3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve Irony: Some people "apparently" believe they are right with no basis or reason! 

I don't argue without basis or reason. In the case of traffic bots, the basis was that they were legal, and the reason was that my competitors used them. Both basis and reason were indisputable facts, so I was always right in those arguments. All the others had in their armoury was that they didn't like search rankings being manipulated.

• Like 2

Just now, Phil Deakins said:

I don't argue without basis or reason. In the case of traffic bots, the basis was that they were legal, and the reason was that my competitors used them. Both basis and reason were indisputable facts, so I was always right in those arguments. All the others had in their armoury was that they didn't like search rankings being manipulated.

My goodness. I specifically said, "not you"!

8 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I'm not saying YOU are that way, of course. *Snark!*

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I think you are minimizing the amount of impact Oz had on the direction of viewer development over the years. As far as allowing continued development, I'd say we will have to wait and see whether their cross platform mobile viewer code will be open sourced. Oz did mention before he retired that though he didn't know yet what the final decision would be, he suspected not. Could well be a peeve in the making.

Maybe I've jumped to the wrong conclusion but my viewpoint is based on substantially more than the straw grasping that I have seen coming from you or Silent on this and as much as it might pain me to agree with @Zalificent Corvinus, her pointing out that TPV's lag behind official viewer releases because TPV devs spend time fixing mistakes in new LL releases is right on the money. That has been proven over and over again at the different TPV meetings where they came and pointed out problems to Lindens that needed fixing before they could merge it into their beta or release viewers. It was just recently yet that a FS dev mentioned they were not going to merge in the new inventory preview code until the Lab fixed and released it on their end so they wouldn't merge and then have to take it back out.

Lastly, my comment on the viewer wars was only a sub context comment to the issue of an inability to create new folders under the My-Outfits folder, which is broken or a new "feature" as Scylla pointed out here . I'd much rather see @Beq Janus or @Whirly Fizzle tell us whether that will be the new norm or not. Henri of Cool viewer pointed out in a post that the ability still exists in his viewer so it begs the question why Firestorm broke it in theirs.

You are right about one thing; it is better to consult with those who still work for FS. Of course, that doesn't mean the ex-volunteer doesn't keep up to date. 

21 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Since I never got a chance to tell you; I didn't like traffic bots because they created misleading information. A lie. Generally, people don't like liars. Not calling you one, just stating facts. 

Edited by Silent Mistwalker

57 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

You are right about one thing; it is better to consult with those who still work for FS. Of course, that doesn't mean the ex-volunteer doesn't keep up to date. 

Oh like Phil, I am right about whatever I debate but I will only do so when I have more to bring to the controversy then just

tb08QvV-.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Phil Deakins said:

Yep :D. I enjoy a good debate and/or argument, and the ones about traffic bots were arguments. Some people were so against them that any discussion/debate quickly turned into arguments, and I was always in the right on that topic.

No you weren't *chortles* :D 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Since I never got a chance to tell you; I didn't like traffic bots because they created misleading information. 

Surprisingly, I agree with you. But I got into it when the #1 ranking for 'low prim furniture' was a place that sold furniture but not low prim, and the ranking traffic wasn't from the store. It was generated by a club that was on the same parcel. That was the game back then. You either played the game or you left all the sales to those who did.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Oh like Phil, I am right about whatever I debate but I will only do so when I have more to bring to the controversy then just

tb08QvV-.jpg

That's fine. I don't do people's research for them. Can't force them to do so either. 

There are some things that are not "common knowledge" because support team meetings were/are not for public consumption. 

But as far as the Outfit folder business goes, there is nothing mentioned in the changelogs that I saw that indicates the feature has been removed from FS.

Search [Phoenix Firestorm Project - Wiki] (firestormviewer.org)

In checking this morning, I find this:

The current outfit folder corruption link has not been updated since 2021.

This should be the most recent changelog. changelog:firestorm_change_log_6.6.14.69596 [Phoenix Firestorm Project - Wiki] (firestormviewer.org)

The only thing mentioned about outfits:

Maintenance Q - Quality Contributions

A maintenance update including:

• NEW FEATURE Search fields now turn yellow when containing some text, in case you forgot you left some text there.
  • NEW FEATURE Added a new button to the Avatar floater to Add and Remove attachments as fast as you can say “I wish there was a button for this”
    Appearance → Outfits tab or Wearing tab → Hover over an item in the list → You will see a minus button for worn items and a plus button for unworn items → Click the plus/minus button to add/remove the item with one click

Is there an issue with the outfits folder? Yes. Has the feature to create folders within the outfits folders been removed from FS? No.

20 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

That's fine. I don't do people's research for them. Can't force them to do so either. 

There are some things that are not "common knowledge" because support team meetings were/are not for public consumption. 

But as far as the Outfit folder business goes, there is nothing mentioned in the changelogs that I saw that indicates the feature has been removed from FS.

In checking this morning, I find this:

The current outfit folder corruption link has not been updated since 2021.

This should be the most recent changelog. changelog:firestorm_change_log_6.6.14.69596 [Phoenix Firestorm Project - Wiki] (firestormviewer.org)

The only thing mentioned about outfits:

Is there an issue with the outfits folder? Yes. Has the feature to create folders within the outfits folders been removed from FS? No.

But it has been removed, you can't do it.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Phil Deakins said:

Surprisingly, I agree with you. But I got into it when the #1 ranking for 'low prim furniture' was a place that sold furniture but not low prim, and the ranking traffic wasn't from the store. It was generated by a club that was on the same parcel. That was the game back then. You either played the game or you left all the sales to those who did.

Crikey, 3 of us disagreeable people in agreement 😜 

But ... traffic bots are soooo 2008, dahlings (there is no emoji for how I want to express)

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

But it has been removed, you can't do it.

You are assuming it has been removed. Unless or until someone from FS confirms or denies said removal that is all you can do. 

The thread in the first link in this image should be read entirely. Especially the post by Henri Beauchamp.

Also of note is the link about moving outfits to subfolders is dated 2014 while other dates are far more recent.

It's broken, yes; removed, highly unlikely. 

image.png.193c0e47b1daca97f7c361399a414fff.png

1 hour ago, Seicher Rae said:

/me пропонує Меріґолд і Філу створити нову тему для обговорення «занадто були», «не були»...

and also put cups of tea and cookies already!

1 hour ago, Marigold Devin said:

Crikey, 3 of us disagreeable people in agreement 😜 

But ... traffic bots are soooo 2008, dahlings (there is no emoji for how I want to express)

I know....but it got much better. LL started using the GSA (Google Search Assistant) which was an actual search engine. And I was suddenly in my element. Rankings were much more fun then :D 

17 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

QA = Queen Ant? 🤔

Agreed though, I'd love to hear @Whirly Fizzle's take on this! If anyone knows what went down with the Outfits folder, she will.

Quality Assurance.

Whirly Fizzle – Windows, JIRA Queen, Quality Assurance, Organizer of All Things, Release Coordinator, UI developer, assistant everything!, etc., etc.

https://www.firestormviewer.org/support/

• Thanks 1