3 hours ago, Jaylinbridges said:

You called someone here a "s o i  b o y"  and must have hurt someone's feelings.

I had to google it, I'm not up on the latest variations of humans.

I did not call anyone here that, cos I don't stoop to name calling when I disagree with a person.  It was a generalisation of some men that you can find out in the wilds these days.

4 minutes ago, Jordyn McGregor said:

I did not call anyone here that, cos I don't stoop to name calling when I disagree with a person.  It was a generalisation of some men that you can find out in the wilds these days.

Peeve: Men are so fragile! But I think it was the general discussion that was pruned (I was there!).

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Jordyn McGregor said:

did not call anyone here that, cos I don't stoop to name calling when I disagree with a person.  It was a generalisation of some men that you can find out in the wilds these days.

Yes, you are right - it was a generalization. But what did it have to do with this thread then?  The Betty White T-shirt also got pruned. I remember your post because it was different than the rest and you used a name I had never heard before.  Now I know why I don't like Tofu.

Edited by Jaylinbridges

Peeve...kind of: When my husband knows I have been excitedly counting down the hours until the Fantasy Faire opens since yesterday so decides to start blasting the song "It's the most wonderful time of the year..." while I am in the kitchen making us lunch. The sarcasm is real in our household! 🙄

Peeve...kind of: When him and I are trying to get a cute photo in sl and he points out what the mushrooms remind him of (nothing good by the way) and now I cannot unsee what he pointed out about them. Just nightmare fuel. 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

Peeve...kind of: When my husband knows I have been excitedly counting down the hours until the Fantasy Faire opens since yesterday so decides to start blasting the song "It's the most wonderful time of the year..." while I am in the kitchen making us lunch. The sarcasm is real in our household! 🙄

Peeve...kind of: When him and I are trying to get a cute photo in sl and he points out what the mushrooms remind him of (nothing good by the way) and now I cannot unsee what he pointed out about them. Just nightmare fuel. 😆

Husbands...what can you do?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I can imagine a few things! "Stepford Husbands" should be a thing.

Puts paw up 'you called'? Although us obsolete ones are not known for reliability plus you can't get the parts anymore.

Peeve - no way to get to Venice Biennale to see the Archie Moore 'kith and kin' installation at the Australian pavilion. Just by photos and vid alone it is stunning and very very human. (Graun has a piece on it).

Tech peeve - shifting 200 gigs of stuff from one box to another over a network that seems to use carrier pigeons (Win7 to that 10 thing) and it taking 6 hours then realising all the SL stuff is actually on the other 50 gig bit.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Mama Bear was holding the camera.

Should've been holding a few necks. She was probably off searching for food and missed the excitement. Shame. 

At least someone called the police and they showed up with a member of the Wildlife Resources Commission, but they had to take the remaining cub (the others ran) into custody and put it into rehab. UGH.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-68848098

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Should've been holding a few necks. She was probably off searching for food and missed the excitement. Shame. 

At least someone called the police and they showed up with a member of the Wildlife Resources Commission, but they had to take the remaining cub (the others ran) into custody and put it into rehab. UGH.

As far as I know, these shenanigans are not uncommon the last several years. Whether it is due to ignorant people breeding, or too many cute animals on the internet, or lack of respect for Nature..hard to say!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Ashley Hobbs, a biologist with the North Carolina Wildlife Resources Commission, said only one cub remained when she arrived, and described it as being very wet and cold.

Sounds like the cubs might have been up in the tree for quite a while if they were wet and cold. Makes one wonder if mama bear was gone a while, maybe having suffered an accident that she hadn't returned to care for her cubs.

Edited by Arielle Popstar
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

As far as I know, these shenanigans are not uncommon the last several years. Whether it is due to ignorant people breeding, or too many cute animals on the internet, or lack of respect for Nature..hard to say!

It's infuriating, at any rate. I've been to koala sanctuaries and wildlife preserves with kangaroos and penguins and zoos and a rainforest and never once got the urge to grab something out of a freakin' tree. Never seen anyone even attempt something so stupid in my life.

My best friend has a family of black bears who roam around his yard and driveway frequently and he sends me his security cam footage because I love watching them. He would NEVER step foot outside while they're around, let alone approach a cub!

5 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Sounds like the cubs might have been up in the tree for quite a while if they were wet and cold. Makes one wonder if mama bear was gone a while, maybe having suffered an accident that she hadn't returned to care for her cubs.

