1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

is what I was complaining about in another thread. 

No you weren't.

You were complaining about a TPV user asking if a different TPV supported the same TPV feature.

Because you HATE TP's and HATE the fact that 70% of us WON'T use your beloved LL Fail-Viewer.

So you engaged in hypocritical hyperbole snark.

THAT's why you got the rolled up newspaper.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:
1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

is what I was complaining about in another thread. 

No you weren't.

You were complaining about a TPV user asking if a different TPV supported the same TPV feature.

Because you HATE TP's and HATE the fact that 70% of us WON'T use your beloved LL Fail-Viewer.

So you engaged in hypocritical hyperbole snark.

THAT's why you got the rolled up newspaper.

No, actually I was complaining because Coffee started going on about being an RLVa developer, and Kitty being a primary RLVa developer. You just didn't know that was what triggered me. 🙂

• Like 1

Ok, back to more mundane peeves.

One store is advertising what looks to be a sweater and shorts set. They're organized in mini-fps of four colours each, and, of course, one expects that the sweater and shorts need to be purchased separately. Which is standard and fine.

BUT I get there, and it turns out that the sweaters (which is what I was mostly interested in) are NOT in fact for sale at all, but only available at a not-terribly-cheap full price. AND only one of the shorts sets is set for sale -- the "greyscale" one.

Yeah. Won't be shopping there again.

• Like 2

Peeve: When a server or restaurant staff takes my food before I'm done with it.

I was in a Starbucks this evening that is supposed to close at 8:30 pm, though the staff always flicks the lights off at 8 pm to drive the customers out sooner. I packed up my stuff, but left my tea on the table while I went to the restroom. When I came back one of the staff had thrown away my cup. I told another woman behind the counter that my cup was gone & it was a reusable one that I'd just bought. She replaced it & refilled it with fresh tea, but I'm still gonna leave a review about what happened.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

On the anti-peeve side of things, just bumped into an old forum acquaintance, @cariboustag, who caught me just as I was leaving a store (I had my head down and wasn't paying a lot of attention). We had a lovely chat! (I have a feeling, for some reason, that we've bumped into each other before, too!)

I love these serendipitous little meetings with forum people in-world! They give one a much fuller sense of the person behind the name!

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Yeeeeesh
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: When someone thinks you are talking about them. Awkward!

But wait... if you really were talking about them, then said it was their imagination, then made a post in a different thread insinuating that it was all in their head and they're just being paranoid, but swear it was a coincidence,  then some other person agrees and another begs to differ, and a butterfly flaps its wings...

You know what? Nevermind. I have a headache.

/me lights a gas lamp but has no idea why

Peeve: my brain going in circles 🔵 🔴  🟡 🟣 🟠 🟢 🟤

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:
2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: When someone thinks you are talking about them. Awkward!

But wait... if you really were talking about them, then said it was their imagination, then made a post in a different thread insinuating that it was all in their head and they're just being paranoid, but swear it was a coincidence,  then some other person agrees and another begs to differ, and a butterfly flaps its wings...

You know what? Nevermind. I have a headache.

/me lights a gas lamp but has no idea why

Peeve: my brain going in circles 🔵 🔴  🟡 🟣 🟠 🟢 🟤

Maybe overthinking! Maybe!

• Haha 1

On 5/25/2024 at 11:49 PM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

On the anti-peeve side of things, just bumped into an old forum acquaintance, @cariboustag, who caught me just as I was leaving a store (I had my head down and wasn't paying a lot of attention). We had a lovely chat! (I have a feeling, for some reason, that we've bumped into each other before, too!)

I love these serendipitous little meetings with forum people in-world! They give one a much fuller sense of the person behind the name!

It's nice you had a good experience. I've only seen one person in-world from the forum and he was as unpleasant in avatar as he is on the forum. 

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

It's nice you had a good experience. I've only seen one person in-world from the forum and he was as unpleasant in avatar as he is on the forum. 

Ugh. I'm so sorry to hear that. 😔

I've been lucky, I guess. I've met scores of forumites in-world over the years -- many, but by no means all of them through the old Forum Cartel group here. I've bumped into many by accident, but most of the meet-ups were purposeful and deliberate, so I guess I got to "pick and choose" the ones I wanted to meet for the most part. A lot of them are good friends now. In fact, I met my best friend in SL here about 15 years ago.

I hope you have better luck in the future!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm buying a child avatar. For a pic -- it's got nothing to do with the current kerfuffle.

My peeve is that if I wanted to do this "properly" and in a way that will allow me to conform to the new rules that come in effect in a month, I'd have to spend waaaay more time and money than I want to, especially just for what will likely only be a single photo.

So instead I'm buying a cheap throw-away all-in-one that will, along with pretty much all of the others I saw on the MP, become unusable by the end of next month.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I'm buying a child avatar. For a pic -- it's got nothing to do with the current kerfuffle.

My peeve is that if I wanted to do this "properly" and in a way that will allow me to conform to the new rules that come in effect in a month, I'd have to spend waaaay more time and money than I want to, especially just for what will likely only be a single photo.

So instead I'm buying a cheap throw-away all-in-one that will, along with pretty much all of the others I saw on the MP, become unusable by the end of next month.

You could see if there are any child avatars who would model for you. I don't think any would mind so long as you credit their participation. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Peeved: Just opened the thread at page 914 and y'all are on page 953. I'm not reading all that.

You really don't miss that much if you skip those pages. You know, just all kind of peeves. :D

Nice to see you around again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, brodiac90 said:
12 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Expand  

You could see if there are any child avatars who would model for you. I don't think any would mind so long as you credit their participation. 

@Scylla Rhiadra, I had the idea that since you're into Shakespeare, you could have child avatars model as "Romeo and Juliet".  (Ages 16 and 13.)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, brodiac90 said:

I gave some thought to this possibility, but as I really only needed the silhouette or shadow of a child, it didn't seem either worthwhile, nor indeed courteous to any potential models to ask them. It's also a rather dark image (it's about loss), and might have been upsetting.

https://flic.kr/p/2pTT6RM

Should I do a shot in the future that involves a more detailed and focused role for a child, I'll certainly consider that idea again, though.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

@Scylla Rhiadra, I had the idea that since you're into Shakespeare, you could have child avatars model as "Romeo and Juliet".  (Ages 16 and 13.)

You might recall that when I was doing this project I did something like this, and posted about in My Avatar: I wanted to use a male teen or late prepubescent to represent Viola from Twelfth Night, as would have been the case on Shakespeare's stage. It was complicated by the fact that Viola spends most of the play disguised as . . . a young boy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, brodiac90 said:

So it would be a boy playing a girl who is also playing a boy.... 

Peeve: Well somebody told me you had a boyfriend
Who looked like a girlfriend
That I had in February of last year

• Like 1