19 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

We're using our own thoughts and feelings (the conceptualizations we formed in the past) to determine what we think of another person.

So when they think their theory about me is true (as I mentioned above) it's due to projection.

https://elisabettafranzoso.com/articles/relationships-projections

The article doesn't mention projection being involved in our opinion OF another person. Projection has nothing to do with conceptualizations formed of another person in the past. Conceptualizations may actually be correct, based on the other persons actions. If someone is in prison for theft, and I consider them a thief, then I am correct (assuming actual guilt). Projection would be me thinking someone is stealing, because I steal. Not because they actually are.

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Peeve: Not knowing what the subject or thread was that we aren't supposed to talk about.. So that I don't ever talk about it..

It must have been a bad one..

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I'm glad that I don't know..

hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Peeve: Not knowing what the subject or thread was that we aren't supposed to talk about.. So that I don't ever talk about it..

It must have been a bad one..

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I'm glad that I don't know..

hehehe

Whut? I just be hear doin stuffs as all ways!

IMG_9005.jpeg

IMG_9022.jpeg

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:
13 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

Do you guys even sleep?  Usually I am fast asleep at this time...but woke up in the middle of the night...and here is everyone chatting away..

It is just past noon here. SL and the forums are 24/7 places.

Yeah but often in the middle of the night not much is being posted. Last night it was like a US forum convention in the wee hours.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagnu said:

The article doesn't mention projection being involved in our opinion OF another person. Projection has nothing to do with conceptualizations formed of another person in the past. Conceptualizations may actually be correct, based on the other persons actions. If someone is in prison for theft, and I consider them a thief, then I am correct (assuming actual guilt). Projection would be me thinking someone is stealing, because I steal. Not because they actually are.

I initially said "It really bugs me when people think their projection about me, their theory, is absolutely true...and act on it when relating to me. "

And you informed me that projection isn't about what we think of another person.

Projection is a type of psychological defense mechanism in which a person, consciously or unconsciously, attributes their own thoughts, feelings or traits onto another person or group.

But when we project onto others we automatically develop an opinion of them because this is why we project in the first place -- to label the other as 'bad' so we don't have to feel like the bad one with the undesirable qualities.

For example, say a mother felt her child was a bad, worthless child when in reality the mother feels like she is worthless on a subconscious level.  That's projection, but it also involves what she thinks of the person she's projecting onto  (the child). 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, PheebyKatz said:

If it's b0rked, and you can get me there, I can fix it. As long as it's not some onboard computer module or something, they make those impossible to fix without sending them off somewhere.

If you just want it all supercharged and murdered out, that might take a bit. I'll need lots of bologna sandwiches and kool-aid.

Also, scripts. If you want custom scripting for a bike, HMU inworld sometime, and we can talk.

It's the new(ish) Rebel DCT. Changing the bars on that means disconnecting all those DCT computer controls and running new wires and cables, plus bleeding the entire brake system. It's a job that I'm not sure I have the tools, time, or space for.

As for scripts... I'm somewhat confident I could do my own. Tracking down sounds and animations though...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

It's the new(ish) Rebel DCT. Changing the bars on that means disconnecting all those DCT computer controls and running new wires and cables, plus bleeding the entire brake system. It's a job that I'm not sure I have the tools, time, or space for.

As for scripts... I'm somewhat confident I could do my own. Tracking down sounds and animations though...

Scripting my own bikes was easy, and you're smart enough I know you could do that all to suit yourself, if you want to spend the time on it. Still willing to help if you want to do any particular thing and it snags on you, because I've been mucking around with various features and making them work for a while now, with a lot of success.

Sounds and anims, I make all of my own sounds and animations. Sounds are easy, find a recording, edit it into shape, upload it. You'll probably (you already know this but whatever) want a startup, revv, idle, running, and shutdown sound, at very least. I always just stick them in the script via UUID, because less clutter in the Contents tab.

