27 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

lol, no, Caer.

When you post, you contribute substantive thoughts and ideas.

The person to whom I am referring does not: he vomits forth whatever he thinks will garner the noisiest and most annoyed response. Which is why I am breaking my own rule, and "subtweeting" him here rather than responding directly. He's not even worth the time and effort it would take to respond with an eyeroll emoji.

Thank God! Now I know it's not me.

Peeve: Self-doubt.

• Haha 1

Peeve, I have no peeves for today. All the peeves I thought I had would come across really snarky and probably mean. They'd definitely get a reaction out of people who seem to be having a crisis of conscience about their sl goings on lately and finding offense in places no one put them. So I decided it's better I leave those opinions in my head where they belong. Look at me, being a grown up, how annoying. 

Now I have no peeves, and that too is annoying.

Oh, wait, I DO have a peeve,

It's cold, and very windy, it's messing with my power and internet. There, that counts, right?

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Casidy Silvercloud said:

It's cold, and very windy, it's messing with my power and internet. There, that counts, right?

Well, it's kind of a wussy peeve, if you ask me. Still, if it's all you've got, run with it. With any luck, a squirrel will hit the local substation tonight, plunging everything into darkness before breakfast and the start of the work week. Then your tiny warm-up peeve will have prepared you for the real thing.  Waste not, want not, so they say.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Randall Ahren said:

My unofficial pet peeve is SL cheerleaders on the forum. Some people just can't acknowledge that the platform has any shortcomings. In their eyes, everything about SL is perfect.

Hmmm...well I don't see it that way.

I think many have the ability to love something even if it's not perfect.

PEEVE: Wish all could do this all the time...

10 minutes ago, Randall Ahren said:

My unofficial pet peeve is SL cheerleaders on the forum. Some people just can't acknowledge that the platform has any shortcomings. In their eyes, everything about SL is perfect.

Do you ever get pizza, and maybe the crust is a little burnt in one spot or the toppings seem lighter than they used to be, but you still eat and enjoy the pizza?

I think SL is like this, especially if the only other pizza place in town is Pizza Hut. It's not perfect, but even imperfect pizza can still be good, - and it's ok if some of us like pineapple or anchovies or even gluten-free crust. The place is big enough that we can all enjoy our own pizzas without bothering the other customers.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
Punctuation
  • Like 7

31 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Do you ever get pizza, and maybe the crust is a little burnt in one spot

That's how pizza crust is supposed to be, though. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

Well, it's kind of a wussy peeve, if you ask me. Still, if it's all you've got, run with it. With any luck, a squirrel will hit the local substation tonight, plunging everything into darkness before breakfast and the start of the work week. Then your tiny warm-up peeve will have prepared you for the real thing.  Waste not, want not, so they say.

Lmao, that's pretty much how things go. Even if we do lose power overnight, the odds that school gets cancelled is next to nil. They hardly ever lose power when I do. It happens a lot here when the weather goes wild, old utilities being what they are and all of that. 

I think Derp is more annoyed by it than I am. The star projector and fake aquarium kept turning off. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Randall Ahren said:

The fact is, SL isn't as bright and shiny and some people think it is, and it's not as dull and gloomy as others think. I doubt there's a "cheerleader" who wouldn't like to see some things work better, and I suspect that even the gloomiest people here stay because they see something worthwhile. So everybody posts. The loudest people don't convince each other to change their opinions much but at least hearing the extremes reminds us all that everyone doesn't see SL the same way. The experience for most of us is somewhere in the middle. (And we get to peeve at both ends.)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Do you ever get pizza, and maybe the crust is a little burnt in one spot or the toppings seem lighter than they used to be, but you still eat and enjoy the pizza?

I think SL is like this, especially if the only other pizza place in town is Pizza Hut. It's not perfect, but even imperfect pizza can still be good, - and it's ok if some of us like pineapple or anchovies or even gluten-free crust. The place is big enough that we can all enjoy our own pizzas without bothering the other customers.

"Ok, if you don't want this pizza, we'll just throw it away."

15 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

This one has been going crazy lately, with everyone having full blown conversations about almost every peeve stated.  The thread easily grows 3-5 pages in a single day.  Many days, I simply click 'mark as read' because I cannot keep up with that much misc. chatter either.

