On 11/3/2023 at 1:51 AM, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

Why one of those spy devices will never be in my house.  My daughter had one --- but my hubs kept asking to make fart noises and she finally tossed it in the rubbish! :D

I left Cortana and Alexa both switched on in the same room, went out for just an hour, and by the time I had returned they had created a plan between them to take over the world!

Peeve: Modern technology causes more harm than good in too many instances.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Random IMs like the following I got:

"Hello Miss, allow me, an obedient *****, to kiss your magnificent leg?"

Who are they? They aren't even in the same server as me, so how in the world did they find me? And did they really think that was gonna work? Like naw bro, take yourself on somewhere else.

Edited by Missy Starchild
  • Like 8

3 minutes ago, Missy Starchild said:

Who are they? They aren't even in the same server as me, so how in the world did they find me? And did they really think that was gonna work? Like naw bro, take yourself on somewhere else.

Weirdos gonna weird! That peeves me too.

They've probably found you in a group listing, see you're online, feeling a bit horny, and decided to send a random IM. Sending 10 or 20 similar IMs out, they probably get 9 or 19 responses like yours of total disgust, but might drop lucky and someone takes it as a compliment and hooks up with them. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mistress Morbid said:

Peeve: Sideways pictures. Especially when they are used for ads.

I know that "Dutch angle" pictures used to be a thing, but taking an endless series of "Dutch angle" portrait format pictures, and then... Rotating every single damn one of them 90 degrees anti-clockwise before posting!

Are they deliberately TRYING to give all of us cricks in our necks?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

I know that "Dutch angle" pictures used to be a thing, but taking an endless series of "Dutch angle" portrait format pictures, and then... Rotating every single damn one of them 90 degrees anti-clockwise before posting!

Are they deliberately TRYING to give all of us cricks in our necks?

Anyone I added on Flickr who now does exclusively tilted or sideways pictures gets deleted.  If I get an add request, I look at their stream and if it's the same or some random blogger, I ignore them.  I get it.  They need 4756365 friends to like their photos so they can get that coveted blogger spot.  I'll pass.

• Like 7

18 hours ago, Missy Starchild said:

My favorite has always been, "u prty gurl".

I'm like, "tnx go way".

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Istelathis said:

Killjoys peeve me, which means I find myself kind of annoying because I am a killjoy of killjoys.  Damn it, I just can't win!

I put up with them for about a month, and then when they take it for granted that they can spew caca all over me all the time and get away with it, I'll say something that either shuts them down or makes them explode. Then I just stand there and keep talking to whoever else is around as if nothing is wrong while the poopy person reacts however.

At some point I'll say goodnight and fly away, and then I watch all of the dots on the map wander away from their dot, and then their dot will disappear.

It's the least I can do for anyone who would rather see everyone around them in our escapist fantasyland of wonders all morose, instead of enjoying themselves. SL is playtime, ain't NObody got time for poo-poo parades.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

I suspect SL's "adult diaper fetish" crowd would like a word with you about that statement... 

It was a figure of speech, I'm sure they'll understand, they're like Canadians, really nice people.

Half of them probably own my diaper by now, anyway. I should at least get one free pass for that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

52 minutes ago, PheebyKatz said:

I put up with them for about a month, and then when they take it for granted that they can spew caca all over me all the time and get away with it, I'll say something that either shuts them down or makes them explode. Then I just stand there and keep talking to whoever else is around as if nothing is wrong while the poopy person reacts however.

At some point I'll say goodnight and fly away, and then I watch all of the dots on the map wander away from their dot, and then their dot will disappear.

It's the least I can do for anyone who would rather see everyone around them in our escapist fantasyland of wonders all morose, instead of enjoying themselves. SL is playtime, ain't NObody got time for poo-poo parades.

So, this makes you a type of "party pooper"?

• Haha 3

Peeve: recipes that specify that you should whip cream with an electric mixer. It's quicker by hand, there's less washing up if you do it by hand, you have much more control when doing it by hand. Does the author assume I'm an arthritic grandmother or something? If it were a meringue, sure, but whipping cream? Bah! 

Minor Peeve: When someone flips out and accuses everyone on the forum of being toxic, and deletes all their posts in an interesting conversation, and leaves this awful place forever, just because other people have their own opinions in a cloaked adult ad.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2