3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Beware the ides of March................

I have grown so much forum skin over the years on several forums, let the Romans come.
I will even keep one arm at my back.  ;)

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

The Ignore feature works a treat for dealing with some of the types mentioned in both my post and the one I originally quoted. If used properly, one might actually think the Forum has rather few ne'er do wells in it.

Alternatively some could be rather oblivious to said types or actually believe them when they're spinning their stories. IN either case it does not change the fact that they're here, have been here for some time and really should not be here anymore.

Personally I'd be interested in what the stats are for people cheating and peeking at the posts of those who they have previously blocked!

1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

This isn't on my sim, and it has nothing to do with sims rebooting.  The rezzing time is terribly slow of late, and seems to be getting worse..

I just lower my graphics settings  from my presets.. People and things load faster when i do that..

Then just turn them back up afterwards..

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I just lower my graphics settings  from my presets.. People and things load faster when i do that..

Then just turn them back up afterwards..

One can also just enjoy the views, if interested.
After all people shelled out a lot of Lindens for those bodies and skins. :D

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Haha 5

9 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Totally agree, though for me, the worst videos I run into (not limited to shorts) are the freakin' reacts - particularly to music. Yes, sure, let me sit and watch someone "reacting" to their "first time" listening to *insert iconic song/band here* that changed the entire face of *insert genre here* and who has been famous for at minimum, 30-40+ years.

I think there are some fun react videos, but not for pop music. Getting to see people react for the first time* to a live performance by Rammstein with half the stage on fire, or an ahem-shaped cannon shooting white gunk all over the audience, or Alice Cooper getting decapitated or hanged is fun.

But I've also seen some really bad stuff. Like, if in the intro the guy says 'so I saw this video the other day, and now I'mma do a reaction video to it because it was so wild', it's like .. Doing an unboxing video where you've already unpacked it, tested the product, broke it because they dropped it whilst trying to take a selfie with it (because apparently we need to take a selfie with a video game console?) and then put it back sloppily into the box just to make an unboxing video.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Totally agree, though for me, the worst videos I run into (not limited to shorts) are the freakin' reacts - particularly to music. Yes, sure, let me sit and watch someone "reacting" to their "first time" listening to *insert iconic song/band here* that changed the entire face of *insert genre here* and who has been famous for at minimum, 30-40+ years.

Who the heck hasn't heard "Thriller" before and why do we need to see you reacting to it?!?!?! 

i-hate-it-here-baby-yoda-star-wars-k0hc0

And to think, it all started with 2 girls and a cup..:ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: I'm gonna start calling you Puddin'! 

I actually never seen that video.. I just seen people reacting to it which was funny at the time.. Then after that it just seemed like reaction videos just started showing up for everything.. hehehe

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Orwar said:

I think there are some fun react videos, but not for pop music. Getting to see people react for the first time* to a live performance by Rammstein with half the stage on fire, or an ahem-shaped cannon shooting white gunk all over the audience, or Alice Cooper getting decapitated or hanged is fun.

I will 100% agree with this. I'd personally never scoff at a "first time listening to Merzbow" react video. They feel a bit unnecessary for Thriller and Pearl Jam's Jeremy, however. I'm just going to shake my head at the lack of exposure.

Mini peeve: Speaking of Rammstein, I saw them live years ago in NYC. Tiny venue, though, so they weren't allowed to set us on fire. 😒😩Amazing show, though. They absolutely kick butt live. Eisbrecher is similar, if you're at all a fan of that style. Some great live shows for them on the YouTubez.

19 minutes ago, Orwar said:

But I've also seen some really bad stuff. Like, if in the intro the guy says 'so I saw this video the other day, and now I'mma do a reaction video to it because it was so wild', it's like .. Doing an unboxing video where you've already unpacked it, tested the product, broke it because they dropped it whilst trying to take a selfie with it (because apparently we need to take a selfie with a video game console?) and then put it back sloppily into the box just to make an unboxing video.

LOL, unboxing videos are something else. I do watch the occasional $$$$$$$ Collector's Edition or press edition unboxing video because they include some wicked stuff in those, but on the whole, they can be rather silly.

Peeve: Now that I have access to "Canny" for the Mobile testing..it is depressing how few bugs have been reported there. (Assuming "completed" bugs don't get deleted, I only see statuses "blank", "under review" and "accepted".)

Not sure if there really aren't a lot of people testing, or like me most other users also didn't get the Canny info.

Or perhaps, most people just report bugs directly from the Mobile app.

2 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

@Arielle Popstar That was good to read, and makes sense, and hooray for your mother's recovery. :)   I don't know if it works for getting slimmer but I could try.  My peeve is that, having lost a stone last year (through medical treatment, not my own efforts) I'm now putting it back on as a side-effect of a current treatment.  I shouldn't really complain perhaps as it could save my life but I was just starting to feel the pleasure of trouser waists becoming too big for me.