You just replied to a post in the peeve thread as well. I guess that is chatter too then, right?
Peeve: Pot, kettle, black?  :P

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Haha 1

Pet Peeve #2204 SL: Griefers that raise havoc with things. Was bad in the olden days.

Pet Peeve #2204 RL: RL idiots (aka Griefers) that do stupid things for Ticktok views like side shows (cars that drives high speed in a circle in an intersection) or tossing bricks off bridges onto cars and video taping the bricks/rocks smashing the windshields.

Edited by Kimmi Zehetbauer
Can't spell.
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Peeve: Cognitive dissonance, something I often experience and can not settle.   The world is not such a simple place, as to allow logic alone to represent it in easily digestible way, especially when it comes to our own cultures, traditions, biases, ideologies, views, and whatever other structures we have built for ourselves.

Peeve 2: Being in a constant flux of conflicting views, and having no stability due to peeve #1.

So... Pizza or Chinese food for tonight, you tell me SL Forums.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Why choose?

Chinese Pizza | Okara

I wonder if they make a Lo Mein pizza, with sweet and sour chicken fingers.

At a US pizza buffet called CiCi's, they offer Macaroni Pizza 

mac-and-cheese-pizza.png

They have some dessert pizza as well 

apple-dessert-pizza-1.png

No Chinese pizza though :(

1-10.png?fit=845,503&ssl=1

Edited by Istelathis

23 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

So... Pizza or Chinese food for tonight, you tell me SL Forums.

Chinese Pizza.

ETA: Rolig got there first!

7 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

Cici's is pretty disgusting, but their "dessert pizza" is pretty good!!

ETA: Arrgh, Rolig got there first again! I need to learn to read.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Cici's is pretty disgusting, but their "dessert pizza" is pretty good!!

I actually really like their Pizza, more so than a lot of places where I live.  One of my other favorite's is Marco's, which has pretty good deals in my area.  I do miss Northern Pizza though, Florida for some reason or another doesn't have as good pizza.  I think it has to do with elevation, some people say it is the water, and various pizza places have gone out of their way to bring NY water to FL to make their pizza with.  It seems to be a debate as to why Florida doesn't have quality pizza with some people saying it is the water, others saying it is the humidity, while others say it is the altitude, and for a few they firmly believe it is just our imagination at play.

I do have a pretty active imagination, perhaps it is conspiring against my love for Pizza!  

I wonder if there are any NY door dasher that would deliver a pizza to me 🤔

Edited by Istelathis

2 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

I actually really like their Pizza, more so than a lot of places where I live. 

I liked "some" of it. But now I'm a vegetarian so, if I went back there'd be less to choose from.

I liked the Alfredo pizza. I don't remember a specific "vegetarian" pizza. (I am not Vegan.)

The last time I went to one is pre-pandemic. (This is in Florida.)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I liked "some" of it. But now I'm a vegetarian so, if I went back there'd be less to choose from.

I liked the Alfredo pizza. I don't remember a specific "vegetarian" pizza. (I am not Vegan.)

The last time I went to one is pre-pandemic. (This is in Florida.)

I tried being vegan, yeah I got really sick. Although all-natural ginger ale and rootbeer is good. But I will stick to my omnivore diet. Lol 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Istelathis said:

And this is why we make fun of American cuisine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

You just replied to a post in the peeve thread as well. I guess that is chatter too then, right?
Peeve: Pot, kettle, black?  :P

Yes, I sometimes do a reply also.  However, it does seem like over the past month or two, we've ended up with long conversations generated from a single peeve post.  It makes it harder to keep up with the thread, for some of us anyway.

3 minutes ago, Orwar said:
1 hour ago, Istelathis said:

This is why I said CiCi's "disgusting". You wait for them to bring something you want to the buffet, but some atrocity comes out instead.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Orwar said:

23 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

This is why I said CiCi's "disgusting". You wait for them to bring something you want to the buffet, but some atrocity comes out instead.

I'm going full vanilla today 😜

Heading off to CiCis, while listening to Taylor Swift, and I am totally going to get pepperoni pizza and slurp away at diet cola😈

/me adjusts "Live, Love, Laugh" picture while leaving house

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

I'm going full vanilla today 😜

Heading off to CiCis, while listening to Taylor Swift, and I am totally going to get pepperoni pizza and slurp away at diet cola😈

If it helps, I just had vegan "chicken legs" with lemongrass "bones".. 

🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2