3 hours ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

My biggest pet peeve is people making posts about something that they are complaining about. Yet when you disagree, those same rules don't apply to the subject they are complaining about. Rules for me, and not for thee kinda thing. 

Is that like some "oldbie" account hiding behind a disposable sock puppet alt made SPECIFICALLY to claim a free lelu head, then complaining that the lelu head was weird, then complaining that the lelu head was free, and then complaining about alts?

Isn't there a word for that?

Begins with an "H", and isn't the Forum Lion's favourite "H" word.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Is that like some "oldbie" account hiding behind a disposable sock puppet alt made SPECIFICALLY to claim a free lelu head, then complaining that the lelu head was weird, then complaining that the lelu head was free, and then complaining about alts?

I DO write/say "hyperbole" more than "hypocrite", don't I? But that could change, I wrote "hypocrite" at least 4 times today!

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Yep it is hypocrite. Today's episode is sponsored by the word hypocrite. Lol 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Today's peeve: Privacy nutters who mistakenly believe that just about everything is personal/personally identifying information.

When you are able to track everyone down using information that has no ties whatsoever to the person behind the keyboard, do be certain to show such. As in prove it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Peeve: Angy old bats that seem to have a Neverending chip on their shoulder .  They seem to be speaking to someone else when they speak to you , like they're taking out their frustration for another person on you. Forever damaged and unable to forget who did it to them , associating anything even vaguely similar to whoever "wronged" them , with the previous " wrong doer"

Any form of defiance or unyielding behavior triggers ptsd in their teary eyes, reminding them of past trauma .

Forever bringing up irrelevant things you may or may not have said in the past , as if during the children's birthday party is the right time to do such things °`°...

Oh... Got carried away °`°

Edited by Midnoot
  • Haha 5

55 minutes ago, Midnoot said:

Peeve: Angy old bats that seem to have a Neverending chip on their shoulder .  They seem to be speaking to someone else when they speak to you , like they're taking out their frustration for another person on you. Forever damaged and unable to forget who did it to them , associating anything even vaguely similar to whoever "wronged" them , with the previous " wrong doer"

Any form of defiance or unyielding behavior triggers ptsd in their teary eyes, reminding them of past trauma .

Forever bringing up irrelevant things you may or may not have said in the past , as if during the children's birthday party is the right time to do such things °`°...

Peeve: When one person is forever attacking others and another is forever feeling like the victim, you know this isn't going to go well. 

The children's birthday party imagery was great though. Kudos on that! 🪅 🦇

(I couldn't find the right kind of bat emoji.)

• Like 1

Peeve: My autism renders me incapable sometimes of telling whether people on the forums are serious, joking, self-aware, delusional, or a combination of two or more. For a person who had a fulltime career as an entertainer for over 20 years, this is scary stuff to me sometimes.

Especially, considering how many of those years I made my entire living off of being able to tell people what they were thinking.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

Peeve: My autism renders me incapable sometimes of telling whether people on the forums are serious, joking, self-aware, delusional, or a combination of two or more. For a person who had a fulltime career as an entertainer for over 20 years, this is scary stuff to me sometimes.

Especially, considering how many of those years I made my entire living off of being able to tell people what they were thinking.

This is true even without autism. People are complicated, and trying to figure out what they really meant or feel is even harder without visual and tone clues.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Midnoot said:

And they're hawribbly, hawribbly afraid of growing old...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

This is true even without autism. People are complicated, and trying to figure out what they really meant or feel is even harder without visual and tone clues.

I think it's why people get so upset so easily when someone dismisses what they say because it's from the wrong end of the stick or whatever. So much of people disagreeing isn't about what they're even discussing, or trying to discuss. It's all sidetracks about how indignant they feel about their view being dismissed so casually, as if there was no point in investigating.

It's like boxers in the ring playacting that it's all just rhetoric and debate, when inside they feel like their opponent ran their mom over with a tractor and burned the barn, and they want to rabbit punch them in the dingdong.

As for old bats, well, I'm an old bat, and even I have called someone on the forums a bitter old queen before. Just own it and try to live better, is all we can do. Falling prey to our own expectations is just part of the initiation process.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, PheebyKatz said:

Peeve: My autism renders me incapable sometimes of telling whether people on the forums are serious, joking, self-aware, delusional, or a combination of two or more.

I think that's true for many people, autism or not. Sometimes you have to get to know another to get a sense of whether they're joking or not.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PheebyKatz said:

years I made my entire living off of being able to tell people what they were thinking.

This is not a reflection on you. It's very rare for someone to be able to tell what I am thinking as 99.999% of the time what they think I am thinking is so far out in left field, they've left the planet. 

There is only one person who can "read my mind" occasionally and that is only because we've lived together for 24 years. Little things like one night recently I was kind of craving some tater chips. The next day he brought me some Pringles. I never mentioned the craving to him.

Peeve: Being one of those rare people who do not have the "European mindset" on top of being one of the 10% of left-handed humans. It's not fun and it is damned lonely.

• Thanks 1

According to the message from the power lines company, this morning the power is going to go out and stay out for most of the day, so that they can do infrastructure maintenance.  If doesn't happen today, it will maybe happen tomorrow instead, maybe.

PEEVE: Uncertainty.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

25 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

According to the message from the power lines company, this morning the power is going to go out and stay out for most of the day, so that they can do infrastructure maintenance.  If doesn't happen today, it will maybe happen tomorrow instead, maybe.

PEEVE: Uncertainty.

I hope, for your sake (and yours) that you live somewhere it's not real cold in winter.

Unless you live in the southern hemisphere. It's summer there so you can always go jump in a lake. 🤭

• Thanks 1

Just now, Silent Mistwalker said:

I hope, for your sake (and yours) that you live somewhere it's not real cold in winter.

Unless you live in the southern hemisphere. It's summer there so you can always go jump in a lake. 🤭

No, it's not winter thankfully.  I do live in the southern hemisphere and it has been exceedingly warm recently.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

And they're hawribbly, hawribbly afraid of growing old...

Two of my favorite David Bowie songs are about getting old (NOT from Black Start):

"Time" - from Aladdin Sane

"Sweet Thing (Reprise)" - from Diamond Dogs

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

No, it's not winter thankfully.  I do live in the southern hemisphere and it has been exceedingly warm recently.

If you don't live close enough to a body of water/river/stream, I highly recommend one of the larger kiddie pools under whatever shade is available or even one of the silver tarps that completely block sunlight. The inflatables are easier to store.

• Thanks 1