Because mother also has to deal with her osteoporosis we were looking into how to rebuild bone instead of continually losing it as she ages. I happened to run into a couple people who were on either the keto or carnivore diets and had found through following it, a number of health issues had abated. One an uncle whose diabetes became much more manageable and another who lost 50 pounds (2.5 stone?) in a matter of three or four months as the body started getting its energy from his fat stores rather than the sugars and carbohydrates he had been eating before. Other issues also cleared up. Neither Mother or I suffer from a weight or diabetes issue but we found people who reported much better bone growth through the increased protein and fat intake so now we both started on it and have seen some pretty good improvements both mentally and physically as a result.

When the HP puts enough people across my path talking about the same solution, I figured maybe I better listen up and see whether i need to open my mind up to alternative solutions. Don't want to be peeving down the road that I didn't listen.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I'm adding a further (and related) peeve to the one I posted an hour ago.  I'm on Tamoxifen, and amongst other side effects now and then I just want to slap people.  I think ladies of a certain age can relate to this.

I do not endorse slapping people and I'm trying not to represent the desire with verbal lashings. :/

Having been a lady "of a certain age" and also dealing with a narcissistic elderly mother with Alzheimer's, I can relate to that feeling of wanting to slap someone...and also resisting that urge. *Hugs*

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

A warning to those older forum users.  Medicare does not pay for extended care (nursing homes).  Most private insure has limits.  Medicaid will pay 100% if you spend down assets and do it properly.  Plan ahead!  The average cost of care for a year in my area is $96,000.

Based on the care needed for my Father-in-Law, my husband and I both applied for Long Term Care insurance many years ago.  My husband was approved and we pay premiums for such.  I was denied because I have a COPD diagnosis, even though it is a very minor issue at this time.  Apparently that diagnosis makes it more likely that I'll need extended care and thus I cannot get insurance for it.  Whereas my husband is more likely to die from a heart attack and not needed extended care - and thus he can get the insurance.  

*sigh*

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

6 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

LOL

I am so sick of arriving at clubs full of dancing naked people with their faces on the back of their heads. Can't LL do something about this!??   Peeve....

Just think of it as your daily comedy entertainment

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Sam Bellisserian said:

You could just log out until your sim is back up. Easy Peasy.

But... how do you know if it is back up until you log in?

5 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I'm on Tamoxifen, and amongst other side effects now and then I just want to slap people. 

If only I could blame my constant desire to slap folks on something other than me getting older and just not having much patience anymore with IDIOTS.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I'm adding a further (and related) peeve to the one I posted an hour ago.  I'm on Tamoxifen, and amongst other side effects now and then I just want to slap people.  I think ladies of a certain age can relate to this.

I do not endorse slapping people and I'm trying not to represent the desire with verbal lashings. :/

I don't condone or endorse slapping or punching but if you see my right hand form a fist you know you've reached a line you shouldn't cross. Once the line is crossed, I'm not responsible for my reactions.

I'm left-handed.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Orwar said:

The worst are the ones where they are unboxing puppies and/or kittens. I see an awful lot of animal cruelty on YT that people mistake for fun/funny. And the people filming don't bother to check on the animal, they just keep laughing. 🤬

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Having been a lady "of a certain age" and also dealing with a narcissistic elderly mother with Alzheimer's, I can relate to that feeling of wanting to slap someone...and also resisting that urge. *Hugs*

That can't be easy to deal with day in and day out. *Hugs back*

• Like 1

Peeve: when I hear about ladies wanting to slap someone, it reminds me of "Throw Momma from the Train", in which she slapped her son a lot. The movie made me laugh at the time, because it helped me feel some power over my own narcissistic mother. A slap happens shortly into the clip. (Sorry about the thumbnail, it's from a daydream sequence, not a scissors-stabbing.)

ETA: The actress was "Anne Ramsey" (of the Wendy's "Where's the Beef?" commercials), with her son "Owen" played by Danny DeVito, and his friend and hopeful accomplice played by Billy Crystal. It was a take-off of Alfred Hitchcock's "Strangers On a Train"!

Edited by Love Zhaoying

Pet Peeve:  Speaking of slapping and narcissistic mothers, I think I've become a stand-in for someone who had an abusive narcissistic mother, and they frequently go after me, criticizing me and putting down my choice of words and beliefs -- a subconscious way of getting back at their mother I guess.  Next time I log in I'm afraid their friendship card is going into the trash.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Peeve: Needed a specific wrench for a drum.

Realized I only have adjustable wrenches. Ordered a wrench set.

Discovered the needed wrench was included with the drum, helpfully attached to the drum by a ribbon.  (Saw the wrench attached to the drum years ago and forgot.)