10 hours ago, Stephanie Lovely said:

The minute I purchased it, half the objects disappeared, leaving a house and furniture floating in the air and no landscaping.

I'm sorry that happened to you! It's possible that the landlord didn't clear off the previous tenant's things until you rented the place, and the objects that disappeared were not hers.

In either case, this is a sign of a careless and inattentive landlord.  I'd try one contact to see if she can or will make things right for you. If not...move on.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

I am getting so incredibly tired of seeing personal vendetta threads, thinly veiled behind "legitimate concerns" (or other such tripe), getting a pass by the powers that be.

But they are oh so much fun to call out though. Lol 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

I am getting so incredibly tired of seeing personal vendetta threads, thinly veiled behind "legitimate concerns" (or other such tripe), getting a pass by the powers that be.

There is only so much whining I can take! (Not from you, but in the threads.)

Let's forget about the whinin' and the cryin'
And the shooting and the dying
And the fellow with a switchblade knife
Let's think about living
Let's think about life

From this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qk8vEcU-Sc8

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

They are sort of like Hyde Park soap boxes.  A safe place to blow off steam or put on a show for anyone who cares to stop and listen.  You can always walk on by. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Rolig Loon said:

They are sort of like Hyde Park soap boxes.  A safe place to blow off steam or put on a show for anyone who cares to stop and listen.  You can always walk on by. 😉

I usually do "walk on by" ... That does not change that such threads keep cropping up nor that nothing is done about them.

This thread is a safe place to blow off steam. There are other threads for putting on a show. Pretending to have some actual concern just so you can push your vendetta a bit more ... Is supposed to be actionable.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

You just need more popcorn is all.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

You just need more popcorn is all.

No amount of popcorn will help with this I am afraid ... and the requisite amount of alcohol I'd have to consume to otherwise make it palatable would likely cause some serious issues with my BP, Diabetic, Cholesterol and HRT meds.

I'd have slightly better luck with the Happy Plant ... and I pointedly do not ask my roomies for any of their supply because they've got their own issues they're treating and often only have enough to last themselves the month.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

No amount of popcorn will help with this I am afraid ... and the requisite amount of alcohol I'd have to consume to otherwise make it palatable would likely cause some serious issues with my BP, Diabetic, Cholesterol and HRT meds.

I'd have slightly better luck with the Happy Plant ... and I pointedly do not ask my roomies for any of their supply because they've got their own issues they're treating and often only have enough to last themselves the month.

I'm sober these days so, not only is that in itself a pet peeve, but it also makes me deal with pet peeves differently! 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Idea for dealing with whining in-world, for example at a venue: post a sign clearly stating that "WHINERS WILL BE TELEPORTED HOME". With that kind of notice, no-fault teleport home insurance policy won't help.

So...

when are you gonna quit whining about peeves? 😜🤭

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:
14 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Idea for dealing with whining in-world, for example at a venue: post a sign clearly stating that "WHINERS WILL BE TELEPORTED HOME". With that kind of notice, no-fault teleport home insurance policy won't help.

So...

when are you gonna quit whining about peeves? 😜🤭

T'aint many "positivity" threads. Want to start one?  I started a few but got "shot down", if you are the only person to post on your thread it can get called out for thread-bumping (even if a positivity thread)!

Edited by Love Zhaoying

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

T'aint may "positivity" threads. Want to start one?  I started a few but got "shot down", if you are the only person to post on your thread it can get called out for thread-bumping (even if a positivity thread)!

None of my threads have ever been successful. lol

And that's another peeve! 

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

None of my threads have ever been successful. lol

And that's another peeve! 

Mine neither. I started a positive thread a few months ago and it quietly died a death, but the negative ones go on and on and on and on and on ...

Until inevitably they get locked.

And that's another pet peeve.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Marigold Devin said:

Mine neither. I started a positive thread a few months ago and it quietly died a death, but the negative ones go on and on and on and on and on ...

Until inevitably they get locked.

And that's another pet peeve.

I saved links to all mine, should I want to revive them! Not locked so far as I know.

• Like 1