Peeve: I came back from walking Cinnamon this morning and Turbo was barking about something, it turned out to be a young raccoon in the pool.

I pulled the little guy out with a net and put him/her in the front yard. I think it fell in, and wasn't a great swimmer. If Turbo hadn't noticed, the raccoon would have drowned! When I checked, it was gone from the front yard so probably escaped fine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 1/26/2024 at 9:37 AM, Rolig Loon said:

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

I say this to realtors a lot when they use the word Premier in a real-estate listing or when they use it verbally when describing a property.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Peeve: And yet another interesting thread was closed due to people not knowing when to STFU and let go.

And people wonder why I don't like humans or their stinkin cities. 🤬

I also didn't get to apologize to a poster for misunderstanding his meaning. No point in PMing them to do so since they seem to have left the forum for good. 

Thanks for making me look worse than I made myself look. 🤬

25 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Peeve: And yet another interesting thread was closed due to people not knowing when to STFU and let go.

And people wonder why I don't like humans or their stinkin cities. 🤬

They don't understand that it's best to stop replying to those specific antagonists of the forums, otherwise it will continue forever, because that's that those specific people live for :p.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

I got too close to the truth and was about to uncover the secrets of Bellisseria, with evidence.  

/me looks around nervously

Now they are out to get me!

And I was THIS close. 
Alien Mole Babies. They sound so tasty.

• Haha 4

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

And I was THIS close. 
Alien Mole Babies. They sound so tasty.

I wanna see themed events in Bellisseria. Talk about drawing people into buying premium. I'd live all up in Bellisseria if it meant being able to participate in investigating the secrets of the moles, discovering their alien mole babies, etc.

• Like 4

Peeve: Not knowing the statistical analysis of U.S. predilections behind the psychological reasons that drive me to want to be a half-Lion and eat alien Mole babies, while suspecting it must be due to some past trauma of childhood abuse.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Midnoot said:

They don't understand that it's best to stop replying to those specific antagonists of the forums, otherwise it will continue forever, because that's that those specific people live for :p.

No, they don't. They're too busy antagonizing each other since I stopped responding to their bs months, even years ago.

6 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Not knowing the statistical analysis of U.S. predilections behind the psychological reasons that drive me to want to be a half-Lion and eat alien Mole babies, while suspecting it must be due to some past trauma of childhood abuse.

Did you have a stuffed lion as a child?  I had one with a sheep's fur mane. His name was Lionel. 🦁 

Edited by Persephone Emerald
To add cute video, then to remove cute video because it's an advertisement
  • Thanks 1

Peeve: I got a month free of an app called ClassPass that lets you go to various gyms and excersise classes. Last weekend I really enjoyed going to this one gym and walking on the treadmill for an hour. Today I wanted to go back and use their jacuzzi too. I didn't reserve a time last week for this weekend, and when I tried to reserve a time this morning, absolutely nothing was available for over a week. I know they have space at an open gym, so this is some kind of B.S. to try to get me to either pay $ 20 to $ 60 / month for the app or to pay for a gym membership.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Peeve: I got a month free of an app called ClassPass that lets you go to various gyms and excersise classes. Last weekend I really enjoyed going to this one gym and walking on the treadmill for an hour. Today I wanted to go back and use their jacuzzi too. I didn't reserve a time last week for this weekend, and when I tried to reserve a time this morning, absolutely nothing was available for over a week. I know they have space at an open gym, so this is some kind of B.S. to try to get me to either pay $ 20 to $ 60 / month for the app or to pay for a gym membership.

It's got really awful reviews on UK Trustpilot 👎

• Thanks 1

Peeve.  Coming across a remark meant for me to see but not knowing it's there until after the topic closes so I can't reply.  I don't visit many topics at all, and just sometimes will look at another if there's not much that's new.  I think tagging me will give me a notification so maybe use that? :) 

• Like 5

ID key files that are tied to your device, so that you have to get a new one that consist of an email plus a code sent via 🐌 📬 "within 14 days", while you need to raise an objection against something that was their error - as confirmed by them on phone call, but, still, you need to raise that objection, with a deadline, through a platform that you can't access, because you almost never need it, and thus never before were confronted with the sad discovery that your conscientiously done triple backups of said activation file are worthless, as tied to your recently deceased device. Grrr.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Peeve.  Coming across a remark meant for me to see but not knowing it's there until after the topic closes so I can't reply.  I don't visit many topics at all, and just sometimes will look at another if there's not much that's new.  I think tagging me will give me a notification so maybe use that? :) 

This is one of the reasons I like replying (quoting) to posts, since I know they will get notified. I know some prefer not to reply or tag, and have their reasons, but of course no guarantee it will be seen..

Peeve: Some prefer not to reply (quoting) to posts for petty and/or spiteful reasons! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Considering the fast paced recycling of topics and the tendency for the same ones to repeat their views ad nauseum, the opportunity will likely come up in the near future to express your response. After all, there is nothing new under the sun and that includes the typical discussions here. 😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I also didn't get to apologize to a poster for misunderstanding his meaning. No point in PMing them to do so since they seem to have left the forum for good. 

Thanks for making me look worse than I made myself look. 🤬

If you PM someone they get a notice in their email, whether they're checking on the forums or not. This might not be a public apology, but it will get to the person personally.

• Like 3