6 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

It probably depends on where you are too. The closest UPS facility to me is about 2 miles from my house. Their long haul trucks go between here and the world all the time.  The closest FedEx facility is about 40 miles away.  The only time I see their long haul rigs is on the Interstate.  I see local UPS vans on the street all the time but never see FedEx vans before noon, and there are fewer of them. If I want to send a package, I can take it to the UPS counter and know that it will go out today. If I preferred FedEx, I'd either have to drive 40 miles or drop the package off at the drug store and hope that it goes out by tomorrow, when the FedEx guy comes again.

The hubs are all in the same place or close there at that 2 hour away mark. I'll give it til Monday before I start screeching. lol

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

The closest UPS facility to me is about 2 miles from my house.

It turned out FedEx was fairly close (maybe 10 minutes), whereas I already knew that UPS was a "trek" (maybe almost 30 minutes).

Bonus: I got to see scenic roads with office parks and mostly empty fields, and drove by a local "Auto Museum" I didn't know existed!

4 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I see some that have the text so small and the image at crappy quality to where you can't even read it if you zoom in because it's been underpixelated.. that old Jpeg splatter that you would get from someone not knowing how to compress an image properly..

Either way, if an add is making me lean in to read it, I can't anymore.. I have to save my eyes or things will go blurry worse than the blurry text they uploaded.. hehehe

If the body version isn't legible from me sitting back in my chair, then I have to move on or end up having to log off for the day until my eyes clear up.. That and brightness really gets my eyes messed up too..

Bleh Age, what can ya do about it.. hehehe

I particularly enjoy this with gachas on the marketplace, the images on MP are already tiny and the pictures people upload often look like they've been recompressed ten times... in extreme measures I have saved these images and tried to zoom them just to find the necessary details, often with no success.

Gacha resellers don't care and never include details in the description of course but sometimes finding the supported bodies for these items is a nightmare. Google sometimes helps...

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

I particularly enjoy this with gachas on the marketplace, the images on MP are already tiny and the pictures people upload often look like they've been recompressed ten times... in extreme measures I have saved these images and tried to zoom them just to find the necessary details, often with no success.

Gacha resellers don't care and never include details in the description of course but sometimes finding the supported bodies for these items is a nightmare. Google sometimes helps...

My whole outlook these days has been, they need to work to get my money, not me work to give it to them..

Any add has about 5 seconds to grab my attention, about 15 seconds to keep it.. lol

• Like 3

1st Peeve: Now that I have 3 avatars wearing LaraX, I'm gonna have to start deleting huge amounts of bikinis, lingerie, and other clothing that no longer fit. - On the upside, I'll have smaller inventories that aren't bogged down with clothes my girls don't wear anyway.

2nd Peeve: Trying to find historical roleplay clothes that will fit LaraX. (I don't roleplay much, but I like to be appropriately dressed in any sim I want to explore.)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Now that I have 3 avatars wearing LaraX, I'm gonna have to start deleting huge amounts of bikinis, lingerie, and other clothing that no longer fit.

Of course, if you save those older outfits with the 5.3 body instead of fretting that they don't work with LaraX, you don't really have to get rid of them. Just use LaraX for your newer wardrobe. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Of course, if you save those older outfits with the 5.3 body instead of fretting that they don't work with LaraX, you don't really have to get rid of them. Just use LaraX for your newer wardrobe. 

I have a few avatar/form changes that use "older" bodies or bodies I have more or less moved on from. For some of these I have no alternatives whatsoever and thus have to keep them around.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I don't see a good reason to save a bunch of inventory that I'll never use. So I'll go through my clothing folders, see if there are sizes that work with LaraX, Erica, (or Freya or GenX Classic for Persephone), and if not then I'll probably delete them. There's still a bunch of non LaraX clothing that works pretty well. For instance, Isis and Legacy sized mesh at least don't mess up LaraX alpha cuts the way Lara classic autohide does. 

7 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I don't see a good reason to save a bunch of inventory that I'll never use.

Oh, for sure. I have to clean out closets in RL when I finally accept that I'm not ever going to wear some of the older stuff too. My point was just that there has to be a lot of older stuff in your inventory that you do like, so it would be silly to throw it all away just because you got a flashy new body. Just save those outfits to wear with 5.3. If they're nice outfits, almost nobody is going to notice (or care) that you aren't wearing LaraX.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Merchants that have completely switched over to LaraX, no longer providing a regular Lara version.  ☹️

Maitreya's original body was falling behind and slowly being crossed off as the boomer body anyway. It NEEDED those updates, even though they're very subtle, it did improve a tiny bit. I mean , maitreya still sucks compared to Legacy and Reborn, and is going to still fall behind those 2, but it's something.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Midnoot said:

Maitreya's original body was falling behind and slowly being crossed off as the boomer body anyway. It NEEDED those updates, even though they're very subtle, it did improve a tiny bit. I mean , maitreya still sucks compared to Legacy and Reborn, and is going to still fall behind those 2, but it's something.

Well, for merchants that only rig for 1 or 2 bodies, Maitreya is always on their list.  Apparently the market still wants Maitreya items.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Well, for merchants that only rig for 1 or 2 bodies, Maitreya is always on their list.  Apparently the market still wants Maitreya items.

Troo, troo,  it has ingrained itself in the userbase, since it was one of the early successful mesh bodies, but it's still falling behind in terms of attractiveness, body details, THOSE SHOULDERS, which need deformers to proportion correctly , lol.... We must transition into better bodies eventually. 

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Midnoot said:

Troo, troo,  it has ingrained itself in the userbase, since it was one of the early successful mesh bodies, but it's still falling behind in terms of attractiveness, body details, THOSE SHOULDERS, which need deformers to proportion correctly , lol.... We must transition into better bodies eventually. 

Yeah, nah.  We get it, it has it's detractors and haters, always has and they've always been the loudest mouths.  Being the most popular body in SL will always have that effect.  For some of us, while the time may come where there is something better to choose from, it hasn't arrived yet.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Midnoot said:

Reborn has spent too much time at McDonalds and Legacy has an non user friendly hud.

1 hour ago, Midnoot said:

It has a few flaws, but so do those other bodies you mentioned earlier.. It's still one of the best bodies..

They can all be picked apart..

I'm not gonna do it here, though.. hehehe

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Midnoot said:

I mean , maitreya still sucks compared to Legacy and Reborn, and is going to still fall behind those 2, but it's something.

Comparing Maitreya to Reborn is a question of candied apples and chocolate oranges - and Reborn ate them all!

• Like 3
  • Haha 2