. No broken or damaged bones, I am a skier, I know how to fall, but so much soft tissue damage, I am bandaged like a mummy. My doctor friend who treated me and said I look like a mummy, asked me if I wanted embalming fluid! So cruel.

Peeve or maybe not a peeve : My little Pomeranian, so concerned for me, she wants to lick all of my wounds, which she absolutely cannot do. Why do dogs do that?

Probably because that might be what a Momma does to a pup when he gets hurt. :) Face it she luvs you!

• Like 6