Maybe, but then the absolute last thing one should do is grab a cub out of the tree for a selfie, drop it, and chase it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Maybe, but then the absolute last thing one should do is grab a cub out of the tree for a selfie, drop it, and chase it.

Peeve, ETA: The above video's sound was used for a lot of videos with people trying to pet wildlife.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve, ETA: The above video's sound was used for a lot of videos with people trying to pet wildlife.

LMAO I've heard that before. Sounds a LOT like me, but I do in fact know better than to pet that dawg.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:
33 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Peeve: We can't blame the humans, Mama Bear should have taken personal responsibility for her cubs!

20 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

It's infuriating, at any rate. I've been to koala sanctuaries and wildlife preserves with kangaroos and penguins and zoos and a rainforest and never once got the urge to grab something out of a freakin' tree. Never seen anyone even attempt something so stupid in my life.

My best friend has a family of black bears who roam around his yard and driveway frequently and he sends me his security cam footage because I love watching them. He would NEVER step foot outside while they're around, let alone approach a cub!

Looking at a video of the incident one could barely call it a tree rather then bush. I have a hard time imagining a mother leaving her cubs in it for safety as a wolf or other predator could have easily reached them. 

Makes me wonder if a couple of karen's accused what amounted to an animal rescue, into a "selfie shoot" Authorities are still determining whether charges should be laid so I guess it wasn't and open and shut case.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Looking at a video of the incident one could barely call it a tree rather then bush. I have a hard time imagining a mother leaving her cubs in it for safety as a wolf or other predator could have easily reached them. 

Makes me wonder if a couple of karen's accused what amounted to an animal rescue, into a "selfie shoot" Authorities are still determining whether charges should be laid so I guess it wasn't and open and shut case.

Cute troll, but no.

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeved!!!

Mhm. Now you see why I was disappointed in the lack of a finding out update.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dafadilia Wayfarer said:

Oh gods, just what we don't need in SL - mushroom attachments. 🍄

(Now I'm reminded of "The Last Of Us".)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Arielle Popstar said:

To me, it looks as if the fence could be next to a ravine and we're seeing the upper parts of trees.  A lot of times, they'll put fencing along the edge of a slope to keep people from tumbling down.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Arielle Popstar said:

LOL, you make it sound like a Mother bear has the same reasoning as a human.  Perhaps the Mother bear knew that there wouldn't be a danger to the cubs where she placed them due to, oh I don't know...instinct?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Cute troll, but no.

Journalists rely on clickbaiting and trolling to get their articles noticed, so I question whether it really went down the way the article was written.

29 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

To me, it looks as if the fence could be next to a ravine and we're seeing the upper parts of trees.  A lot of times, they'll put fencing along the edge of a slope to keep people from tumbling down.  

Yes it does look like the fence is next to a ravine and it is only 4 feet or maybe 4.5 feet high. The bush/tree the cub is in is only a foot to a foot and a half higher. It is not like they had to climb a ladder to reach up to the cub. It is surprising the bush/tree would have supported the weight of all three.

8 minutes ago, Kathlen Onyx said:

LOL, you make it sound like a Mother bear has the same reasoning as a human.  Perhaps the Mother bear knew that there wouldn't be a danger to the cubs where she placed them due to, oh I don't know...instinct?

You're right, Mama bear is probably smarter then a lot of humans so it would be surprising for her to put her cubs 6 or so feet high considering she herself likely tops out at 7-8 feet in height, and it is unlikely for overprotective Mother bears to put their cubs in a bush next to a place where humans hang out. Not really a safe place unless maybe she was putting them up for adoption or maybe hoping some human would feed them!

Looks to me like there is more to this story then they are letting on about. ;)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Journalists rely on clickbaiting and trolling to get their articles noticed, so I question whether it really went down the way the article was written.

Yes it does look like the fence is next to a ravine and it is only 4 feet or maybe 4.5 feet high. The bush/tree the cub is in is only a foot to a foot and a half higher. It is not like they had to climb a ladder to reach up to the cub. It is surprising the bush/tree would have supported the weight of all three.

You're right, Mama bear is probably smarter then a lot of humans so it would be surprising for her to put her cubs 6 or so feet high considering she herself likely tops out at 7-8 feet in height, and it is unlikely for overprotective Mother bears to put their cubs in a bush next to a place where humans hang out. Not really a safe place unless maybe she was putting them up for adoption or maybe hoping some human would feed them!

Looks to me like there is more to this story then they are letting on about. ;)

I'm also suspicious if the original story was in the New York Post.