As for animations, as long as I have something to pose the avatar on in Blender, I can make them to fit inworld. Even a plywood box model of a bike at the proper proportional scale, and I could make you anims if you'd like.

I have some big projects I'm working on currently, but I always try to fit spare time in to work on things like my motorcycles and stuff, so just know you're welcome to anything I've got that can help. It's a biker thing.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

I initially said "It really bugs me when people think their projection about me, their theory, is absolutely true...and act on it when relating to me. "

And you informed me that projection isn't about what we think of another person.

Projection is a type of psychological defense mechanism in which a person, consciously or unconsciously, attributes their own thoughts, feelings or traits onto another person or group.

But when we project onto others we automatically develop an opinion of them because this is why we project in the first place -- to label the other as 'bad' so we don't have to feel like the bad one with the undesirable qualities.

For example, say a mother felt her child was a bad, worthless child when in reality the mother feels like she is worthless on a subconscious level.  That's projection, but it also involves what she thinks of the person she's projecting onto  (the child). 

This is the part you are misinterpreting: there is no projection "about" someone.  What you are describing is an opinion "of" someone. Or a theory, as you have stated.

I may have the opinion that someone is a good person, but project onto them that they are doing something bad, because I do it. Of course projection can be a part of the opinion we form of a particular person, but that is only a part of the equation, not necessarily the whole.

The implications of your definition would mean that the traits people attribute to you are not actually a part of your character, but a part of the people's character attributing said traits to you. Really, their opinions may be based on purely objective observation and fact, combined with personal preference.

Projection can involve something positive as well BTW, but that doesn't follow the standard usage of the term.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bagnu said:

This is the part you are misinterpreting: there is no projection "about" someone.  What you are describing is an opinion "of" someone. Or a theory, as you have stated.

I may have the opinion that someone is a good person, but project onto them that they are doing something bad, because I do it. Of course projection can be a part of the opinion we form of a particular person, but that is only a part of the equation, not necessarily the whole.

The implications of your definition would mean that the traits people attribute to you are not actually a part of your character, but a part of the people's character attributing said traits to you. Really, their opinions may be based on purely objective observation and fact, combined with personal preference.

Projection can involve something positive as well BTW, but that doesn't follow the standard usage of the term.

Bagnu just stop it. I said I don't like people projecting onto me and basing their opinion of me on their projection.  Simple as that.
You are running off into a craziness here that has zero to do with my statement as well as attempting to redefine what I mean when I say 'about'.
We're done here.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Peeve: Losing my socks like  R.E.M losing their religion. I've lost so many of them in the laundry I should start considering making mismatched socks a fashion thing.

I bought some sock clips. They go through the laundry and stay stuck together in a pair until I wear them!

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

I bought some sock clips. They go through the laundry and stay stuck together in a pair until I wear them!

I always just turn one inside-out with another one inside of it, but then I'm weird.

Also I know where they all go.

The coathangers come out of the closet in the night and sacrifice the socks, in a misguided attempt to free themselves from their closet rod prison. You can sometimes find the dead socks at the bottom of the closet, or hidden away by the coathangers.

I tried getting them all to see the light one time, but only one of them really got it. His name was Ned. He's free now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, PheebyKatz said:

I always just turn one inside-out with another one inside of it, but then I'm weird.

Also I know where they all go.

The coathangers come out of the closet in the night and sacrifice the socks, in a misguided attempt to free themselves from their closet rod prison. You can sometimes find the dead socks at the bottom of the closet, or hidden away by the coathangers.

I tried getting them all to see the light one time, but only one of them really got it. His name was Ned. He's free now.

My coathangers are very moody. Some days they just leap for freedom, or get into fights with each other.
I try to treat them like bees, moving calmly and being reassuring.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

My coathangers are very moody. Some days they just leap for freedom, or get into fights with each other.
I try to treat them like bees, moving calmly and being reassuring.

All else fails, smoke them out. It usually works.

• Haha 6